Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:45:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158038 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Baytor

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2008, 06:20:46 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana
I won't need to join a million forums. lol Won't have to go on a hunt for CC.

What makes you think that? To me, this just sounds like an expanded version of the Exchange. There will still be thousands of creators putting their stuff on alternative sites, especially those who make content deemed "inappropriate" by EA. I'm sure the integrated mod tools will be awfully limited, too. I mean, EA wouldn't want to make stuff packs obsolete.

In all honesty, none of those features sound all that appealing to me, except for the inclusion of weight and moods. The rest just sounds like "We removed gameplay in favour of accessibility, because The Sims 2 was obviously such an obscure, overly complicated niche title that only a tiny percentage of hardcore gamers could get any enjoyment out of it. We also made the interface Wiimote compatible."
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 06:49:12 pm »

I will buy the sims3 Games as soon as itg comes out in stores that will difinetly be a great Game looking forward to buy the sims3 Game it the first item on my list of Game to Buy Thank you very much for the info:blob6::worship::worship::worship::worship::jaw::jaw::jaw::wav::wav::wav::wav::lol::lol::lol:

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2008, 08:17:41 pm »

Quote from: Baytor;1168301
What makes you think that? To me, this just sounds like an expanded version of the Exchange. There will still be thousands of creators putting their stuff on alternative sites, especially those who make content deemed "inappropriate" by EA. I'm sure the integrated mod tools will be awfully limited, too. I mean, EA wouldn't want to make stuff packs obsolete.

In all honesty, none of those features sound all that appealing to me, except for the inclusion of weight and moods. The rest just sounds like "We removed gameplay in favour of accessibility, because The Sims 2 was obviously such an obscure, overly complicated niche title that only a tiny percentage of hardcore gamers could get any enjoyment out of it. We also made the interface Wiimote compatible."

To answer this honestly would require a big long rant I'm sure you nor anyone else wants to hear or read. Wink But I will say I played the sims 1 with 0 downloads and I really enjoyed it. EA hasn't soured me against the Sims. For the most part it's been the community for me, and not the whole community. I'll leave it at that. If I can play the Sims 3 vanilla and be happy again with the game that's good enough for me.

Quote from: lewisb40;1168275
May I ask, what video?

You can't see it anymore, but there was actually two video's that have mysteriously disappeared now on the Sims 3 from the Gamer's Conference in San Francisco. I linked to one on Beos's thread. Now when you click on the link you get a blank page. One from Mr. Evans and one from Mr. Humble. I missed Mr. Humble's, but I got to see Mr. Evans. I'm getting Sims 3. Wink It won't surprise me if that's not the first video they post on the new Sims 3 site for March 19.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Baytor

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2008, 08:42:44 pm »

But I will say I played the sims 1 with 0 downloads and I really enjoyed it. EA hasn't soured me against the Sims.
---
If I can play the Sims 3 vanilla and be happy again with the game that's good enough for me.

I see. I was just asking, because your "hunting for CC" comment made it sound like that's what you're primarily interested in.

I wasn't trying to bash EA with my comment either. I just don't think any modding community could actually benefit from such a centralized exchange service controlled exclusively by the IP owner, whose main interest isn't to provide a great platform for creative people to share their free quality content, but to have a cheap promotional gimmick to make the actual line of products sell better.

I'm less bitter than it sounds, by the way Wink
digni7y

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2008, 09:12:44 pm »

Feeding Sims is now simpler, and less likely to end with them huddled over a plate in the middle of the floor. If they're hungry, a message will tell you so, complete with a simple "Click here to feed him". (Which clearly clearly still leaves room for some enforced starvation fun)

That sounds absolutely stupid. Unless they can go themselves to the fridge and feed themselves, I'm not clicking on any messages. Because EAXis would somehow make it turn into a thing every 30 seconds. "FEED HIM FEED HIM FEED HIM FEED HIM"

It sounds good and nice and pretty but I am angry as hell with the BV SecuROM fiasco and the fact that I have to now buy H&M stuff BEFORE I reinstall the whole flapping shebang because it's not working right.  Give more money to those idiots when they screwed up my game? No, I'm done. I will risk the trojans, the worms, the viruses and the yuck because I will pirate the thing. Bring it on, baby.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 09:19:45 pm by digni7y » Logged

*Digni7y's Sims*

Like my cat icon? It's available at Sushi Cat!
HB_princessakasha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2008, 11:37:40 pm »

honestly some of the stuff sounds interesting but i bet it wont be as exciting when it finally comes out. jus like the Sims 2 had big hype, i mean yes it brought ALOT of new things but after a few expansion packs and CC it was like "what was the hype about again?"

don't get me wrong, im hellva' excited about sims 3, i'll prolly get a traffic ticket speeding to get to gamestop to buy it. but i doubt alot of the stuff that their makin all wowy will be all that...wow when we play it.

the whole feeding thing is stupid, and them making it 'easier' will probably be stupid too. BUT! i am excited that you get to choose different shoes with outfits and i heard about the hair growth thing too, that sounds cool. the whole neighborhood thing sounds find and dandy but i think its gonna murder some graphic cards. but ya'know, with all this good news comes bad news somewhere *sigh* they'll prolly take out most of the fun stuff that made sims 2 enjoyable. and add all this spanky 'new' stuff.

BUT HEY! Im still excited about the whole shoe thing! LMAO

"I'd like to depart this world the way I arrived. Screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Keisha // Snoppy
Lunarbunny0086
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2008, 12:56:39 am »

Quote from: HB_princessakasha;1168614
honestly some of the stuff sounds interesting but i bet it wont be as exciting when it finally comes out. jus like the Sims 2 had big hype, i mean yes it brought ALOT of new things but after a few expansion packs and CC it was like "what was the hype about again?"

don't get me wrong, im hellva' excited about sims 3, i'll prolly get a traffic ticket speeding to get to gamestop to buy it. but i doubt alot of the stuff that their makin all wowy will be all that...wow when we play it.

the whole feeding thing is stupid, and them making it 'easier' will probably be stupid too. BUT! i am excited that you get to choose different shoes with outfits and i heard about the hair growth thing too, that sounds cool. the whole neighborhood thing sounds find and dandy but i think its gonna murder some graphic cards. but ya'know, with all this good news comes bad news somewhere *sigh* they'll prolly take out most of the fun stuff that made sims 2 enjoyable. and add all this spanky 'new' stuff.

BUT HEY! Im still excited about the whole shoe thing! LMAO

i agree. the hair growth sounds really cool and the fact that you can really pick wither or not there fat or uber skinny is awesome but i doubt its going to be as wow as there going to make it out to seem >.>....but we can always hope :happy4:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:59:58 am by Lunarbunny0086 » Logged
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2008, 06:30:56 am »

Quote from: BamaBabydoll;1167444
.  For some reason, I am not excited or ready for a new sims, I guess I will have to reserve my opinion when I actually SEE where they are going.  

That's exactly how I'm feeling about it. From what I've seen Sims 3 doesn't look like a huge leap from Sims 2. Unless Maxis can come up with something radically new and amazing then it's not going to impress.

So much has been done with Sims 2 already that unless Sims 3 comes with a virtual headset and can go online (for free, none of that sims 1 online cashcow disgustingness) then I'm not going to be impressed. Wink

And if you think the epic failure I talked about in my previous post couldn't happen, just take a look at the way EA tried to go with simcity and how it flopped.

SmileySmileySmileySmiley edited for happy faces. LOL SmileySmileySmileySmiley
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 06:34:02 am by Dizzymental » Logged
Baytor

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2008, 07:22:40 am »

Quote from: Dizzymental
So much has been done with Sims 2 already that unless Sims 3 comes with a virtual headset and can go online (for free, none of that sims 1 online cashcow disgustingness) then I'm not going to be impressed.

Not trying to badmouth your wishes for the sequel, but I hope they don't waste time implementing a multiplayer mode at all. It would be like Second Life, a watered-down 3D chat client posing as a game.

I just can't think of a way how The Sims could offer an enticing multiplayer experience. I guess you could "share" your neighbourhood, by inviting people online to watch you play the game, but why the hell would anyone want that? I could also imagine some sort of co-op mode, like a persistent household, with a few Sims living in it, each controlled by a different player, but unless you're interacting with NPCs, there's no real long-term appeal to that either, as proven by that dreadful The Sims Online. Besides, I assume TS3 will once again employ RTwP gameplay mechanics, which are just not meant to be experienced by more than one player at a time.
clcny20

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2008, 08:07:02 am »

"It also sounds like an entirely new way to screw up the families you're not actively playing. "Oh look, I can see my Self-Sim from here... and he's burning to death!" "

This made me piss my pants laughing.  Thanks for the early morning chuckle.  Could you imagine though?  I'd be so angry.

If you cannot accept me at my worst, then you do not deserve to know me at my best :happy8:
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2008, 01:38:33 pm »

Quote from: Dizzymental;1168815
That's exactly how I'm feeling about it. From what I've seen Sims 3 doesn't look like a huge leap from Sims 2. Unless Maxis can come up with something radically new and amazing then it's not going to impress.

So much has been done with Sims 2 already that unless Sims 3 comes with a virtual headset and can go online (for free, none of that sims 1 online cashcow disgustingness) then I'm not going to be impressed. Wink

And if you think the epic failure I talked about in my previous post couldn't happen, just take a look at the way EA tried to go with simcity and how it flopped.

Sim City Societies has sold more than 7 million copies. It is still listed as one of the top 20 selling game titles. Sims isn't even on there, nor has it been since Season's. Now with Freetime it might return to the top 20. But SCS has been on the chart since Nov. You have people who complain, and people who love it. Same as with the Sims. But I wouldn't call a game that sells 7 million copies an epic failure, especially with all the negative publicity it got. The thing is there was a whole new batch of players that had never played Sim City so it was new to them, and they loved it. I've said too many times to count, word of mouth is better and travels further then any publicity or gimicks. A lot of people are compaining about Securom. Myself included. I don't like invasive things spying on me and my computer. Able to control my computer from a remote location. Yet, Walmart has sold out of Freetime 3 times online now since it's release. Why would EA listen, with sales like that? Securom hasn't hurt their sales at all. The way you described the game sounds like a game called Second Life that you can play online. You might want to try it. Some people love it, and some people hate it. Reminds me of Sims 1. So, I'm not even interested. To me that would be regressing back to Sims Online, or Sims 1, not progressing to make the game more enjoyable. Now if they want to do it like Spore where you make CC and it's snagged and put into the Netherworld for other's to download. Fine by me. But I don't want a Multi-player platform.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2008, 02:05:52 pm »

Quote from: HB_princessakasha;1168614
the whole feeding thing is stupid, and them making it 'easier' will probably be stupid too. BUT! i am excited that you get to choose different shoes with outfits and i heard about the hair growth thing too, that sounds cool.

The whole feeding is set up like that because your Sims don't just click on the phone and buy groceries like in Sims 2, if I'm understanding this correctly. They have to actually shop. I want to make quiche. Ok I need to buy Spinach leaves, eggs, and milk, etc. They can also grow crops that help them to learn more recipies. So now when you click on a sim it won't be like Omlette's, pancakes. It will be like go to fridge and depending on how much they know. I want an omlette, so I need eggs and what are you going to use in your omlette? Bacon, green onions....Now I don't know if those are the exact options. Wink I'm just using it as an example based on the description. I really like the choose your own shoes options also, and the growing hair. But, I really like that they'll know what's socially acceptable. How many time you went to someone's house you don't know and just started cooking and eating all their food? First time I saw that, I was like excuse me. This Sim doesn't have enough money to feed their own family. Now they have four more mouths to feed? What's wrong with you people? lol

-Luciano de Crescenzo
Baytor

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2008, 02:35:47 pm »

Sim City Societies has sold more than 7 million copies. It is still listed as one of the top 20 selling game titles.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get those numbers?
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2008, 03:29:49 pm »

Ok I removed all the blah, blah, blah. Quotes, etc...So never mind what the websites are saying. I went straight to the horse.
Added:
Ok I just called EA. Which I don't mind since they're right here. They told me they can't give me an accurate number, those numbers are released with the investors reports. But, they can tell me it's up in the millions. Oh, and he laughed when I asked him if EA would consider Sim City Societies an epic failure. He said not hardly, it's one of the more popular Sims titles.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 04:23:07 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
Baytor

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2008, 04:02:10 pm »

Thanks for your effort. It just seems very odd to me that SimCity Societies would have managed to be almost on par with Halo 3 (8.1 million) and even outsell Call of Duty 4 (7 million). It's not that I think you are making this up, but I'm sure those numbers are fabricated. I mean, 7 million for a PC exclusive would be spectacular.

I couldn't find sources of those exact quotes either, but maybe you just paraphrased them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: