Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:14:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158051 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
jott

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2008, 02:20:14 pm »

I'm just not sure what I'm going to do when Sims 3 comeso out... For sure, I'm upset about it but at the same time I'm a little excited. I just keep thinking back to when Sims 2 came out and suddenly having all of my Sims 1 games (and I had them all, too) suddenly rendered useless. At the time, though, I didn't care because of how great Sims 2 turned out to be. I just can't think of anything more I'd want from a game so I don't know what Sims 3 could possible do for me... I have every single EP and SP for Sims 2 so I guess I'll be in the same boat when Sims 3 comes out... I just hope it proves to be the same type of difference though I really doubt it...

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts... :shh:
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2008, 02:49:58 pm »

I'm very happy/upset.I like the ideas but hey like everyone said they could just be adding some extra stuff to have us be so stupid to buy it & then be upset after we wasted our money on such junk.I've spend a lot of money for the game & for everything I wanted for it.I don't want any of my favorite creators to quit because they can't deal with Sims 3 anymore.If they don't allow CC I know that they wouldn't do that because its bad business but I could be wrong because they never think about us.

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
maniac19642003
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2008, 07:30:18 pm »

I wont get ts3 for awhile, I've only had this pc now for less than 2 years as it is so I wont get it just yet. I'm still trying to get ts2 back on my pc yet as well then hopefully getting freetime once everything else is in.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2008, 07:57:17 pm »

True, I was one of "those" Sims 1 players who said "Never!". Dumb. But I am not totally stupid, either. I realized a long time ago what my computer is capable of, and I can't afford to upgrade it very much beyond some extra RAM. I certainly cannot afford a brand new top of the line anything; in fact, I started playing Sims 2 on a reworked computer the hubby built for me, without any Nvidia card, or any special graphics card!
 This computer is the better of the two, but it has its' limitations and I don't believe in throwing money out the door. I'll stick to what I have and no more until EAxis proves beyond a shadow of a doubt to me that they have a true winner in Sims 3 without a massive upgrade and a better playing experience.
I don't like being made into a beta tester for some company!

BamaBabydoll

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2008, 09:18:14 am »

Back in the day, when all we had was Sims, I played it religiously and faithfully.  I was excited when they released Sims2 and bought it the day it was released.  I have all exp and stuff packs and still play it a lot.  For some reason, I am not excited or ready for a new sims, I guess I will have to reserve my opinion when I actually SEE where they are going.  And a big question is, will it be Vista friendly?
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2008, 10:32:39 am »

I've still XP
this game will work also for XP?
I think the game will be created just for vista

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2008, 03:10:13 pm »

I was trying to find other Sims 2 sites and ran across this link for information on the Sims 3. I don't know how truthful it is, but I am skeptic. Take a look for yourself. Kinda interesting. Cheesy

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2008, 03:16:46 pm »

I'm speechless

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
clcny20

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2008, 03:30:11 pm »

Dammit...stop making me want to give in to it!  I just think it's way too soon!

If you cannot accept me at my worst, then you do not deserve to know me at my best :happy8:
Baytor

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2008, 03:42:39 pm »

Quote from: Tigress74
The above statement looks like what they did to Simcity with Simcity Societies. They dumb it down so you don't have to micro manage. Which I guess they haven't realized yet resulted in an epic failure. I'd really hate to see EA do the same thing to the Sims. We don't need the Sims dumbed down. We want more involvement in sim's lives.

Yeah, I'm kinda half-expecting a collection of minigames wrapped around a half-assed dating sim. Don't get me wrong, I don't have nearly enough information to actually make up my mind yet, but I'm not much of an optimist in general and statements like that really do sound worrying. The moment I hear "MULTIPLATFORM", I'm officially out.

Quote from: Ben Bell
I can even shoot across town to see what the other families in my town are doing, any time of day or night. It’s an entirely new way to play with your Sims!

It also sounds like an entirely new way to screw up the families you're not actively playing. "Oh look, I can see my Self-Sim from here... and he's burning to death!" Wink

By the way, I think all the XP users, who fear not being able to play it, should just calm down a bit. It's highly unlikely that The Sims 3 will be a DirectX10/Windows Vista exclusive title. Maybe it comes with a few gimmicky DX10 features that XP users will have to live without, but I'm sure it'll be at least compatible. "Completely seamless, living neighbourhood" does translate to "Get a new computer", though.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2008, 04:03:15 pm »

I was a faithful Sims 1 player, especially when I found out about CC. That happened late in the game, but made the game soooo exciting. When the Sims 2 came out, I was so excited, I stood in line in the rain @ midnight to get my copy. Even bought a new computer for it.  I am totally into my Sims 2 characters and love this game more. However, I will have to draw the line with the sims 3.  I cannot afford to buy another computer if this one doesn't play it, I am disabled now, so I live out of a fixed income. It would be nice if I could be excited about the Sims 3, and I still don't believe all the features they say will come with the new franchise. Skeptic!!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2008, 04:24:39 pm »

There is one thing that nobody has noticed or cared to mention: the fact that due to a contract with Sony to carry it, the Sims 3 will undoubtedly have Securom on it-making it unplayable for a lot of people or just disabling the game for most. I think the problems that many people are having with FT is due solely to this fact, and the expectation that EAxis will drop it for the Sims 3 is sorely over-optimistic.
That fact alone will kill the game for me. I will not destroy my system for that. Despite some who say that it does not affect their systems after installing the EP's with it, I don't trust it, and I will not allow it on my system.
Anyone care to disagree with my assumption?

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2008, 05:43:05 pm »

Sims have traits, not 'values'. You choose personal-ad style descriptions, like 'evil', 'playful' or 'paranoid'. "Developing your characters," Rod says, "is now about picking how you'd describe them rather than moving sliders".
You can create morbidly obese Sims! New 'weight' and 'muscle' sliders allow for some truly impressive - or disgusting - creations.
Finally, in a step that echoes Spore, you'll be able to upload  your created Sim family to the Sims 3 website, and then other gamers can put your creations into their own neighbourhoods. But there's no multiplayer.

These are the three things that locked it in for me when I saw the video. I won't need to join a million forums. lol Won't have to go on a hunt for CC. I can really customize my sims from the inside out, inlcuding muscle mass. On the video it also showed hair growth, short or as long as you want also; you decide. Another biggy for me. Plus the fact they know what is socially acceptable and not. Yet you can still make the pigs. lol I'll definately be getting it. May be disappointed once I do, but I'll get it. Also getting Spore Wink
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 05:46:53 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2008, 06:08:31 pm »

May I ask, what video?

mysticgoddess

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2008, 06:13:11 pm »

Wow i can't wait for this one!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: