Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:51:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 159882 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2008, 07:38:25 am »

why in some way am i remeinded if the song- if you buy this record your life will be better...by tampa?

EA- prob going to use for their sound track for TS3 - with the word game- replacing record.....

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2008, 09:56:02 am »

Well I posted a question on the TS2 forums in hopes that one of the maxoids would give some indication as to what things are rumor and what things are real, So far I have gotten a bunch of "I heard that (yadda yadda yadda)" from fans but nothing "concrete" from any of the Maxoids.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2008, 10:44:29 am »

I'm still disappointed in the...my sims are going to continue on with their lives even when I'm playing another family. I know broken record. lol But I know I'll get it, no sense in even trying to deny it, but if that is how it goes...I won't be buying any EP's or anything else that goes with it. I'm not really hung up on the CC thing. I never used CC at all for Sims 1. I have for Sims 2, but I'd really like to be able to play the game without all the CC and just the bare minimum which I think I can do in Sims 3 again. Oh well, blah, blah, blah.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
GossipGirl.

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2008, 10:59:05 am »

If you can't make custom clothes, then I'm screwed. I play the Sims 2 , and fashion and clothing play a BIG part of my fun.

I like meshing, and I'll be pretty gutted if CC is totally scrapped. There will be not much point playing with Sims that you don't like the look of, or clothes you don't want them wearing.

However, the changable shoes are VERY appealing to me, I've wanted this for ages!

And have you guys heard anything about the hairs? Just curious.

Cheesy

Don't look so sad, Little J. The sun will come out tomorrow, even if your boyfriend did today. You know you love me,
XOXO Gossip Girl.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2008, 11:50:03 am »

Quote from: ~Swannyswish;1200022

And have you guys heard anything about the hairs? Just curious.

According to some sites, the hair wil flow even more naturally..."like a conditioner commercial" one site put. As far as hair STYLES and the ability to create thereof, I have heard nothing.

I do think that we're all (including myself) getting ladders in our tights over very little right now. EA/Maxis hasn't released anything truly specific as to what can be customized or not. Also we have about a year before the game comes out.

praxis22
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2008, 05:58:53 pm »

I have a simple faith that people are bloody minded and smart enough to crack and decode whatever obstacles EA place in their path. People hacked the Xbox, and the 360, as well as creating custom content, and applications for the sims2 which was supposed to be a money sink. I've no doubt the same will happen to sims3. Better this way, if they provided us with tools we'd be hobbled by them.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2008, 10:38:57 pm »

Praxis, that is true in many ways, I hope your wisdom bears fruit

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
fatimatillah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2008, 04:25:21 am »

To Mr. Beos (I'm putting mister because you're older... Just respecting adults! Cheesy): No, I haven't met Rod Humble. (Oh, and the "cure cancer" thing that you said was REAALLLYY funny!! It reminded me of something like this: "Chuck Norris' tears can cure cancer. Too bad he doesn't cry." ROTFL!) I don't even know that a guy named "Rod Humble" existed...(His surname is "Humble" but the way you described him made him sound not so humble...) If he really sells/sold TS2 that way, is it possible that he'll be the "advertiser" in this dialog?:

Advertiser: To all you bald people out there, buy TS2 and all its EPs and you'll grow all the hair you want, where you want! Even at unsuspecting places! To all you old people, you'll get younger once you jam TS2 into your mouth! And to all you "untouched" people! If you buy all TS2 merchandise, you'll be straddled into bed with the person/people of your dreams once you play TS2! You'll be so happy that you would want to marry me! Please, buy TS2, NOW! *one thumb up, the other thumb in his @$$/rear/butt*

Is it like the dialog (except for the thumb thing), or did I exaggerate too much? Or maybe, the dialog is too humble for him? Oh, and the way that you described him... Urgh! Its like, he's had training on being a door-to-door salesman. Maybe that was his former occupation...  

And to praxis22, I hope what you are saying could really be done. And you're a really positive thinker. But in case this could be done, I hope no one will get in trouble for making TS3 "too much fun". Wait... I think EA should be thanking the creators here and all the other sites. I mean, no one will play TS2 that much if it weren't for the CCs, right? And now, I/we can call EA ungrateful...

I Cats!!! :cat: <(^_^)>
maniac19642003
« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2008, 06:03:15 pm »

From snootysims:

1Up posted a small article in which executive producer Ben Bell answers questions from community members. I must say it's a very disappointing article; Only 5 questions were answered and not even very interesting ones, like "can you still remove the pool ladder".
Well check it out yourself here: 1Up Q and A
_cactus_

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: April 08, 2008, 07:06:37 am »

hi u all again,there is a new thesims3 information central,click here

*Please note, your signature may be no wider than 250 pixels and no higher than 50 pixels*
Siminatic

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 08, 2008, 08:42:36 am »

I won't be buying the Sims 3.My computer won't run it,I don't even need to see the system specs,I know it won't run on my system.Even if I did have a fab system with everything under the sun packed into it I still don't think I would buy it.Why?because even after so many years of playing TS2 I am still absolutely besotted with the game.I love the way my sims look,I love the building options and OMG I love the CC and hacks I have in game.To me,TS2 is everything I could ever ask for in a game and I can see myself playing it for many years to come.
It's the same thing with Sim City 4.....Sim City Societies is mere shadow of SC4 and will never be as good(in my opinion)
Someone mentioned that they didn't think many TS2 players would be able to play TS3 because the system requirements will likely be out of reach for many players and I think that is 100% accurate.Not all of us have a computer capable of launching the space shuttle.EA should continue to improve on TS2 and release more stuff packs instead of rushing to release TS3 just yet.

If a kid asks where rain comes from,I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying."And if he asks why God is crying,another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did"Jack Handey
maniac19642003
« Reply #251 on: April 08, 2008, 02:53:15 pm »

Before Maxis even started the development of The Sims 3, they made several (2D) prototypes to explore the principles of The Sims - Simulating a town, how the player interacts with the characters, etc. Gamesindustry.biz has now posted a huge article on these prototypes.
Read it here: Gamesindustry.biz
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 08, 2008, 04:28:53 pm »

With everyone speculating on how good or bad TS3 is going to be, it begs the question:
How do you know? The game is not going to be out for a year (as of yesterday). So, how will you really know if it's going to be good or bad?
I think that we all need to just "chill out" and see what happens, when it happens. Just remember, the only constant in the universe is change. The Sims franchise is no different.

CrossCountry

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2008, 04:50:03 pm »

I've read an interview with TS3 creators - sorry, I can't find the link where I read it - and they released A TON of info on the game.

Apparently, the theme is going to be based around a Civilization, where things that you do can affect masses as big as the entire town, or even future generations.
When you play with one sim, time doesn't stop for any of the others in the town. They age and interact with the environment just like the specific sim you play with does.
You have the ability to walk through town, and go from the farthest edge of the city limits to the opposite side without once hitting a loading screen.
Many of the annoying Wants/Needs bars are said to be removed (Fun, Comfort and Enviornment to name a few) and the ones still present will deteriorate a slower pace, and will not take over the game.
You have many more sim options (appearance and personality wise).
Sims can have a wide range of body types - Fat, pudgy, muscular, stick skinny, or average as just a few of the sizes.
Personalities are based off choosing 3 out of 80 some aspects to an individual, which would add up to... lol a very large number.

Yeah, I know what you mean by "who can really know". But they can't be doing too much changing by now, because a year is nothing compared to the time it will take to put together finishing touches, work out bugs, advertise the game, and bring more previews to the public.

Joe Walsh. The Next President of the United States.
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2008, 05:37:57 pm »

Quote from: CrossCountry;1205406
work out bugs

Oh, please, warn people before you're going to say things like that.  At the thought of EA working out bugs BEFORE they ship the games, I laughed until I nearly choked.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: