Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 08:50:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 159966 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2008, 03:12:07 pm »

Glad I could give you a laugh,beosboxboy. By the way, is your avatar a picture of you? If not then it look an awful like actor Charles Nelson Reily! I've been meaning to ask you that for the longest time!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 16, 2008, 04:23:29 pm »

no i think its a clip shot of brick top from snatch... though dont quote me- im terrible remembering movie names

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: April 17, 2008, 10:21:53 am »

good show, ktggoodnight! You're right!

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
fatimatillah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2008, 11:16:18 am »

I need to be able to talk to people/a person here in Insim, as in instant messaging, so that I'll be less confused. I need to talk to someone knowledgeable, someone that can prove a point about this issue... Err... And... Did I spell this right (?): supercalifragilisticexpialidocious  <---? I've been making this as an acronym and put in a lot of words together to form the acronym...

I Cats!!! :cat: <(^_^)>
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 17, 2008, 04:19:05 pm »

I suppose then I need to watch Snatch.

kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 17, 2008, 04:22:23 pm »

Quote from: fatimatillah;1215189
I need to be able to talk to people/a person here in Insim, as in instant messaging, so that I'll be less confused. I need to talk to someone knowledgeable, someone that can prove a point about this issue... Err... And... Did I spell this right (?): supercalifragilisticexpialidocious  <---? I've been making this as an acronym and put in a lot of words together to form the acronym...

Huh?Huh?Huh??
are you saying the your issue is wheter "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" is spelled right? I don't even think it's a word. Of course I could always be wrong.

kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 17, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »

I am afraid that since the originator of The Sims (Will Wright) will not be working on TS3 that it will tank without him. I am hoping that I am wrong! Yes I know that I've been going "back and forth" about whether or not I'll get TS3. If you really want my answer then here it is. I will definitely think about maybe getting it!:)

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2008, 08:26:52 am »

Quote from: kevida97;1215735
I am afraid that since the originator of The Sims (Will Wright) will not be working on TS3 that it will tank without him. I am hoping that I am wrong! Yes I know that I've been going "back and forth" about whether or not I'll get TS3. If you really want my answer then here it is. I will definitely think about maybe getting it!:)

Kevida, TS2 was made entirely without Will Wright too. Wright is credited for, but did not design much -- if any -- of The Sims 2. What content that may be by Wright most probably consists of recycled code stripped from The Sims and SimsVille. He was only used in advertising/promotional material and a member of the team in name only; during most of the life-arc of The Sims 2, he was/has been working on the first stages of Spore and doing the kudos-tour where he generally lived like a rock star and got a pile of honorary degrees and awards purely based on the success of The Sims and his huge cash roll.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:15:45 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
nequam

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2008, 09:00:30 am »

Back to topic; how long did EAxis milk the teat of The Sims1?
And what is the comparative to TS2, to date?

Addendum: The sims is my first foray into message boards, still learnin' all the shiny buttons so excuse the crude cut and paste:)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:16:33 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

Cuniculi mali infernales malleis magnis me adoriebantur in nocte,
et deinde cibum meum furabantur. Cur Deus?
fatimatillah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: April 18, 2008, 09:40:26 am »

Ahehe... I deleted the last post... So, beos and nequam, you can edit yours posts with the stuff you had to post/say to what I have posted earlier because its gonna look dumb... Nequam, I wasn't looking for pictures like that. Good thing the link is fake... I didn't click it, I just quoted your message and saw the "underline" symbols. Just to clear things up, "that" wasn't an actual question, that was just an example of what I would say if my mind got really dull.

See? : I'm gonna say things like: "______________________________" <-- "blank"  ( I keep my grammar as accurate as possible. )

Ok. I don't think I should be posting too much stuff, since this happened, because it doesn't help with anything. I think nothing that I post ever helps Cheesy... (That is so because I don't provide anything of importance)... I'll just post if it is important and actually relevant. Or if I respond to one of the posts. :|

I Cats!!! :cat: <(^_^)>
nequam

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 18, 2008, 10:29:17 am »

Ahhh!!!! I fear my playfullness has been misinterpreted.
Sadness; I want none, I want to share none...

Cuniculi mali infernales malleis magnis me adoriebantur in nocte,
et deinde cibum meum furabantur. Cur Deus?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: April 18, 2008, 12:27:50 pm »

Quote from: nequam;1216196
Back to topic; how long did EAxis milk the teat of The Sims1?
And what is the comparative to TS2, to date?

Addendum: The sims is my first foray into message boards, still learnin' all the shiny buttons so excuse the crude cut and paste:)

You can never get solid figures from EA about specific items, they obviously don't want their shareholders to know how much money they are losing on certain pet projects.  But this being said, I can give some ball-park figures.

The Sims (original - base game & expansion packs, including licensed translations by 3rd party vendors) to date has sold over 420 million units worldwide with an average shelf-price of USD $29.99 - netting about USD $ 1 649 800 000 (figure is adjusted for inflation) in gross profits for EA... and they are still pressing and shipping Sims original to market.

The Sims 2 (base game & expansion packs, including licensed sales by 3rd party vendors) to date has sold less than 90 million unites worldwide with an average shelf price of USD $32.00 - netting about USD $ 1 224 000 000 (figure is adjusted for inflation) in gross profits for EA... so you can see they've found a way to give us less and squeeze out more

don't fret the small stuff, nequam, we all start as newbies, it gets better

maria87

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2008, 01:49:26 pm »

I don't want the sims 3 to be released!:-P I'm not ready for them and I don't need them... I'm still waiting for stupid freetime to be shipped and I explored the previous ep's to the minimum... There are millions of things that could be improved, but that doesn't even happen... The thing they advertise the most is the seamless neighborhood. And, ok, I hate the loading screen and I have thought that it would be nice to be able to go to the neighbor's house, but I'm not gonna buy a new computer just for that... I also wanted a new personality system, but I mean like, sims with caracters? Not people who steal benches and that makes them so unique and realistic! For the most part, the changes I see that they're making could be good. But they're not... They're just plain stupid! Like with the sims 3 they're aiming towards a new age group: 8-year-olds!

When the sims 2 were anounced... What was it like? I guess you thought the sims were better, but when did you decide that you wanted to buy them and that they were better? Did you like the new information being released or did you keep ranting the way we do now?
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 18, 2008, 03:40:44 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;1216174
Kevida, TS2 was made entirely without Will Wright too. Wright is credited for, but did not design much -- if any -- of The Sims 2. What content that may be by Wright most probably consists of recycled code stripped from The Sims and SimsVille. He was only used in advertising/promotional material and a member of the team in name only; during most of the life-arc of The Sims 2, he was/has been working on the first stages of Spore and doing the kudos-tour where he generally lived like a rock star and got a pile of honorary degrees and awards purely based on the success of The Sims and his huge cash roll.

Now that I did not know! Thanks for the clarification! Hmm no wonder TS2 started off good but, as Will became less involved, it become more of a money making scheme for EA in the end. I just have a bad feeling that TS3 will tank and that Spore will be to amibtious of a project.

Sam_Cains90

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 18, 2008, 05:42:12 pm »

I think that what we have been shown of the actual sim design of Sims 3 makes them look like little girls dolls! I found the sims in Sims 2 far more realistic - especially with cc, so let's hope their will be some good creators out there fairly soon after the release!

I really don't want to buy a new computer just yet, but will if I have to. I will definitely be getting the game - I just hope it's worth it.

I'll definitely be keeping Sims 2 though, it has been my life for a couple of years (sad as that may seem Wink)

For my other sim stories please visit my site:

http://samssimstories.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: