Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:06:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158058 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2008, 10:10:14 am »

That doesn't look like it's going to happen. They said extensive tools for the modding community. But your right, I think that's why the video's disappeared. They're pulling the bait and switch on us. Lifelike world, plastic people. I know I'll get it just because I played 1 and 2. But after seeing the video, then looking at the images last night. It was like deja vous all over again and back to the Sims 2 with the enticing videos...that we've never seen ingame.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
maniac19642003
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2008, 04:21:22 pm »

Yesterday, the scans of PC gamer were posted. Now is also the Games for Windows article posted. Several new screen shots and a massive amount of Sims 3 info can be found in it.
Check it out here: Infinitesims.com

* gfwscan02.jpg (109.63 KB, 384x437 - viewed 201 times.)
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2008, 06:20:06 pm »

Quote from: maniac19642003;1170772
Yesterday, the scans of PC gamer were posted. Now is also the Games for Windows article posted. Several new screen shots and a massive amount of Sims 3 info can be found in it.
Check it out here: Infinitesims.com

Thank you very much for the info checking it now.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
clcny20

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2008, 06:44:35 pm »

Ok, after seeing all that, I have to say it...the sim people in 3 look scary.  I mean, cool that you change shoes, and there are different hairstyles, and you can make them fatter or skinnier, but they look like robots!  I'm just...I'm just not feeling them.  The scenery, however, looks fantastic.  I say just make a new EP for 2 that makes them able to be fatter/skinnier, and gives them more animations, and I'd be fine.  It's weird, but I think the sims in 2 look more realistic than 3!

If you cannot accept me at my worst, then you do not deserve to know me at my best :happy8:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2008, 07:08:10 pm »

Quote from: clcny20;1171079
It's weird, but I think the sims in 2 look more realistic than 3!

My sentiments exactly!  :lol:

clcny20

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2008, 07:13:14 pm »

You know, I think it's about the skintones that custom content creators have made, I mean we all know that EA doesn't have the best track record of making realistic-looking...anything, lol.  But that's just it, maybe...who knows, maybe with CC it could be better?  I just don't know, I can't say I'm excited, not at all.  Those screenshots, and that article actually took my interest in the wrong direction, lol.  Long live Sims 2!

If you cannot accept me at my worst, then you do not deserve to know me at my best :happy8:
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2008, 07:47:58 pm »

what i have seen up to now, they look kind of freaky =S
i dont know, its too soon.
i already have the whole collection for the sims2 and dont wanna start all over =[
who knows..we'll  see

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2008, 08:01:20 pm »

I think it's the eyes, they are creepy.  Sure, the way they construct the faces, makes them look plastic, but I was looking at the close up pics and I thought the skin textures were a little better than the sims 2 maxis style, not community style.  I was thinking, those skins would be a great creative platform to start with?  But I am creatively challenged. LOL.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2008, 09:35:15 pm »

I actually like the eyes I think they're 100 percent over what we have in the Sims 2 and at least they have some nice highlights. Wink I like some of these pictures a little more. The facial expressions. But, I'm still not liking that plastic hair and skin. I mean why do I want to be able to make longer hair if it's going to look like clay. And it looks like they got a little overzealous on the skins trying to make them porous or something, so much they have a cement or stucco textures to them.

Don't know if you all noticed or not, but on the first picture the third? boy over had two different colored eyes. One purple and one blue.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 09:38:25 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2008, 10:05:14 pm »

I did happen to notice that, Diana... and I nearly spit out my drink at his expression.  :laugh:  It's definitely a little better than what I've seen so far... but I'm not seeing what might be expected yet by me. (mainly children/toddler/baby-wise... we all know what that is.  :lol:)  I guess they might give it to us next week or in the following weeks... :dontknow:

HB_princessakasha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2008, 12:04:49 am »

Personally i think its the fact that their going for a more 'cartoon' approach when it comes to skin and hair despite the fact that their also goin for 'realistic'

i mean srsly, look at that first picture on infinite sims the second guys expression jus proves that their goin for the cartoon approach as far as looks wise. and IMO id be afraid to see a real guy with that expression not to mention its creppy as they are now. and duh its not the sims if we can't do CC so i could give a flyin sqwat what the skin and hair looks like at first, i know that the moding community wont let me down when it comes to terms of realism.

its like...you jus gotta deal with it until someone makes somethin better ya'know? im not gonna let hair and skin ruin me from buying this game. im more worried about the contents in the game and how they actually plan to pull all this out their ass and still have it working on a new computer.

fake skin and hair? psh, this is why i come HERE! and i doubt much will change when the sims 3 comes out.

but all in all, i like what i see. lets hope they don't lie to us and we actually see all this ingame.

(PS. Im still excited about the seperate shoe thing o____O; I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!)

"I'd like to depart this world the way I arrived. Screaming and covered in someone else's blood."

Keisha // Snoppy
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2008, 10:44:29 am »

I'm probobaly going to be told, "shut up nood" but I'll say this anyway. To quote Toby Kieth "Before all of the debating become angry words of hate, sometimes we should just agree to disagree" (or it goes something like that).

Baytor, if you want to believe what you want to believe then go right ahead but quit questioning someone's integrity when they bring up facts that don't support your argument and are causing you to be wrong. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and be wrong!

PegasusDiana, as much as Baytor is upsetting you and as wrong as Baytor's opinions may or moy not be, Baytor still has a right to them. You can't take away someone's right to be an idiot. Don't let others upset you because that's what they want. It's just a form of cyberbullying!

Okay I am now off of my soap box. Let's talk more about TS3!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 03:41:56 pm by kevida97 » Logged

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2008, 11:53:25 am »

hello

here is more infor for the sims 3 Game just want to let you know that the info comes from a french sit but i will put the link i will try to translate for thoses that do not understand french.

http://www.jxp.ca/nouvelle/18515/The_Sims_3_bientot_devoile

Electronic Arts vient tout juste de lancer une page officielle pour The Sims 3, le prochain volet de la série immensément populaire. Le site en question indique que les premiers détails sur le jeu seront dévoilés le 19 mars prochain. The Sims 3 avait été mentionné pour la première fois il y a deux ans. EA avait alors prévu lancer le jeu entre le 1 avril 2008 et le 31 mars 2009. Tout indique que ce calendrier sera respecté. Nous vous tiendrons au courant.

i posted the link and the article if the link does not work.

Hopes this helps

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2008, 01:57:13 pm »

Quote from: kevida97;1171754
I'm probobaly going to be told, "shut up nood" but I'll say this anyway. To quote Toby Kieth "Before all of the debating become and words of hate, sometimes we should just agree to disagree" (or it goes something like that).

Baytor, if you want to believe what you want to believe then go right ahead but quit questioning someone's integrity when they bring up facts that don't support your argument and are causing you to be wrong. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and be wrong!

PegasusDiana, as much as Baytor is upsetting you and as wrong as Baytor's opinions may or moy not be, Baytor still has a right to them. You can't take away someone's right to be an idiot. Don't let others upset you because that's what they want. It's just a form of cyberbullying!

Okay I am now off of my soap box. Let's talk more about TS3!!!!!!

Your absolutely right, and in Baytors defense I didn't take it as cyberbullying. He seems like a very intelligent person. I think he's just the type of person that likes a good debate. It just seemed like he zero'd in on me to have these debates with on several threads. Which he probably didn't. Normally it wouldn't bother me. I'd just laugh it off, or debate. But, I'm going through a lot of things in my personal life right now so it gnawed at me the wrong way. I probably should have just ignored it.

As far as the Sims 3 I'm still going to buy it. Wink

-Luciano de Crescenzo
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2008, 02:46:33 pm »

lol@Princess! I'm stuck on the shoe thing too. It's like I'm gonna get the Sims 3. They can change their shoes!

Total agreement Tenshii. They always seem to short change us in the child dept. Sims 1 our children didn't even grow up. They stayed children forever. Sims 2 nothing till Freetime. Seems like they did at least put forth an effort for the Sims children/toddlers in freetime. You have to admit some of the things they gave us for the toddlers is adorable. Still nothing for infants though, and we do have to take care of them for 3 Sims days. Wink

-Luciano de Crescenzo
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: