Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:06:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158071 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2008, 04:56:47 pm »

I'm sorry. I know nothing about Halo 3 or Call of Duty. I don't even think my son plays those titles. I asked him. He has, but he disagrees with you. On the quotes I just did copies and pastes from quotes within the articles. Not on the actual article's themselves.  Normally I save all links, if it's something controversial, but didn't think I needed too. I never realized this was a controversial topic. On what EA said your more than welcome to call EA and ask to speak to the press section yourself. Then you can ask them your question as to how many they've sold, and if they consider it an epic failure. I told you what they told me. Here's the phone number for you. (650) 628-1500

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2008, 05:03:57 pm »

I too have reservations about TS3. I was so looking forward to the ability to custom create clothing only to find out that there was limitations to the "Mix and Match". I have been able to "customize" clothing but each new EP has made it harder to do so without messing up the file. I mean you have lots of optons in TS2 but these don't go deep enough. Examples: If I create a male sim and don't like the tie on his suit, I should be allowed to change it or even have him go without. If I create a female and think that her dress would look better with a different shade of hose (or none at all) then I should be able to do that as well. Also if I want my sims to be in various states of undress (loosened tie on the male sim or walking in stockinged feet for the female sim, et cetera) then I should be able to do that as well. All without having to use a photo editor. That's what all of the previews led me (as well as others) to beileve about TS2. Tha was just a small portion of what I was disappointed about TS2.

Don't get me wrong, I like TS2 a lot! It's just that I really am not in the mood to be fooled again. I just hope that EA/Maxis doesn't show preview trailers that just aren't real.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
char5263

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2008, 05:05:10 pm »

I'm excited to see what thisgame will be like:blob6:
Baytor

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2008, 05:27:21 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana
I'm sorry. I know nothing about Halo 3 or Call of Duty. I don't even think my son plays those titles. I asked him. He has, but he disagrees with you.

Disagrees with me on what? I only mentioned those two other games, because they're officially the highest selling titles of 2007. Those numbers weren't my rough estimates either, they're from the NPD market research group.

I never realized this was a controversial topic.

I don't think it actually is. Maybe I gave you the wrong impression, but I'm not trying to argue about SimCity Societies and its qualities as a game. I was really just blown away by your sales figures, considering that 7 million copies for a PC exclusive would be phenomenal and quite unlikely in the case of this game.

Then you can ask them your question as to how many they've sold, and if they consider it an epic failure.

I never said, or even implied anything like that.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2008, 06:06:49 pm »

My hope is that things that made TS2 great are included in TS3 "right away" (going on REAL dates, having pets, vacation destinations, seasons et cetera) and not have to wait for an EP like we had to with TS2. The changing shoes thing is cool and all but what about other accesories (socks, hose, ties, jewelery, et cetera) or the various states of undress I mentioned in a previous post? I'm sure that nobody can say right now but it would be nice to know how deep one can customize thier Sims' clothes!
I would also like to see a "parental filter". You see, I have an eight year old grand daughter wants to play, but TS2 has subjects not fit for children. Essentially, she wants to do everything "Paw-Paw" (isn't that a cute name she calls me?) does. I liked how having childern in TS1 was handled in case the young ones were playing. A customizable rating system would be perfect! Who's with me an that?
My other hope is that at least one other TS1 EP is given a counterpart in TS2. Having either a TS2 version of Superstar or Makin' Magic (preferably both Smiley) would be a good way to end the TS2 Franchise!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2008, 07:50:52 pm »

Quote from: Baytor;1169522
Disagrees with me on what?

He said to begin with Call of Duty 4 was good, not great or spectacular. It's a killing game. No comparison to a Sims game which everyone can play. Halo 3 is an Xbox 360 title there are 17 million Xboxs and Billions of PC's how can you even compare it? Common sense tells you the PC game is going to sell more in the long run. Sims 2 is still selling over 500,000 copies a year and it's been out 3 years. How many more Halo3's have been sold? No where near as many, nor will it be selling anything close to that in 3 years. Plus at the time of the release of Halo 3 there wasn't many decent games at all to even play on the Xbox 360.

Sims 2 alone sold over 13 million copies, even at 8 million copies and only a select few titles, they still didn't sell as many copies as the original Sims 2 did. Which had a lot of competition. Sims Pets sold over 6 million copies and are still selling. What's that tell you? Apples and Oranges.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2

I don't think it actually is. Maybe I gave you the wrong impression, but I'm not trying to argue about SimCity Societies and its qualities as a game. I was really just blown away by your sales figures, considering that 7 million copies for a PC exclusive would be phenomenal and quite unlikely in the case of this game.

I told you what EA themselves said Millions so your point is moot with me, you can go argue their numbers with them. 7 million is unlikely. But they sold more than 13 million Sims 2 games alone without any EP's. Same genre. Continue to sell over a half million a year since the original release, and close to 100 million Sims titles have been sold. You can find that out on the first page of a google search. Not unlikely...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims3/news.html?sid=6186224
http://www.boxxet.com/The_Sims/We_want_6_billion_sales_in_2011_says_EA.1ja61r.d

My Sims has already sold over 3 million copies, and it's getting ready to be released for the PC. :
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/13/ea-announces-lots-of-sim-branded-casual-titles/
http://www.videogamer.com/news/13-02-2008-7502.html

I never said, or even implied anything like that.

Well that's what I was adressing. Since you decided to address it back, and rudely, what else am I supposed to think your talking about?

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Baytor

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2008, 09:06:04 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana
He said to begin with Call of Duty 4 was good, not great or spectacular. It's a killing game. No comparison to a Sims game which everyone can play. Halo 3 is an Xbox 360 title there are 17 million Xboxs and Billions of PC's how can you even compare it?

I was comparing cold numbers, not gameplay. I was simply pointing out that SCS (despite your claims) probably didn't outsell the most successful games of that year.

The rest of your post just derails this "discussion" even further and I have no idea what you're actually trying to convince me of. All I asked for was a source for your sales figures, which you can't provide, so let's just leave it at that.

One more thing, though:
Since you decided to address it back, and rudely, what else am I supposed to think your talking about?

Seems more like you're mistaking curiosity for hostility. I wasn't being rude at all. Maybe you should read my posts again.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2008, 09:37:09 pm »

Quote from: Baytor;1169747
I was comparing cold numbers, not gameplay. I was simply pointing out that SCS (despite your claims) probably didn't outsell the most successful games of that year.

The rest of your post just derails this "discussion" even further and I have no idea what you're actually trying to convince me of. All I asked for was a source for your sales figures, which you can't provide, so let's just leave it a that.

One more thing, though:

Seems more like you're mistaking curiosity for hostility. I wasn't being rude at all. Maybe you should read my posts again.

I gave you the phone number to EA. Call them yourself. I won't address this again. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, last time "YOU" asked for Links. Let me go back up and check yes that is what you asked for, so I gave you links to everything I was talking about this time. EA said they have sold Millions of copies. Need the phone number again? (650) 628-1500

Oh and, SCS is an O8 Title not an 07 title. Their first quarter sales don't even end till April of 08. One of the titles you tried to compare it to in your example isn't even for the PC! Why your so stuck on '07 is beyond me. I could really care less if when they release the final quarter earnings if Sim City Societies sold one million or 20 million copies. The ENTIRE point I was making is, it is not an epic failure. PERIOD. And as far as the other quotes you know all the ones you sought out in about an hour when it took me over 6 hours of deep searching to find them all...well I'm sorry I'm not going back to get you all the links just to coddle you like some small child. Like I said I never realized it was so controversial or I would have saved you the links. However, your quite capable of searching them out, but please do so by actually clicking on some links and reading the articles, not just the description of the page.

Now go debate it with them. I'm done. Don't bother to post anything to me again, on this thread or any other. You'll be ignored.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 10:14:06 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
maniac19642003
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2008, 10:47:22 pm »

Found this info at snootysims now.

The Games for Windows magazine is now starting to arrive at subscribers. The first person who's posting info from it, is Kidblink from the N99 forum.
I reposted all the info here: Games for Windows.

A member of the forum posted scans of the PC Gamer magazine. 6 Pages full of info and with several screen shots from The Sims 3 can be found there.
Check it out here: Snooty Sims forum

* pcgamerscan.jpg (158.77 KB, 511x389 - viewed 228 times.)
Dizzymental

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2008, 10:48:22 pm »

Quote from: PegasusDiana;1169337
Ok I just called EA.

Yeah okay.  I'll call a company and tell them one of their products is a failure and of course they'll agree with me. LMAO Smiley

But joking aside, I don't think people should be getting all hot and bothered. This is just a discussion, right? We're all free to have our opinions. I think this, you think that. It's good. Smiley

I think sims online was a failure because of the subcription fees, and that awful sign up business, not for any other reason. I'd have bought it and played it otherwise and I know lots of other people who'd have done the same. But EA/Maxis made it difficult for anybody to even trial run it without giving away credit card details and stuff.

As for simcity societies, it may have sold some copies, but it's still crap, lol. Just ask any dedicated gamer about that one. Wink

To clarify my point, if sims 3 doesn't offer anything radically new then a lot of us are going to be disappointed. Well that's my pennyworth, so there Smiley
Amun-RA
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2008, 12:48:52 am »

Skin and Eye textures are still horrible, the should pay people from the community to make better.

Quote of the Year
'virtual orgasmic rape' - Kevin McCullough
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2008, 01:40:58 am »

Quote from: maniac19642003;1169873
Found this info at snootysims now.

The Games for Windows magazine is now starting to arrive at subscribers. The first person who's posting info from it, is Kidblink from the N99 forum.
I reposted all the info here: Games for Windows.

A member of the forum posted scans of the PC Gamer magazine. 6 Pages full of info and with several screen shots from The Sims 3 can be found there.
Check it out here: Snooty Sims forum

Thank you for the information. There are a couple things I'm kinda disappointed in. Seems like on some things they dumbed our Sims down and made them smarter in other area's. But I'll still get it, cause I can't resist.

-Luciano de Crescenzo
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2008, 02:41:28 am »

I have never played Sim City Societies. So I wouldn't know if I like it or not. Someone had made a comment about it being a failure..So I went and looked. For well over 6 hours. First site I found with any numbers said 7 million copies worldwide. I thought that can't be right. Sims 2 only sold 13 million. So I kept searching. There are very few websites that even try to guess at how many copies have been sold. But, when I found the forth or fifth one all saying 7 million, I thought ok maybe they're right. But he acts like I just pulled that number out of my "A" and said ok I'll go with a nice number like Oooo 7 million. I mean why not 10 or 20 million...doh.

When he questioned it. I posted the quotes for him. I never saved the links. I never thought they were important, and actually I had saved the quotes for ME. Not HIM. He comes back with yet another snide remark, after just an hour of searching. So I go back and start searching again to get the links for him. Look at the time between my posts. Almost an hour and I had only found one of the links. But, I'm supposed to believe he searched all quotes I gave him in less than an hour? I hardly think so. I knew what I was looking for and it had still taken me an hour to find just one of the links.

So I said forget this. I'll just call EA. I'm not going to sit here another 6 hours. Besides webpages can say whatever they like, doesn't make it fact. I know several people from over at EA, so I called over there and said look we're having a discussion on SCS and I need to know how many copies have been sold. He said I can't tell you that. I said can't or won't? He said that information gets released with the investor reports. I said ok just tell me this less than a million. More? He said more. I said we'll I got a number of 7 million. He said I can't confirm nor deny that. I said so you can't tell me anything? He said just that it's in the millions. So then I said ok would EA consider it an epic failure? He laughed and said not hardly. It's one of the more popular Sim titles. That's why we're developing more titles for it. We'd hardly be making more if we weren't making any money off it, would we? So that's what I posted. Not the whole conversation, but same general parts. Does he call EA? No. I then get another snide remark. Then another. I'm done with that. I have enough to deal with right now, without dealing with...so I won't.

Oh and this isn't the only thread he's posted snide remarks to me either, so I'm done. I think it's best if we just ignore each other's posts, because I'm done being civil.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 02:51:29 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

-Luciano de Crescenzo
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2008, 07:59:07 am »

:?  I don't know... definitely have to agree with Amun-RA on the skins and eyes, even though it's a  slight improvement over Sims 2.  And I'm not a big fan of the sim style at all.  It kinda looks like they based it off of the somewhat plastic-looking models of the "Singles" series... and from what I hear, those sprites were somewhat lacking in life-like facial expressions.  Hopefully I'm proven wrong on that, but I certainly hope they do keep expressions similar to what's found in Sims 2.  

And for the love of all that's holy, I certainly hope for everyone's sake that the game will allow modding/custom content.  Even though I'm not getting it, there's always the open possibility that I'll change my mind and go for it in the future... and if I waste money on something that looses it's shine quickly because I can't add more to it or cut out things I don't want happening, then I'm not going to be happy.  Sad

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2008, 09:56:14 am »

Thanks for showing that Maniac. Goo, Googlie, Goo that sim is butt ugly. I hope it improves before the release.  I agree, I hope they let the community mod and create for this franchise. Or we will be left with some fugly stuff here. UGH!

EDIT I just looked at the Snooty Sims pictures and I think the skins are improved. The eyes are so unimpressive.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:19:37 am by lewisb40 » Logged

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: