Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:22:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158053 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
karen40

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 03:51:54 pm »

I saw this posted somewhere else also, is it just the website coming on 3/19? I can't see the actual game coming out that soon
oph3lia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 03:53:22 pm »

Quote from: karen40;1163075
I saw this posted somewhere else also, is it just the website coming on 3/19? I can't see the actual game coming out that soon

The website I'd imagine

[insert interesting and witty signature here]

My MTS2 profile
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 05:31:13 pm »

Its just the website.

At the last game convention type thing, one of the reps for EA said the game itself probably won't be due out until early 2009.  Some are predicting they may go for a December 2008 release though so they can nail the xmas holiday.  But we'll see.  Supposedly there will be one more expansion pack for the Sims 2 before then.

ProvenVenus

Super-Snasher

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 01:38:29 am »

Wow... That's one shiny Plumbbob!
*twinkles*

Ahem... From what I gather, that If this new EP rumors do go through... Does anyone think that this could even extend the release on TS3 even longer?
It's just a suggestion, I know. But MAN! Just look at that Plumbob glitter!!
xD

clcny20

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 12:06:17 pm »

You know what really kills me?  If you go to any forum for the Sims 2, any one of them at all, you'll see that an overwhelming percentage of players are NOT ready for Sims 3 to come out yet.  

I mean, I know it's all about EA making money, but aren't they worried that this might actually HURT their profit?  I mean, I know that I won't buy S3 until I can modify things easily (I get tired of the shipped-with custom content quite easily, especially when my pictures and my sims start to look just like everyone elses) or at least one expansion pack comes out.  

I saw the youtube preview of the sim playing it on his computer, and I have to say that I'm not really impressed.  Not at all actually.  The sims that I saw in the CASIE screen there reminded me of that South Park episode where the people from the future come back in time to get jobs, and they were this weird mixture of all the races, giving them all the same features, and even skintones--they just look spooky.  

The only differences I saw was the ability to change shoes, and--as someone mentioned before, no chat bubbles above their heads...big woop.  

Why can't they just work on having that done with Sims 2?  

I'd love to see toddlers be able to do things that children can do (blow bubbles, ballet, dance on their feet, cartwheel, throwing a ball, running, playing tag, playing patty cake, etc.), and that's just to name a few.  I sincerely hope they have hair meshes that come with alpha options to make hair more see-through (for ethnic hair, and even light curls).

I just think there's so much left to be done on Sims 2, and that rather than improving upon it, they're just scraping the whole thing and starting over with MORE bugs, something that's going to pretty much call for a new computer, not to mention new tools to aide in making custom content.  It's stupid, and just way too soon.

If you cannot accept me at my worst, then you do not deserve to know me at my best :happy8:
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 12:10:16 pm »

Thank you For the info looking forward to see more about the sims3 game

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 12:45:27 pm »

It's just the website like with Spore. Sims 3 isn't slated till a 2009 title which means earliest possible release is Oct of this year and that's really pushing it. But they've been working on it for over 2 years now. They began working on it in 2006. So saying this quickly/early I don't understand. How long is it suppose to take to make a game? After two years I'd think it would at least be in testing stages.

I've seen the video the big one on the AI technology that will be used in Sims 3 from Richard Evans, and I'm excited. I've enjoyed playing the Sims 2, will probably continue to play them But, even with all EP's/SP's I've spent less than it costs for one day of enjoyment at an amusment park for my family. The sims 2 has given me months of enjoyment. Bring it on I'll buy it. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 12:48:58 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
maniac19642003
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 04:37:01 pm »

1Up posted a screen shot of the next Games for Windows magazine. On it, is a pic of the Sims 3 and the logo.

This magazine, which is the April/May issue, will publish 12 pages of Sims 3 info. Below you can find some of the info from 1Up. Read all of it here: 1Up.com

"The town and park you see on the cover image exist in the same seamless space as your Sims' household, and what you do outside your home now matters as much as what you do within.
The game also sees a major shift in how Sims' motives are handled: Individual meters indicating bladder and sleep-deprivation levels are replaced by a new system of discrete moods so they can focus more on, well, going out on the brand new town."

* sims3.jpg (185.64 KB, 500x690 - viewed 1445 times.)
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 05:09:26 pm »

What I would dearly like to know is whether or now EAxis is going to pull a fast one on us by not only delaying the release, but also making it next to impossible to run the new game on existing computers. What I fear is that they're going to put it on the Vista platform requirements, and while Microsoft will love that, I doubt that everyone who has Sims 2 has Vista-I certainly do not, nor will I buy it for a game, Sims 3 or not.
I have a very funny feeling they're going to make a monster of a bad game if they do that-by putting into a platform nobody wants or has, and then making the requirements for running it so exotic nobody can afford it.
They'll cut their own throats by doing this, but hell-it's their greed showing.

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 05:15:01 pm »

:group hu:Smiley:happy3::lurk:Cheesy:D:happy7::sunny::sunny::wav::wav::thumbrig::thumbrig::thumbrig::dance:
Quote from: maniac19642003;1164162
1Up posted a screen shot of the next Games for Windows magazine. On it, is a pic of the Sims 3 and the logo.

This magazine, which is the April/May issue, will publish 12 pages of Sims 3 info. Below you can find some of the info from 1Up. Read all of it here: 1Up.com

"The town and park you see on the cover image exist in the same seamless space as your Sims' household, and what you do outside your home now matters as much as what you do within.
The game also sees a major shift in how Sims' motives are handled: Individual meters indicating bladder and sleep-deprivation levels are replaced by a new system of discrete moods so they can focus more on, well, going out on the brand new town."

i will Buy the sims3 that for sure since i will have a new computer and thank You For the info.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 09:37:19 am by Pierre1 » Logged

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 05:23:07 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy;1163227
Some are predicting they may go for a December 2008 release though so they can nail the xmas holiday.  But we'll see.  Supposedly there will be one more expansion pack for the Sims 2 before then.

They probably go for the christmas sales in order to get the kiddie's parents to pay for the final development after the X-Mas Beta has hit the market. I can't see any major company miss out on christmas sales, even if the bugs crawl out of the CDs as if it was an overripe corpse.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 05:40:41 pm »

hello

here is more info that i have found for the sims 3

Sims 3 unveiling on March 19?
New EA teaser site promises further details about the next iteration of its megapopular life-sim series in two weeks.
By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Mar 5, 2008 5:35 pm PT
In November 2006, Electronic Arts chief financial officer Warren Jenson revealed that The Sims 3 was in the works. Though he was reticent on details about the next iteration of the series--which is so popular that one of EA's four divisions is devoted to it--he did say the franchise would eventually arrive on the Wii and PlayStation 3 consoles. The Sims' Wii debut, MySims, went on sale last September to mixed critical and commercial success. However, to date, no Sims games have appeared on either the PS3 or its archrival Xbox 360 console.

That, however, may soon change. After over a year under the radar, the Sims 3 has resurfaced courtesy of a teaser page on the EA-owned URL thesims3.ea.com. The site went live this week with an enigmatic splash page showing an emerald-green crystal with the numeral "3" next to it. Below it are the words "More information coming soon!*" and below that the date "*March 19."

What exactly is EA teasing? An ESRB "Rating Pending" logo discreetly tucked at the bottom of the page seems to indicate it is indeed a single Sims 3 game. However, the company has not elaborated on whether said game will be a proper successor to the Sims 2, which was released on the PC in 2004 and adapted for the DS, Mac, GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, original Xbox, and Game Boy Advance the following year.

Sales-wise, the NPD Group reports the original Sims 2 has sold nearly 4.9 million copies on all platforms in the US, with the PC edition spawning 15 expansion and add-on packs. Other non-PC Sims 2 games included, The Sims 2: Pets and The Sims 2: Castaway. According to EA, nearly 100 million Sims games have been sold worldwide since the Will Wright-created series launched in 1999.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 09:37:56 pm »

Quote from: Pierreandreply4;1164259
with the PC edition spawning 15 expansion and add-on packs.

This would mean prima was talking about Kitchen and Bath when they said there are more expansions to Sims 2 coming. Because with all the EP/SP's they add up to 15 once you include Kitchen and Bath. Only other actual Sim title I saw slated for "2008" release this year is Sim Animals. Then if you want to consider MySims as like mini me Sims. That is also slated to be released this year(a 2008 title) for the PC. The rest are slated as 2009 titles including Sims 3, but their 2009 year begins in Oct. Which is why I thought probably about Christmas so they could make record profits for the beginning of their fiscal year.

EPS
Sims 2
Nightlife
University
OFB
Pets
Seasons
Bon Voyage
FreeTime=8

SPS
Family Fun
Glamour Life
Celebration
H&M
Teen Stuff
Kitchen and Bath
Holiday=7
________

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2008, 12:45:33 am »

PegasusDiana I think you're counting the base game, while you shouldn't. I think that "with the PC edition spawning 15 expansion and add-on " means that after the base 15 eps/sps were created, so ... 7 eps and 7 sps - we are missing 1! Smiley
strawberrysim12

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 08:46:25 am »

I still have windows XP and like my sims2 better, i won't be buying sims3 if it comes out, it may cost more that sims2. also the sims3 might have major bug issues.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: