Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 04:16:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 159634 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2008, 07:00:38 pm »

I'm not sure how i feel about this game...i like the idea of a seamless neighborhood instead of load screens like now which take a long time, after i've been playing a few hours...i like the idea of personalities instead of zodiac and the choice we have now with neat...nice...ect....i can see where they would have more unique and different ways about themselves now which would reflect on how they behave with others....the scenery looks real good more detailed and realistic...but i'm not real impressed with the sims themselves....the pics they show the skin looks weird to me...the eyes seem a little better but the hair and clothes seem like they are colored on...no realism at all...they look pasted and blurred....now i would like to see some children and toddler pics too... and i got a question? if the need to take care of the sims needs like we do now..eat, sleep..ect...won't be necessary cuz all u would have to do is click on the feed popup and they are fed and the need is satisfied....why would you go to the grocery store and buy ingredients to make food or grow your own? and if this applies to the other needs bathroom sleep, hygiene you would have alot of money cuz you wouldn't have to buy any of that stuff...so i'm guessing the popup is optional and hopefully the one for your sims to continue with their lives even if you switch to a different family to play...i don't like that feature either...Well i hope and really think they need to give us alot more details about the game before they try to release it...and mayb start a forum on their new website to help answer questions we as potentional buyers may have...i know not everything should be answered due to surprises but some basic ones yes...i bought sims castaway and i was very disappointed with it and after i completed the goal, 2 days after getting it i haven't touched it since, i wasted $30.00..IMO...i just want something i purchase to be worth it and i will continue to play it....

BEV
_Krishna_

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2008, 05:44:24 am »

Quote from: Bev in NY;1182441
if the need to take care of the sims needs like we do now..eat, sleep..ect...won't be necessary cuz all u would have to do is click on the feed popup and they are fed and the need is satisfied....why would you go to the grocery store and buy ingredients to make food or grow your own? and if this applies to the other needs bathroom sleep, hygiene you would have alot of money cuz you wouldn't have to buy any of that stuff...

From what I understand, you will have to purchase everything anyway, it's just that you will not have to click on the objects themselves, or constantly look at the needs bars, because the game itself will tell you when your sims is hungry. You will have to click on the pop-up to make them go use fridge, bath, etc.
_Krishna_

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2008, 05:54:13 am »

Regarding personality traits, I have a feeling I will end up with only 2-3 combinations that will not annoy me. The idea looks good, but knowing EA I expect them to make any sim who's daredevil try to kill themselves every 2 minutes, and any neat sim try to clean everything they see every half a minute...So, I'm quite sceptical about new personalities. But still I hope EA will nicely surprise me.
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2008, 06:11:51 pm »

As it has been said before... I really like the whole open neighbourhood idea. And the more variable body shapes. But anything else? Nope. I'm not prepared to give up four years of playing (Ok, it's been reinstalled a dozen times) for something that is just a slight 'improvement' on the Sims 2, not an entirely new game. Did you see the furniture? It's exactly the same! Someone mentioned before that they should make an expansion with the bodyshape options etc, which sound like a good idea to me. I would buy that.

I'm really not a fan of Maxis clothing. I'm not prepared to buy the game, some of it looks tempting, but even if I do get my mum to buy it (me = broke) it won't be until I've read all I possibly can after others have brought the game and reported the numerous bugs I know are going to crop up. And frankly, my computer isn't very old (maybe 3 years) and it is already struggling with what I have and I don't even have all of the EP/SP's.

Grr EA and their money grabbing schemes ... *fades off to muttering*

Ok, done with my rant now. :punch:

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2008, 06:55:51 pm »

I just got a New Computer today so i say that i am ready for the Sims3 Game.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2008, 04:24:34 pm »

However tempting the Sims 3 may look,I ain't goin' near it,why? I have spent way too much time and money on the Sims 2

Lover of lederhosen
Hanomaru
Lurky McLurkface

I'll just leave this here.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2008, 06:56:23 pm »

It will probably just end up killing my poor old crappy computer, but I have to say, apart from the default skins and eyes (the hair is slightly better), I'm rather impressed. They've already basically said it's going to be as customizable as 2, and that's the only major thing I was worried about.

Basically, my expectations are based on what happened with my 1-2 transfer: I'll see the game, get totally worked up, read every letter of material, get a whole new computer just to play it, and - surprise! - enjoy it for days - months - years on end. Then find a community with awesome stuff attached and enjoy it even more. Here's to future mod sites!

Oh, and a note: EA/Maxis are some of the extremely few wealthy bastards I will voluntarily give my money to.

"You're telling me that fifty million screaming friends are never wrong?
I'm telling you that fifty million screaming friends are $&@%ing morons."
James Euringer
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2008, 05:17:37 pm »

hello

here is the pre order page for the sims 3 with release date its from EbGames

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=647322

Pre-Release
Ships 4/7/2009 (***The sims 3)

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
maniac19642003
« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2008, 05:38:18 pm »

Quote from: Pierreandreply4;1189023
Pre-Release
Ships 4/7/2009 (***The sims 3)

Good luck following that date, they're constantly changing their dates on games, I know cuz I order my games from them all the time lol.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2008, 05:39:24 pm »

Thank you

ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2008, 11:16:27 am »

okay--- whilst i love the fact of seemless neghbourhoods.... i am slightly worried about if i play one family- then the whole neghbourhood seems to be growing with them- if you have 15 families lets say- and you like one a lot... then are the other families going to just age and die as you continue- lets say your legacy challenge?

maybe i have read it all wrong?

and i cant re itteratte how much I HATE THEIR SKIN/EYES/HAIR + CLOTHES DESIGNERS!- seriously the clothes are designed around the early 90s and are AWFUL! - seriously if you thought about wearing any of those items in real life. and dont get me started on the plastic hair and shiny shiny unrealistic skin!

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2008, 08:48:37 pm »

That's what I got from it too, that even when we shut down the game or we're playing a different family they will continue in their little AI lives. The whole neighborhood will grow. We could come back in a couple days and they have a couple new children. I hope we're not reading that wrong. Or I should say I hope we're reading that wrong. I don't like that idea at all.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:50:53 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Ultravixen

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2008, 09:01:01 pm »

I don't like that idea either. That would be so stupid.
Geez, can you imagine that you can't use any of your current cc?
That would be a nightmare, I hate those clothes, hairs and skintones!
But I think the game is going to be a nice thing, looks like fun!

Sim Idol 2008 - 4th | Picture Perfect - Mentor
Ultravixen's Simmies
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2008, 02:55:37 am »

Well if everyone is going to continue aging and expanding families etc without you telling them to, i hope they add the OPTION to turn that off.. I cant imagine that that would be a good idea? I mean... i can play a certain family for a few days if they are interesting enough... and then move on to another... i wouldn't want everyone to age and kids to grow up etc while Im not in control of it.  

Also... Im with what someone else said... if i wanted to play the neighbourhood at the same time Id just be playing simcity.  This Sims/Simcity hybrid cant be a good thing.  
The main reason why people create sims is for individuality... so if they start to take away from that it kinda loses the plot a bit.

BUT

1) I know its early days, and things and info about Ts3 is subject to change at any time, so Im not too concerned about those things yet.  There are still a lot of stuff that they need to add and remove and 'tinker' on...

2) Actually... if they do decide to make it an uncontrolled mass of AI activity with us losing control of the rest of the 'hood while working on one specific sim - Ill just stick to TS2... I dont NEED to get Ts3..

3) Maybe Ill even be thankful to EA for driving the game further out of my mind. Ts2 does get boring after a few days of playing... so imagine 2 years from the last EP/SP of Ts2... You wont be playing anymore...i think.  We'll all be moved on and it'll be another novelty game in the drawer.  And everyone can finally resume control on their own lives again, not live vicariously through some computer created effigy of yourself.
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2008, 07:34:25 am »

they have forgotten that a lot of people play the sims because you can control every little thing they do- so if you lose that by playing one family over another......

i cant imagine what helll will brake loose in my families- espically if you have a romance sim and they get their own A.I .........

okay i know doubt aspirations- but defintly going to be lusty sims around...

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: