Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 11:11:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 159287 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2008, 06:08:02 pm »

Quote from: maria87;1216517

When the sims 2 were anounced... What was it like? I guess you thought the sims were better, but when did you decide that you wanted to buy them and that they were better? Did you like the new information being released or did you keep ranting the way we do now?

When Sims2 first came out, I'd only been playing Sims 1 for a year, and what I saw of Sims 2 (as Maxis-only stuff) I wasn't impressed.  So I ignored Sims 2 and kept playing Sims 1.  About 2 years later, I was bored with Sims 1 so I started looking around the nets to see what was available for Sims 2, CC-wise, and I was amazed.  That's when I knew it was time to switch from 1 to 2.  

I don't expect that to happen with Sims 3.  It doesn't look any better than Sims 2, and there's still some question if we'll even have CC for 3.  

I have never bought a Sims game/EP/FP because I wanted MAXIS content - I've only ever bought them so I could play with the custom content I'd seen that required them.  I wish EA would learn that, know it, live it.
kacidama

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2008, 08:23:12 pm »

Quote from: maria87;1216517

When the sims 2 were anounced... What was it like? I guess you thought the sims were better, but when did you decide that you wanted to buy them and that they were better? Did you like the new information being released or did you keep ranting the way we do now?

My daughter and I have played sims since the start - we played a little simcity but the appeal of controlling and playing individuals and families was exciting.  We loved Sims although the game was a little buggy at times and the sims were totally stupid so when Sims2 was first talked about the anticipation was tremendous.
There were teasers and screenshots, interviews with the people working on Sims2 and every update was greeted with squeals and trepidation.  We got to *know* the Maxoids and looked forward to the webchats.
What we didn't know was that we were being fed lies and propaganda.  The videos and screenshots they showed were photoshopped: they promised us weather - we didn't get it till EP5 although it was blamed as the reason for the 9 month delay of Sims2.  We didn't mind the wait - we had regular updates and the anticipation was increased.
Worst of all the *Maxis* brand was axed after OFB (and was only on that as an afterthought) - a brand we had loved and trusted but with the release of each EP and SP the bugs got worse, there was no testing before shipping - apart from with the basegame - and the modders were relied on to fix things until EAxis could patch it (or not as is the case with FT)

Most people were excited about the release of Sims2 but the coding was sloppy and each EP showed it up so by the time Sims3 was announced we are wary (and weary) that it will be more of the same.

As the legendary Who said *We Won't get Fooled Again*

Money can't buy you happiness but it makes being miserable more comfortable
Llamarama
« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2008, 10:41:46 am »

I'm looking forward to the sims 3 but the main thing i'm worried about is system spec. Is it going to be similar to the sims 2 with all EP and stuff packs or are we talking super computer territory? I'm also concerned with legacy sims games. When the sims 2 came out most of the sims 1 sites shut down or were abandoned, will this happen with the sims 2 aswell? I certainly hope not!
PANDAQUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2008, 06:19:42 pm »

I'm a little scared of it, since it may require a new computer...

It is impressive, though...

It's quite a feat to make a video game like this, so I am easily amazed.

Note to self: Always use DEST edition of Insim...

Don't talk to any toy you don't know!
 -Mrs. Potato Head, Toy Story 2
kacidama

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 20, 2008, 05:51:17 am »

Quote from: Llamarama;1217518
When the sims 2 came out most of the sims 1 sites shut down or were abandoned, will this happen with the sims 2 aswell? I certainly hope not!

Probably.  Although there are still a lot of us that aren't getting Sims3 so maybe not for a while.

And there are still sims1 sites out there

Money can't buy you happiness but it makes being miserable more comfortable
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 20, 2008, 11:04:05 am »

I only began simming bout 4 months ago - still have lots to learn so hope sites like these will still be around fer ages to come

p.s the new kitchen and bathroom stuff pack is absolute keekiebobos (thats rubbish to anyone who's a tad unsure) so dont bother wasting yer money !
cwf1701

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2008, 07:12:08 pm »

from some of what i read on page 1-2, it could be bad if the requirement forces players to upgrade to a Crappy OS (Vista) to play the game. if i had to play Sims 3, i would buy a mac and wait for a mac version of Sims 3 rather than upgrade a machine to Vista. (or wait until Windows 7).
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2008, 07:25:23 am »

I've got Vista and it seems fine to me

tho have only experienced simming on Vista so dont have anything to compare it to !
SealJuice

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2008, 05:38:38 pm »

Quote from: kacidama;1218271
Probably.  Although there are still a lot of us that aren't getting Sims3 so maybe not for a while.

And there are still sims1 sites out there

Personally, I do not think Sims2 sites will shut down after Sims3 comes out. TS2 did offer us a lot that we could not live without, especially the graphics and 3d changes. Unless the Sims3 shows itself to be truely mod friendly, many of us will not bother with it. If the gang finds a way to create their own meshes and mods, then we will start to see the bigger migration. This took over a year with TS2 if I remember.

For awhile, EAxis had plans for TS3 to be semi-online, meaning you could actually have your sims visit my neighborhood. I think this idea was scrapped, but I do not know for sure.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2008, 05:54:56 pm »

Quote from: SealJuice;1220167
For awhile, EAxis had plans for TS3 to be semi-online, meaning you could actually have your sims visit my neighborhood. I think this idea was scrapped, but I do not know for sure.

Considering the failure that The Sims Online was, I don't think the EAxis would wont to venture through that territory again. Speaking of EAxis I have decided to make a comparaison of EA/Maxis with Chrysler's buy out of The American Motors Corporation (AMC). Chrysler bought out AMC so that they could get thier hands on the Jeep brand (which was AMC's only money maker). However since that time the Jeep brand hasn't lived up to previous models' quality or consumer friendliness (is that even a word?). It looks like EA is doing the same thing with the Sim brand (Sim City & The Sims). I actually like Sim City Societies, by the way. I just had to get me head around not comparing it to the previous ones. TS3, however, concerns me but I have already gone through that ad nauseam. I just wanted to shre me comparison with others. I apologize to all non-Americans for my use of an American reference. I am not that well versed in other countries' cultures (except for the two years I spent in Japan)

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
shawner1992
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2008, 09:10:52 pm »

There is one more left.  In the Kitchen and Bath booklet it says Sims Apartments coming this fall I think. Go to The Sims site to see it.:blob6:
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 22, 2008, 07:49:15 am »

**wanders off to sims site**
theotherhalf

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2008, 10:16:24 am »

The manager of my local EB Games just told me that they have April 8th as the Sims 3 release date.
lynz4tex58

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2008, 10:01:21 pm »

I think that the Sims3 will look/act like the characters in the Nasonex commercial here in the US.  The actors voice for the bee is Antonio Banderas with alot of sim like people in it.  Or what I would imagine the next version of sims will be like.  I'm excited for it.  Never played sims1 so I guess this is like my TS2 from TS1, can't wait to see it.  Really can't wait to own it Cheesy.

Oh, mirror in the sky.... What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life~~
kathy19122

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2008, 11:58:15 am »

So far i heard that the game is goin to be just like The Sims Life Storie.
all i can say is i hope not.because all this waiting for the release and it turns out to be not worth it there is no point on getting it..but i hope that those rumors are lies and it be a awesome game as The sims 2 and all EP's
"Viva Le Sims"and keep on coming!!!

Looking For Some Urban Homes? Come check Me Out [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]CityLounge[/COLOR]

:worship:Live..Love..Laught..Injoy Life..:worship:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: