Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 11:00:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 159872 times)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
zolabee

Some days are just after you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2008, 06:50:36 pm »

Hey - I'm happy with TS2.  I love the custom people, and items, they are works of art in themselves.  We have a myriad of hacks to not have to bother with the little stuff.  I want to be able to have normal families, see them 2, torture them, and more.  I'm staying right here. If every one (like that's gonna happen) would stick together, EA would have to cave.

Crazy Town - see it to believe it!
DevilDog

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2008, 07:17:05 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1197340

EA didn't want CC -- as we have always understood the term -- in TS2, now they are simply making damned sure there isn't any in TS3.

looks like the ongoing debates over free vs pay cc may have finally pushed ea to create a product that only they will make the money from.  whether we like it or not, it's good business for ea, of couse that's until someone hacks the game code and figures it out.  i'm sure someone out there will figure out how to make a buck off ea besides ea.

the whole concept of the sims 3 makes me think of the 'tycoon' games.  intertwined community.  i think if you like those kinds of games, sims 3 will be up your alley.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2008, 07:32:23 pm »

Since the link was not working I googled it and got this
http://downloadsthesims2.forumcommunity.net/?t=13667837

I have no idea what the poster/comments say since I dont speak that language (maybe italian?), but for the most part, it is in English.

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2008, 08:16:02 pm »

If it's true that people can't make thier own clothes in TS3, then I don't think that I'll get it! I pride my self on my work. I'm especially proud of my Hooters girls outfits (check them out at the Sims2 website's exchange under "kevida120766"*). Anyway, making custom clothing is one fo the things that I like the most.

*shameless self-plug
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 06:06:08 pm by kevida97 » Logged

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
xts

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2008, 09:50:12 pm »

I feel both excited and disappointed but who knows, once it's out it may all be fine and dandy (mostly) considering what all could happen.  I noticed however, that the eyes are almost always the almond type.. The eyes all seem to look alike.  Puffy or something, like xbox style?  I agree with beo on liking to control many, if not all aspects of the game. I like to mod it my way. I hope that eventually atleast we will have that ability.

I'm a customizer! Let me customize! Cheesy
Thanks for listening...
xts
kelseysgr8

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2008, 10:04:14 pm »

Amazing job on getting all of this info guys! Thank-you sooo much my favourite hunnies! Wink

You don't stop laughing because you get old, you get old because you stop laughing!:notsmili:
Come join the Animal Army!!:animal: http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=262
zolabee

Some days are just after you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2008, 10:36:53 pm »

Hmmm.....customization?  It looks some what like what disney did with Pocahontas.  Take genetics, mix'em up...and wallah(?).... a Native American that looks nothing like the original.

Crazy Town - see it to believe it!
fatimatillah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2008, 03:57:02 am »

Uhm... I was sleeping, then, I realized that I double-posted. Sorry! Won't do it again. EVER! Cheesy

My brother told me that EA might make their own "custom contents" and sell them to TS3 consumers, just so they can make more money. Of course, I thought "Greedy piles of (you know what)" but my brother has to look into it with his "sources". He's not yet sure. It was just his opinion. But its really possible. I mean, why else would they not allow common creators work their minds into making custom contents? Well, if custom content isn't going to be allowed anymore, only a minimum amount of people would want to purchase TS3. TS2 was only bought to me by my brother because there were CCs. I doubt that he'll purchase TS3. (TS2's hair designs are really crappy...) Well, if there won't be any CCs in TS3, then I'm sticking with TS2. But I might reconsider if TS3 is cool in any level...

Ok, Thats all. Thank you... *bow, then rips pants* You didn't hear a ripping sound... Its just your imagination... (And for any more typos, sorry.) Oh an zolabee, is that what they really did with Pocahontas? Who are the 2 Disney characters that they've mixed?

I Cats!!! :cat: <(^_^)>
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2008, 06:09:50 am »

I think that what Beosoxboy wrote is on the mark-EA has seen for itself what a thriving community there is for the modders in Sims 2. They have figured out what they're missing out on, and have decided to cut that aspect out-by eliminating any chance of CC, they can sell it to people who buy Sims3. They know the value of CC-if there is any.
By doing this, they will have voided their own EULA and have made CC a payable item. "Hey, kid, you wanna cool hair style? Buy this one!"
God, it's tiresome when the bean-counters take over.

ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2008, 06:39:11 am »

re Beos - we all play sims for our own different reasons, however i think its fair to say the majority of people play sims because of the CC that is available. Hell i didnt play it for 2 years because the base game + xps for me just wasnt offering me enough scope for my own little world.

so if i have to pay EA to get the crappy custom content for my sims and to add insult to injury - not able to get it from anyone else- i wont be playing sims 3 ever..... unless EA hire a couple of modders from here....

who ever said about Pocohontas! LOL! sooo true...

seriously maybe they have all stared at screen for so long they dont know what real people are/look like....

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
Lady_Nalynn

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2008, 06:02:38 pm »

Whoa TS3!? Sweet. Thanks for the infro. ^^
cecim2

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2008, 06:04:06 pm »

Oh folks, first of all I am very grateful to all of your discussion about the Sims 3.  I had asked this question a while back because I grew rather worried about the changes that might occur when the new game is released.

And from Beos and the rest who have contributed to this thread, it seems rather grim.  When I saw the trailers and the previews afforded to the game (by virtue of You Tube and elsewhere), I admit I was rather curious about how our simmies might "come alive".  But now that I've seen EA's preview page for TS3, I am more disgusted.

The skins, for one are awful.  And even though it might be neat to custom make a house according to design, it still doesn't allow that same type of freedom that we have during TS2.  Instead, it's as if our little Simmies will be shaped and molded by the evil hand of EAxis. Sad

That makes me very sad.  We have a vibrant community filled with great, talented and wonderful people.  And the EA Fascists know that if anything if they want their game to stay popular, it depends on the fans who play it (and not only the kids and the teens, but the adults too).

What is even worse is the fact that it leaves the Mac people (which I am one) out in the dust.  What are we to do?  Are we going to passed by while the PC people get to try the game first?  And what does Aspyr going to do about the new game?

You see, these are things that have been bugging me.  And I, for one, have been reading what Beos has said in his blog.  I've thought really hard about the corruption that is going on.  EAxis has destroyed not only the heart of the game (which was really quaint in TS1), they've also destroyed the playability as well.  And TS3 only amounts to an empty shell.

Even though I have an open mind about the future and will hope for the best, what I'm seeing doesn't quell my worry a little bit.  Instead, if everything is going to be tied up to an "Exchange-type" system, it's time to throw in the towel.

I love my neighborhoods (despite the bugs, hacks and other little things I put in the game).  I love the fact that I can have a diversity of body sizes (via Warlokk, Marvine, Beos and others).  And I love the differences in hair, make-up, skins and other accoutrements that make the Sims2 playing worthwhile.  If I can't have those things, then TS3 will not be on my wish list for future play.  

In fact, it makes me rather sick what EA has done to a beautiful game which stood out apart from the war-like or other strategy games.  I like the sociological and psychological aspects of it because you could try out a whole bunch of different scenarios to rear your neighborhood.  Now, if they make it  soulless in the next version, what in the heck are we going to have left?

Just my .02.  Keep on fighting the good fight. Smiley

Ceci
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2008, 04:41:41 am »

After further reflection and reading more comments here I might buy it out of curiousity but im going to mainly stick with my sims 2 for quite some time.
fatimatillah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: April 04, 2008, 05:16:06 am »

When I said earlier that EA was going to sell their own custom content, I realized something... In case EA makes their own "CC", it won't be considered as CCs anymore because THEY made it, not the "going-to-be" TS3 consumers... Ok, so its supposed to be called EP (Expansion Pack), not CC (Custom Content)... Then I thought "Hooray... More EPs to waste our money on, just to make the game more satisfying... NOT."

I just wish that they had just made TS2 more realistic, but still with the CCs, and other stuff, but NOooo, EA wanted it THEIR way, not ours. They wanted our wallets dry and our minds numb. And it won't be our problem if only a few people buy TS3... I wish I could say this in their site...

In case they'll advertise the "EPs"/TS3 on the TV/radio in the future, it'll go like this:

Advertiser: Buy TS3 now so that you'll PC/laptop will explode! And when you buy TS3, you'll get one free EP! Buy expansion packs for crappier stuff, and it only costs 1 creative mind per purchase! Buy one now and get an extra load of crap! We also sell crap, crap and more crap! Please buy our mind-numbing and PC/laptop-frying products NOW!*advertiser with thumbs up*

Announcer Dude: EA, home of money-suckers, wallet-dryers, creativity-killers and crap-makers!

THE END<--- of all creative and open minds  

We can't do anything about TS3 for now because they're going to release it anyway. If it tanks, its their fault. Maybe they'll re-do the game if it tanks... I hope they do...

I Cats!!! :cat: <(^_^)>
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: April 04, 2008, 07:14:04 am »

fatimatillah, are you sure you never met EA's Rod Humble? Because that's pretty much the way he has been selling Sims 2 these past years (without the honesty you used, he would lie a great deal more and add spurious claims like "cures cancer").

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: