Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:06:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 159568 times)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2008, 04:48:12 pm »

PC Gameplay, a Belgian game magazine, had a big article about Sims 3. There were no new screen shots and the language is Dutch so there's no need to scan the pages. It had some interesting details and also an exclusive interview with head Sims 3 producer Lindsay Pearson.
Check this interview here: Sims 3 interview

The new details concern the Politics career:
"To advance in this career, a scenario is about raising campaign funds. So this means you need to organize a fund raising party and ask money from the guests. The amount of money will decide if you succeed or not. Success in a scenario can mean a promotion, better job performance or a raise.
In this career, you can eventually become mayor and if you perform lousy, angry citizens may parade in front of city hall, shouting and carrying banners."
Dec12741

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2008, 10:44:17 pm »

STOP the Press,I(Dec12741) have very very hot new Amazon.com has a Picture of the cover of the BOX see picture,i think do not hold to this but it just might be out by SPRING?

* 41J--QWp+BL._AA280_.jpg (12.29 KB, 280x280 - viewed 699 times.)
thewaxpoetic

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2008, 10:55:06 pm »

Interesting.  Maybe, I still prefer Sims 2 to 3.  I'm not impressed by the renders all too much.  I'll have to give it a chance, but I'll always love Sims 2.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2008, 03:22:42 am »

I'll probably still be hopelessly attached to TS2 when TS3 is released, so I probably won't be in much of a rush to get TS3 at any rate. Then again, I didn't put TS2 until after the release of the University EP, and just before I started playing TS2 I was still playing TS1 as well as its console counterparts(Bustin' Out, Urbz:Sims in the City). I believe there are plenty of people out there still playing Sims 1, so I don't see the novelty for Sims 2 dying down just yet. Besides, there's speculation about an 8th EP called Apartment Life being released in September, as well as an Ikea stuff pack coming out towards the end of June.

:blob6:
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2008, 05:39:44 am »

PegasusDiana- yeah maybe the townies and such will grow older etc but not our families...?

Isarah- yeah i know try and appease most people- but how is horrible clothing appeasing most people? i dont knwo of anyone whos like yeah i like the default clothing. if they are going to try and appease most people at least they could stick to jeans and jumpers and shirts- but whats with the plaid and the all in ones?? LOL! you know the best thing about custom hairs is that they are actually believeable- the maxis hair looks like its lego hair- you know one size fits all heads... and it just looks unrealistic.

sorry not ranting at you- more like ranting at maxis!

there should be a movement of less stuff and better quality, stop with the weirdo pigstyle hair and start with a good bob, a shoulder length cut, curls, straight long hair (not one that looks like your a drowned rat) etc!

i am loving the new politics career description! sounds right up my street.

Okay enough of the ranting- i am going proabbly goign to get TS3 - jjust for novelty factor.... but then revert to TS2 when the bugs start appearing and i get bored of no hack no cc play...

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2008, 05:06:52 pm »

Well first off me I am disappointed.I'll have to buy more memory for my computer,it's very somewhat "top secret" where they can't tell us ALL that'll be there specifically what they have,I'm not sure its worth it,my computer will hate me if I get viruses and all these bugs with it,they don't even look half as good as the Sims2 sims do and it seems somewhat weird so I hope this site stays up because I ain't switching over to The Sims 3 until a year or two after its released and as well I think people'd like to say something about how it is so far for them and show us photos unless they took that out too...
I just hope they can still woohoo because the game seems somewhat more real and I hope that there are hospitals and birthing rooms and injuries so that its at least something I can hope on to make it more interesting...

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
Dusty101weir

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2008, 05:10:08 am »

the original sims game which i bought and from that day worshipped was based on their needs and making sure they didn't die and ok after a while it became annoying but that was the challenge of the game.
then there was sims 2, they grew up and had aspirations as well as needs. sure the only interesting age was adult and i got bored before i made it through three generations but the challenge was still making sure that everyone was in a good mood and not about to starve to death. the expansions packs im not a great fan of. i loved the idea of free time because it was focused on your existing sims and not a new location or type of item but after installing it yesterday i remembered why bon voyage got threw out of a window. my game broke, and with it my whole computer.
the sims 3. well lets see
does it contain motives that you need to watch? - urm not really
does it promise not to break my pc when installed? - i wish
does it give any real improvement given that with freetime you can take 3 townie friends into the next age with you? - in my opinion no

sure you can customise your sims bodyshapes without custom meshes and you can change the pattern on chairs and tables and clothes. but that hardly makes up for the fact that you cant run two households at the same time without one household being left to run itself. and what about when the sims in that household have to cook? are they going to feed the children who are unable to fend for themselves OR are they going to let the master chef watch tv while their spouse tries to set the kitchen on fire...
byebye simmies

so am i going to get a dumbed down cross between sims and simcity that has completely changed since the original came out?

no

it's not about whether you win or lose, it's about whether the other team noticed you cheating...
hobo jones and the junkyard dogs  -  support your local hobos
DollyLlama

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2008, 10:41:23 am »

I was excited when I read the news of a Sims 3 but then I realized, I'm still very attached to my Sims 2. And despite having a rocking computer that could actually handle the Sims 3, I do  believe I will boycott The Sims 3. Why? Because did you SEE the "overweight" sim? Holy cow, that's terrible! Its a slap in the face and an insult to anyone that it overweight. One article I read used "fat" and "disgusting" in the same sentence.

And who is this game marketed to? Should a 13 year old be allowed to play a game where a character is either evil or has commitment issues? It seems they are cornerning the more adult market here more than anything.

I'm also wondering how hard it will now be to create custom content and mods for the game? Will EA decide to crush those that create this content for those of us that say, "Poo on your shoes, EA!" by stopping people from creating content that works with the game?

Contest Lover
         Second Place in Miss Wild West
*~*Currently in: Best Bride Spring 2008 w/ Ceridwyn Douglas*~* And Picture Perfect w/ Bronwyn McDougal*~*
Neekie2212

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2008, 01:13:27 pm »

I strongly doubt I will be getting this game.

There is still little/no info on pregnant sims. Will the have bellies --I love the sims 2 bellies-- I love how it progresses. Will the skinny ladies have smaller bellies? Will the big ladies have huge bellies?

I need info darnit!!!

That being said... I won't be getting this unless there are varied belly shapes AND I win the lottery to be able to afford a machine that will run this game smoothly on high settings. Cheesy Not too much to ask, eh?

Laissez les bons temps rouler
[/SIZE]
Jane Dee Sims 2...My site in progress Smiley
Elle78

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2008, 04:11:11 pm »

I already can't wait to play it, I admit.  The concept of being one with the Sim world is just too awesome for me to pass up and wait.  The screenshots look great, like everyone here, I surely hope these aren't just teasers (as we all know we have seen trailers and screens before for Sims 1 and 2 that didn't quite match up with what we saw in the actual game).

However, the screens do look interesting, I love the buildings, the Sims' looks (so far), and even Pleasantville looks pretty beautiful.

I hope they are taking the modding tools seriously.  I know they plan on releasing tools that help us "modders" create stuff, but I bet it'll be the same crappy platform similar to BodyShop and HomeCrafter. Tongue

<3
Elle
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 01, 2008, 04:52:15 pm »

I'm not saying I will buy it. I'm not saying I won't. But like several others here, I WILL wait and see before plunking down my money.

My policy is to wait at least six months to a year before buying a new expansion. Certain expansions have caused a lot of trouble. It seems like sometimes, it takes a long time for EA Games to iron things out. They STILL haven't fully resolved the Suck-u-rom issue in BV, and there are still many experienced, able Sims 2 players trying to figure out how to get their custom content back in FT. I haven't bought those two expansions yet, and tempting though they are, I have no plans to until the problems involved with them are resolved. I don't see that I would act any differently with Sims 3.

I have no desire to be EA's guinea pig, thanks.

And like others here, those faces actually creep me out. I look at my faces and bodies on Sims 2 that came from the hard work of many skintone creators ... Enayla, Helaene, Marvine, BBB, Cordvidophile, JWilson, Warlokk, Louis, Navetsea, Roof Monkey, Garkman and so many others ... and see a rainbow of carefully-created shapes and faces and skin colors that don't nearly compare to the efforts I've seen in Sims 3. In time, I'm sure that SOMEONE will come up with a way to further customize those skins on Sims 3, but I think I'll hold off until I start seeing some signs of that.

And if I can't stop my Sims from aging, that is definitely a turn-off for me. I don't like to age my pixel dollies too much. I LIKE being in control of my Sims' lives, thanks. But once again, I'll see. Perhaps there is a no aging cheat on the new game, too.

I do like the option of my Sims wandering throughout town. But in a way, I don't. When my daughter and I create shopping districts, downtowns, universities, etc., they are of very different character than the main town. The University might be on a desert island. The downtown might be in a valley full of rich soil. The shopping district may have no dirt or grass at all ... just concrete. Can you make your areas that different? I will have to see.

I will be very interested on hearing the initial reports from those of you who opt to buy the game when it comes out, though, so I will probably be lurking around the Sims 3 boards. But actually buying it immediately myself? No, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 04:55:35 pm by gazania » Logged
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 01, 2008, 05:04:15 pm »

I personally depending on what other programs you have on your PC think Securom is the exact issue of many of their problems. Even Sony has a list of programs Securom is not compatible with. EA should have looked into this. I also think it's very arrogant for EA to install something that has complete control over our administrative authority on our PC's without even asking or telling us they were going to do so. What right do they have to give themselves administrative privileges on my PC? So I keep it locked from other's in my household. Yet, people I have no idea who they really are, now have total control over it. People keep saying I have no problems with Securom, it hasn't caused issues for me either.."That I am aware of" Who knows what it's actually done in there, the information it's relayed back to EA/Sony. What programs won't work the next time I try to use them, because they've blocked them by remote access...oh and while I'm ranting here. More secure my buns, it was cracked an up for download within one day of release. People already knew how to hack into it. So all they did was do further harm to their reputation, and harm the players of the game that actually are willing to pay for them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:11:02 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 01, 2008, 05:52:29 pm »

I'm slowly warming up to it but, like others, I'll wait and see what others think to decie whether or not its for me.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: April 01, 2008, 06:07:24 pm »

hello

here is more info on the Sims (**the info is from a French site its say that it might be release in October 2008???) here is the info.

Comme promis, Electronic Arts a profiter DE la journée Du 19 mars pour dévoiler The Sims 3, Le troisième volet DE cette série immensément populaire. Developer par Redwood Shores exclusivement sur PC, cette nouvelle itération sera lancé mondialement quelque part en 2009.

Selon Les dires DE EA, The Sims 3 est en développement depuis trois ans. IL sera propulsé par UN tout nouvel engin qui permettra DE créer UN monde ouvert. Ainsi, Les joueurs pourront maintenant explorer leurs quartiers avec leurs Sims, interagissant Au passage avec d'autres Sims. IL sera aussi possible DE visiter l'Hôtel de ville, les parcs locaux et plusieurs boutiques et restaurants. Quelques escapades au centre-ville seront aussi possibles.

EA promet aussi un tout nouvel interface Create-a-Sim, qui permettra de créer des Sims plus détaillés que jamais. Non seulement sera-t-il possible de choisir la grandeur et la grosseur de ses personnages, vous serez maintenant capable de définir les traits de chaque visage. Tout indique qu'il sera assez simple de recréer votre visage ou encore celui de célébrités connus.

The Sims 3 introduira aussi le Realistic Personality System, qui vous donnera l'occasion d'assigner cinq traits de personnalité à chaque Sim. Ce système aura un impact direct sur le genre de relations que vos Sims entiendront avec les autres. Si le coueur vous en dit, vous serez capable de créer les personnages les plus disfonctionnels ou les plus angéliques qui soient. Enfin, Electronic Arts ajoutera des outils qui serviront à modifier pratiquement tout, que ce soit vos murs, vos fleurs, vos meubles, vos fenêtres et votre terrain extérieur. Vous serez donc un véritable architecture pour ensuite vous transformer en designer d'intérieur.

Pour en savoir davantage et pour voir les premières images, cliquez sur le lien suivant.

Electronic Arts vient tout juste de lancer une page officielle pour The Sims 3, le prochain volet de la série immensément populaire. Le site en question indique que les premiers détails sur le jeu seront dévoilés le 19 mars prochain. The Sims 3 avait été mentionné pour la première fois il y a deux ans. EA avait alors prévu lancer le jeu entre le 1 avril 2008 et le 31 mars 2009. Tout indique que ce calendrier sera respecté. Nous vous tiendrons au courant.

i am sorry if the info is in french but i hope its helps you.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 01, 2008, 07:15:40 pm »

Translated as good as I could get it. Thank you Pierre for the new information.

As promised, Electronic Arts took advantage of the day on March 19 to unveil Sims 3, the third part of this hugely popular series. Developed by Redwood Shores exclusively on the PC, this new iteration will be launched worldwide sometime in 2009.

According to EA, Sims 3 has been in development for three years. IT will be powered by a brand new engine that will create AN open world. Thus, players will now be able to explore their neighborhoods with their Sims, new ways of interacting with other Sims. It will also be possible visit City Hall, parks and several local shops and restaurants. Some escapades in the city centre will also be possible.

EA also promises a whole new interface with Create-a-Sim, which will create Sims more detailed than ever. Not only will it be possible to choose the size of your characters, you are now able to define the features of each face. All indications are that it will be fairly easy to recreate your face or that of known celebrities.

The Sims 3 also introduce the Realistic Personality System, which will give you the opportunity to assign five personality traits to each Sim. This system will have a direct impact on the kind of relationships that your Sims entiendront?(unsure what this word is, at all) with others. If the coueur?(possibly heart??? your heart??) tells you you should be able to create the most disfunctional or more that are angelic. Finally, Electronic Arts will add tools to change virtually everything, whether your walls, your flowers, your furniture, your windows and outside your field. You get real architecture, and then you turn it into interior designer.

For more information and to see the first images, click on the link below.

Electronic Arts has just launched an official page for The Sims 3, the next part of the hugely popular series. The site in question said that the first details about the game will be announced on March 19. The Sims 3 had been mentioned for the first time two years ago. EA had planned to launch the game between April 1, 2008 and March 31, 2009. All indications are that this timetable will be respected. We will keep you posted.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:34:48 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: