Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:15:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158092 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: May 05, 2008, 08:05:23 pm »

What's even sadder is how naive EA thinks all of us are... :roll:  Sure, there's a few people out there that are definitely sheep in the equation, but gosh... would've been a bit more convincing if that little detail on registration time wasn't obvious.  :lol:  Either way, we're all going to need some hard proof that EA listens to the important aspects... mainly in the amount of bugs, buggy patches, and security program choices.  I'm never going to let it go until they at least make more of an attempt to NOT mess up everyone's games even more than they already were/weren't.  :?

kacidama

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2008, 02:32:51 am »

There is a survey about Sims2.com here and I would urge you all to complete it - don't worry you don't have to go to the official site to do it

There is also a *suggest how we can improve the site* box so tell them - I gave most of the questions a 1 or 2 response but then the bbs makes my eyes bleed so I tend to avoid the official site as much as possible.

Money can't buy you happiness but it makes being miserable more comfortable
maniac19642003
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2008, 06:45:33 pm »

President of The Sims label, Nancy Smith, had an interview with the BBC. Here she talks about the Sims in general but also about the closing of Sims Online and The Sims 3. She tells for example, that there are 350 people currently working on The Sims 3!
Read it here: Nancy Smith interview
DEVOTEDSHERPER

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2008, 08:02:06 pm »

Thanks dude that was tight
simdude

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2008, 12:59:39 am »

Quote from: AlbinoBambi;1234204
We don't know, nobody (except EA-people) has any idea what the computer requirements will be, so we don't know what kind of a computer or laptop you need either.
You'll have to wait on more info, if you want to know that. :/

Octo-Core, 5.0 Ghz - processor
6-way SLI/Crossfire up to 2048 VRAM - graphic card
8 Gb, DDR5 - memory
1000 Gb HDD - for additional custom content and bug fixes

Oh... and that would require a 2500 W power supply source right ?
And a helicopter propeller for the cooling part.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: May 09, 2008, 01:08:39 am »

^^ :rofl:  :laugh:

Good one!  Kinda wish there was such a thing... :lol:

suanni

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 09, 2008, 06:16:11 am »

I wonder if the new too EA has released, virtual me is the fore-runner of the body shop for TS3. If it is, the characters are UGLY.
I like a lot of the ideas for TS3 but I'm not buying until they take out the bugs and there's some ability of customisation. I also read somewhere that there's going to be no life stages in TS3. If that's true I won't be buying it cos I like the being able to go from cradle to grave.
Agree there's so much that can be done with TS2. Next expansion pack is to be apartments....that I really like the idea of.
Anyway I haven't got my play out of TS2 yet
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2008, 07:09:32 am »

For all of those who are thinking of buying Sims 3, there is a new problem that has become public just recently:
It has been announced that Spore and Mass Effect will have a new version of Securom on them that will require repeated validation via the Internet for all users. If not re-validated in a certain time period, the game you purchased will no longer work on your computer. This validation will be required every 10 days in order for you to use the game.
Read more about this from this site:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/83689-Mass-Effect-Spore-To-Use-Recurring-Validation

Please note that one paragraph states that this software will be on all future releases of any game that is released by EA..and that means the Sims3 will have it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:11:58 am by MaryH » Logged

MacJake

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2008, 11:11:19 am »

EA seems to be intent on making gameplay as complicated and labourous as possible. Even a perfectly legal copy, bought and paid for, is not enough anymore. Do you trust them, they apparently don't trust you. Protecting their property is one thing, coming into your home to do it, is something entirely different. At least inform yourselves, then make your own decision. It's your game, it's your computer, you decide what you want on it, and how much overseeing you're willing to accept. You might want to check out this site.
securom.mustbedestroyed
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:17:21 am by kenmtl » Logged

securom.NOT

accompanied by lots of sword waving and whatnot
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2008, 12:28:49 pm »

We do not welcome our new securom overlords...

Chief:  "What're we gonna do, Capt?"
Starbuck:  "Fight 'em 'til we can't."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:31:29 pm by YANFRForm » Logged
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: May 09, 2008, 05:24:46 pm »

ok so heres what I know:
There will be teenagers.There might be preteens or middle age.There will be babies,toddlers,children,adults and elders.Young Adults haven't been confirmed yet.You might be able to have your sims take their work home with them/whatever they need to do that was broken at work they'll do at home.You won't have other people coming into your game (you don't have the option to go into someone elses game and no one has the option to come into yours because EA knows it will mess everyones game up)

We will be able to go into other houses.Our sims can walk/run to work.You will only have 1 neighborhood loaded with 90 lots each house loaded with a family and you won't be able to create any other neighborhoods.

There will be: clothing stores,resturants,Cafe's,Movie Theaters,Bookstores hospitals,parks,science centers,Job Sites,Grocery stores,School and a town hall.

It will be released on December 15th 2009 (not confirmed if it'll stay that way)

All the body shapes & facial structures will be in there as everyone knows.In Create-A-Sim we will be able to adjust height of a sim:short,medium and tall.

The traits:There will be 52!

If you need more info try and visit the sims 3 site or http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3166817

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
simdude

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2008, 01:32:50 am »

Quote from: MaryH;1238879
For all of those who are thinking of buying Sims 3, there is a new problem that has become public just recently:
It has been announced that Spore and Mass Effect will have a new version of Securom on them that will require repeated validation via the Internet for all users. If not re-validated in a certain time period, the game you purchased will no longer work on your computer. This validation will be required every 10 days in order for you to use the game.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/83689-Mass-Effect-Spore-To-Use-Recurring-Validation

Please note that one paragraph states that this software will be on all future releases of any game that is released by EA..and that means the Sims3 will have it.

That's a very bad thing. I don't have an internet connection on my gaming computer, I use a laptop to get on the net. So, I won't buy any software I can't use. Damn shame, as I was really looking forward to Spore and Sims3.

I have a   Core 2 Duo T7100, 1.8Ghz/GeForce 8600M GT-Turbo Cache/2Gb DDR2   laptop and these new games (Spore, Sims 3) won't work on it. I don't intend to either get another much more expensive, top of the line laptop, or turn my gaming PC into virus bait, just to please EA.

What's next ?
-Windows that won't start unless you're connected to the internet ?
-Can't open the Recycle Bin because you're not connected ?
-You haven't re-validated in the last 5 hours so Control Panel will be disabled until you do so ?
-No modem has been detected on your machine, Windows will now shut down and call the police !

This is stupid guys ! They're not discouraging counterfiters, they're chasing away customers.
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 10, 2008, 06:39:12 am »

Relax SimDude, if there's no modem on your machine, Windows can't call the police!  Cheesy  LOL!

Other than that, I agree with everything you said!

Well, actually, "Windows that won't start unless you're connected to the internet" - seems like we already have that (on the initial startup/install of Windows).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 06:40:53 am by YANFRForm » Logged
kacidama

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2008, 05:58:36 am »

Quote from: MaryH;1238879

It appears EA have backed down on the 10 day revalidation issue and authentication will only occur when a patch or other content is downloaded Kotaku.com

Money can't buy you happiness but it makes being miserable more comfortable
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 11, 2008, 06:09:26 am »

The more I read the more its putting me off

and whether my computer can handle both games is a problem too ?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: