Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:03:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158019 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
maniac19642003
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2008, 06:24:31 pm »

A new Info page for The Sims 3 has been added. Here you can read all known facts about the game which came from reliable sources. Also added is a Traits page and also a list of what these Traits actually mean.
Check the links here: Information - Traits
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2008, 09:11:17 pm »

Quote from: Snooty Sims
- Confirmed ages: Baby, Children, Adult, Elder.
:oogle:  Hold the phone... no toddlers and teens?  Are they seriously taking it back to Sims 1 with concerns to the age field?  :eh:  That sucks... I like all of the life stages.  Having all the stages gives it more realism, despite how some people seem to find those two stages annoying somehow... and taking them out seems sort of like a downgrade instead of the upgrade to "gradual" aging I had hoped to see in this one.  Sad  Don't see anything that's going to change my mind at getting this, especially with that little tidbit in the mix with the other continuous AI living thing...  :angry7:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 09:14:27 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Nekota

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2008, 10:27:22 pm »

I hadn't seen this announcement anywhere, so I thought I'd let folks know in case someone hadn't heard yet.  EA has officially announced that they will be releasing Sims 3 in 2009 with more customization and ability to explore one's neighborhood (such as visiting neighbors houses or walking down the street).

Anyway, here's the current website for info:

http://thesims3.ea.com/
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2008, 11:06:22 pm »

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=73732

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2008, 12:00:10 am »

I would miss the teen and young adult stages. Not interesting enough for me. I will wait a long time, for any EP's to make new possibilities in the game. I still love my Sims 2. Cheesy

Oh yeah, the possibilities of new sims being created in a household makes me worry. It is like buying two rabbits and having 10 in a month. (I don't know if that can happen, but I imagine it).

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2008, 01:14:22 am »

It says confirmed, hopefully they just haven't confirmed weather or not there is toddlers and teens. That would be weird to see a child sim go from a child to an adult. Unless they changed it to include those ages. Like an infant to a toddler is one part/stage of their life. Child to teen.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2008, 07:08:47 am »

i wouldnt mind those stages if the duration of the ages was realistic- i mean seriously baby 3 days toddler 4 and child 8?

but on the site it has my worst nightmare confirmed

"All the neighboring Sims will live their life and age simultaniously as your Sim (They'll get married, get jobs,etc). "

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2008, 02:08:56 pm »

I'd like to know the days? Duration of each life stage.

ktgoodnight: I really don't like that either, but maybe they did that because of all the complaining about each generation of sims having the same children to play with their great-grandparents had to play with. Same college students. I just wish they'd leave our Sims alone. That means if we want to see what's going on in our Sims families unless we want to live on the game and never sleep or eat we'll only be able to have one or two families at a time and have to be constantly switching back and forth. I don't know why they can't do it with just the NPC's.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Triple_sSs

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2008, 07:42:52 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1192066
:oogle:  Hold the phone... no toddlers and teens?  Are they seriously taking it back to Sims 1 with concerns to the age field?  :eh:  That sucks... I like all of the life stages.  Having all the stages gives it more realism, despite how some people seem to find those two stages annoying somehow... and taking them out seems sort of like a downgrade instead of the upgrade to "gradual" aging I had hoped to see in this one.  Sad  Don't see anything that's going to change my mind at getting this, especially with that little tidbit in the mix with the other continuous AI living thing...  :angry7:

I don't think they're excluding the toddler and teen age stages, 'cause those other stages were listed under "Things that will not change," so they might just be saying that those stages will still be there.

Something else that caught my eye at SnootySims:
- The game will have modding tools built into it.

Now that, I like! Smiley
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2008, 09:12:33 pm »

Maybe that means that the growth Process is slower for the sims Huh? This i don't Know

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
charmany

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2008, 05:34:49 am »

those two post were very informative thankyou,not looking forward to buying a new computer though and im 38 yrs old,with the bills that you have now,how do you justify another couple of grand for another computer.as my husband says its only a game,but to me its not just a game its my life...

Roses are red,Violets are blue, I am perfect, How about you...
ísarah

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2008, 06:47:48 am »

Quote from: ktggoodnight;1189959
and i cant re itteratte how much I HATE THEIR SKIN/EYES/HAIR + CLOTHES DESIGNERS!- seriously the clothes are designed around the early 90s and are AWFUL! - seriously if you thought about wearing any of those items in real life. and dont get me started on the plastic hair and shiny shiny unrealistic skin!

I think people in most of the world are stuck in the 90's fashion-wise! :rabbit: Maxis makes bland stuff on purpose, it has to appeal to the widest audience. Most people seem to want dumb cartoonish crap in their game. But yeah, custom hairs by people on Insim, MTS2, Noukie, Raon, SAU, et al are 1000% more attractive than the crapola which comes with the game. Maxis also makes some weird clothing, 90% of it is fugly & unwearable (except for some custom recolors).

I'm going to hold off on buying the Sims 3 until a few years after its release, from the screenshots and descriptions it doesn't appear to be worth buying a whole new system for it..:smt120

:smt120
Tekku

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2008, 11:48:31 am »

I looked at the screens today, the new appearance of sims seems very like that of avatars in secondlife.

:B I like how they've softened features and given nicer looking skin textures, and hair meshes look much more real even at this stage of production.

Luckily I Just got a new pc with a dual core cpu and 2 gb of ram, + evga geforce8800GT (512mb) so I'm set for that!

I'm one of those people who will take a while to get as into TS3 as TS2, I enjoy how much CC is around at this moment for TS2 and likely will wait a while to see how creators respond to TS3, but I am very excited.

An  i n t e r s t e l l a r burst .... I'm back to save the universe.
Tekku

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2008, 11:53:36 am »

Quote from: Triple_sSs;1193317
I don't think they're excluding the toddler and teen age stages, 'cause those other stages were listed under "Things that will not change," so they might just be saying that those stages will still be there.

Something else that caught my eye at SnootySims:

Now that, I like! Smiley
I'd be aghast if they really got rid of toddlers/teens. I doubt they will, I think it was a major upgrade for everyone who plays the sims series. I expect the growth to maybe be a bit more seamless, not just *pop* and age up on your birthday. it seems like a logical place to go to after TS1 + 2.

isarah: As much as I hate maxis defaults, they have inched closer to more tasteful clothes (inch... like a worm) in the transfer from TS1 - > 2. And if the skin textures and hair meshes are anything like those shown in the prerelease screens, they're a significant improvement upon what was in Ts2, blocky, unrealistic, and very out of style. I agree that I'm going to wait to see what happens before I jump on the bandwagon though.

edit: I just looked at snootysims, hygiene and bladder will be hidden? T_T that's frustrating
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 12:01:05 pm by Tekku » Logged

An  i n t e r s t e l l a r burst .... I'm back to save the universe.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2008, 03:18:32 pm »

Im excited about most of it except the aging thing where other sims age with you , not sure how thats going to work, for some reason this gane is reminding me of animal crossing.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: