Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:00:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158043 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 09:07:57 am »

its hard to tell if I am going to buy sims 3. I put way too much time into sims 2 to let them go... but I wait until I see screenshots and features I see of sims 3... I know I always said I wouldn leave my sims 1... and havent played it since sims 2 came out ! LOL

Check my sims out!
~Angel~

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 09:19:22 am »

I am seriously considering getting it. As the months go on, we will get more and more information and closer to the release dates screenshots and more vids. I will base my decision on stuff closer to the time. I do love The Sims 2, but I was just like this when it was released. I loved The Sims 1, and then 2 was released, and I loved that just as much.

~Mum to beautiful Ella Rose Isherwood,
              Born 21/10/08~
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 09:33:41 am »

did anyone have their sims 2 play sims 3 (you can get that option in free time)? I took the time to watch my sims computer screen while he was playing, and could see that they were able to even chose which shoes their sim can wear with his outfit etc.

does anyone else imagine sims 3 to be the way it is when the sims 2 play it???

Check my sims out!
mchaos

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 01:03:06 pm »

If I can run it on my current computer, with maybe an updated video card or some other improvement, I will buy it.  I won't buy it if I need an entirely new computer, or Vista to run it.  My computer is a two year old middle range Alienware with lots of added RAM.  My Sims 2 runs great on it.
That said, I'm looking forward to more info.

My sims, online.  Always under construction, and not very impressive anyway.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
maniac19642003
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 04:28:28 pm »

Ben Bell, Executive Producer for Sims 3, sent the first info mail about the Sims 3. In this mail, he talks about the seamless neighborhood, the new Create-A-Sim and about the upcoming Sims 3 website.
Read the mail here: Sims 3 mail 1.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 05:00:16 pm »

From that newsletter, there is one line that should strike a very cold chill into anyone who makes CC for the Sims:
"What is really exciting is that you won’t need developer tools to make big visual changes to the game".
Does that mean there will be no need of CC, or Insim, Simpe?
Or does it mean they're just bluffing and saying this to stake out their claim to CC before the game is released?
Either way, they're betting a lot of money on something that they say is going to be a vast improvement on the Sims 2-let's see them do it, and not just say it.
I'll believe it when I see it, and not before-and I'm still pretty wary of what kind of computer specs they're going to demand a player has when playing this. It doesn't sound very promising for us poor folks who can't buy top of the line models every other month.

YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 05:19:15 pm »

I read that e-mail/newsletter, too, and it looks like EA is going to finally get their wish of keeping cc creators out of their "business."  At least that's the way I read it.

I hope I'm wrong.  Then again, I'm also starting to think seriously about what BeosBoxBoy has said about retiring from creating Sims stuff the day Sims3 hits the shelves.  

What good will it be if you can change the sims shoes, if we can't have shoes by Bloom, Gothplague, Al, and others?  I have never, in Sims 1 or 2 seen a single pair of attractive shoes made by EA.  Oh, but I could instantly change my house to have a coordinated room with crappy EA wallpaper?  No thanks.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2008, 06:32:18 pm »

That was their intention all along. That no one would require CC that needed to be updated. To make the game so versatile you could change it how you liked. Customized. Just like with Spore. You create in Spore and it goes to the netherworld to be downloaded by anyone that plays Spore. They talked about it at the Spore show. Sims now know what is socially acceptable and what is not, etc...If you watch a video of how a creature is created in Spore you'll see how things will be created in Sims 3.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 06:47:58 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2008, 08:08:48 pm »

... :?

I just read the letter... and what do you know.  I'm still skeptical.  :dontknow:

Like they did with advertising Sims 2, I fear it's going to be exactly the same with this one:  All big talk, tempting screenshots and video clips, and all the new shiny stuff... until you finally get the game and realize how much is truly missing.  I'm not falling for it this time.  

If I do ever decide to have a change in heart about buying this game (or any other EA product), I'm definitely going to wait and see what the real thing is, not rely on what's being advertised.  I won't rely on EA's word anymore since all of the crap they've been doing these past few years has piled up too high on my plate.  Too much damage has been done IMHO.  :roll:

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2008, 08:50:39 pm »

I've been reading thread after thread about the problems in FT-from installing it, running it, using custom content, ad infinitum-the very fact that the last EP for the Sims 2 is so borked that nobody is happy is a very disturbing trend for us to consider the next game EA produces. If they're that sloppy on the last EP, how good can the next version be?
I've read an excuse that the developers were bored with doing only Sims 2 when they rigged up FT-and if that is the case, how bored are they going to be with this new version?
How many burnouts do they have at EA, anyway? All of them?
In the case of Spore, I do believe that Will Wright might have left EA just for the sheer fact that he wanted total control over the development of his game, not their input-and that he knew how bad things would get with Sims 2. Notice that he has not been near the franchise for a very long time, and he has never mentioned any intention of returning, either. He financed his own company just to do Spore, and while he might be the only one working on it,  he knows what he wants, not the bean counters.
We might never see the working version of Spore, but then again, if Will Wright develops and produces it the way he wants it, we may have the only game that will beat the Sims franchise into the dust-and that is the one fear EA probably has.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2008, 09:30:38 pm »

Didn't they have a child that breathed fire or caught things on fire something in the orignal tailer? I've never seen that. Yeah here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
I've never seen any of this. Kids sliding down the bannisters. Hanging on the ceiling fan...climbing on the trees.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/the-sims-original-official-trailer/682983282
Ever seen anything like this in your game?
or:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc_VDWRAQo&NR=1

They sure fooled us with these things. But I'm still gonna buy Sims 3. lol No sense in saying I won't.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2008, 01:20:05 am »

PD I agree.  If the teaser are as bad as leading us to think what Sims 3 will be like, I will wait for people to get it before I dare go and get it.

They fooled us twice with those teasers, than can surely do it again unfortunately.

Until I know way more about it, I cannot take any decisions on weither it will be a must for me or not.  Lack of info for now.

And since there are rumors there might be another EP after FT, I am sure they won't say too much about Sims 3 because they will want people to spend their money on buying the last ep and not just keep it for when Sims 3 will be out. :tongue:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 01:22:38 am by MissDoh » Logged
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2008, 09:33:53 am »

hello

here is something intressting about create a sim that you might find intressthing if you like to use a self sim.

The second aspect of The Sims 3 that always impresses me is our completely reinvented and realistic Create a Sim. In The Sims 3, you have so much freedom to create the Sims that you want to make, yet it’s easy and fun. In the coming weeks, we will have some screenshots on our website that show you a small glimpse of what is possible with Create a Sim. The Sims can look like anyone you imagine. I’ve made my friends, my great grandpa, and many other important people from my life. We also have a new realistic personality system called Traits that allows you to determine the personality of every Sim. There are dozens of Traits that you can assign to your Sims. Every Trait will change the way that your Sims feel, think and behave in the game. You can choose several traits for your Sims, so it’s really possible to make any character that you can imagine and they will come to life in The Sims 3. Now imagine placing these unique personalities into your very own “Petri-dish” that is the new seamless, living neighborhood.

hope this help.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2008, 11:13:07 am »

I echo what most have said about having to buy a new computer ... If I have to get a new machine just to play sims 3, then forgeddaboudit. Anyway, everybody has put so much time and effort into modding the sims 2, do Maxis really think we're all going to just drop the lot as soon as sim 3 comes out. It might turn out to be EA games first epic failure.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2008, 01:00:28 pm »

I think they know better honestly. If you played Sims 1, seemed like only a handful of people were going to buy Sims 2 after spending all that money on the Sims 1. Remember how Peeved everyone was when they released all EP's and SP's for like 50 bucks? I didn't even download any CC for my Sims in Sims 1, and read it all over the place. Even I was one, don't want it. I like the Sims 1. Not going to buy it. But, what did they do? Brought the Sims 2. Wasn't it something like 4 million copies in the first week? I held off till right before Nightlife was released. I think that was the first EP swore I was just getting the Sims 2, no EP's. Uh, every EP/SP other than Season's and Freetime I wasn't going to get. Now here I sit with all the EP's and SP's. That why I said I'm not even going to deny it this time. Wink

-Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: