Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 12:03:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 159344 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lupine

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2008, 05:33:46 pm »

Like many others here, I won't buy it until I hear definitive confirmation that it is hackable/moddable. I only ever wanted a sex d***s and rock & roll simulator. TS2 is as close as you can get, at the moment, but it surprises me that an independant company hasn't produced a completely "adult" game in the same vein (I don't count singles as it was rubbish or any of the virtual valerie clones (yes I'm that old)). It may be a weird thing to say on a Sims forum but the whole school/work/life micro-management part of the game (basically 95% of it) holds no appeal for me. The idea of coming home after a hard day at work and thinking "I know, I'll play a game in which the characters spend most of their time at school or work and a lot of their free time being instructed to perform basic life skills somehow never  struck a chord. Then I discovered hacks and mods and cc and never looked back. The free time ep is probably my favourite but it still has huge flaws, the most obvious being forgetting how to do activities if you don't perform them regularly (how can you forget how to go hiking?) I think my ideal expansion pack would be Sims lottery winner or Sims Hugh Hefner (amounts to the same thing) as that's how I play the game anyway.
  It looks as though Eaxis might be gearing Sims3 to the new market of Wii and nds owners who aren't looking for anything too complex or, indeed adult, in nature. There's a big cash cow there waiting to be exploited.
  I have no doubt that, if the new game is remotely hackable then those clever bods who improve games on our behalf will have it  nailed soon after the official release. If it turns out to be uncrackable or the custom content has to go through some kind of morality filter then Eaxis can insert it in the orifice of their choice.  
  That said, there's a couple of things that I'd like to see in the new game apart from a lot more adult content which I won't go into here.
1) House keys. I don't know about you but when I meet someone for the first time I don't immediately invite them into my home or give them carte blanche
in the house when they do visit. Family members from teens onwards would get them as a matter of course but they could easily become part of the popularity or romance paths, in particular romance, as the giving of keys to a girl/boyfriend could be a precursor to the move-in proposal.
2)Much, Much, Much better Ai. If I leave my sims alone for a few seconds, they immediately start dancing as it's the thing they have most enthusiasm for. They'll then dance until they drop unless I intervene. Basic life skills (in teens onwards) and an ablity to "do something different for a change" should be built-in.
3)If you really want to do the school/work thing, then why not have that time pass quickly (as it does in the game if all your sims are doing it) but then have what free time you have pass at a more realistic rate. I'm not talking real-time here but, say, fifteen minutes real time to an hour game time so it doesn't take an hour to hold a phone conversation or use the toilet (you know what I mean).
4) More owner content in game. I know you can produce a custom playlist for the radio and, with some effort, play custom video on the Tv but it could and should be so much easier. A player like Vlc, which can handle pretty much any sort of media is only a few Mb in size and surely couldn't be that hard to incorporate into the game. Likewise with the stereo. As well as custom playlists, why not include internet radio? Might be a bit hard on those with older systems but, again, surely not that hard. It won't matter what sort of music either as the sims will use the same dance moves regardless.
5) Different dance moves.
    Sorry for the lenghty ramble. This is my first post here and the reason I don't post on forums that often is that I will go on and on and on without neccessarily sticking to the thread and this annoys some people.  Wink
pennyhugo

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 26, 2008, 12:14:33 am »

hehehe loved it Cheesy
Sim2Kid405

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2008, 06:03:18 am »

Ok comments welcome, but here is on thought on The Sims3, Wouldn't it be great that when they finished the product and ready to be release that they put this option in it.

*Check this Option to install Sims 3 if you don't have Sims2 install.
*Check this Option to install Sims 3 if  you have Sims2 installed and will migrate your town and city to Sims3 Neighborhood, all your downloads will be there, you won't have to start out new, you can continue with your family that you was playing.

and of course there be some more notes like Please take out all hacks and the cep, we have included the cep for your custom content to show up in the game,  the game will come with cars.

Wouldn't it be great if they have an option to migrate The sims2 into the sims3?
and all downloads works in sims3, of course the hacks will have to be removed till the community makes some hacks for the sims3, I really think they should make this option, cause I'll will buy it and install it and play it, and i'll probably unstalled the sims2 and play sims3, and the Sims2 game will goto my archive like the first sims game did, hadn't installed it or played it again, probably be the same thing for the sims 2. but maybe i'll keep it installed and if i'm in the mood to play the sims2 what they don't have in the sims3 yet ill go back there and play it, I just hope they add season to the sims3 orignal game not in an expansion pack.

Who\'s your daddy Sims
PnJz

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 26, 2008, 02:43:03 pm »

Does anyone know what specs your computer will have to have to run this game?  Any idea? Thanks in advance. Smiley
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2008, 05:57:50 pm »

Quote from: PnJz;1225277
Does anyone know what specs your computer will have to have to run this game?  Any idea? Thanks in advance. Smiley

Right now I don't think that anyone knows anything!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 05:58:31 pm by kevida97 » Logged

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
lynz4tex58

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 26, 2008, 08:16:41 pm »

lupine, loved your rant and couldn't agree with you more. Wink

Oh, mirror in the sky.... What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life~~
demeterloves2

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 27, 2008, 01:32:24 am »

You know...While I want to see SO much more done with this game, I'm not sure Sims 3 is going to be an improvement. Now, I won't know till I play it, of course, but I just know that what I'm reading doesn't sound much like the game I've grown to love. I mean...I would love to see more social interactions, yes. However, I want to keep what we have with The Sims 2 and branch out from there. I don't want it to change all-together.
For example, I want parents to be able to hold their baby and rock them to sleep when they are fussy. It would be awesome to sing a little Lullaby or something, too! I know that EA could be A LOT more creative if they took the time.
I realize what they are trying to do and that there are many that probably like their new ideas. However, there are many that like the game as it is and just want more options...Not a completely different game. I personally get tired of the balloon above their heads, too, but I don't exactly want it to go away. I mean, it's hard enough to figure out what the hell they are talking about! Tongue
Another concern of mine with Sims 3 is having to do with animals, weather, automobiles, and hobbies. These are things that I love, love, love about Sims 2. What if we don't have all that in Sims 3? What would be the point? EA said it themselves, Pets was the most profitable Expansion. I have yet to hear anything about pets in Sims 3.
I guess what I'm saying is, I don't want to see it all go away just for a little more social interaction and whatever else they are promising us.
Oh yeah...What's this I hear about another Expansion or Stuff having to do with Apartments?? I know it was supposed to come out this Fall...Is that not happening? Sad

"Damn the man, save the Empire!" - Empire Records (movie) :headbang:
Sim2Kid405

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 27, 2008, 03:25:14 pm »

Quote from: demeterloves2;1226054
You know...While I want to see SO much more done with this game, I'm not sure Sims 3 is going to be an improvement. Now, I won't know till I play it, of course, but I just know that what I'm reading doesn't sound much like the game I've grown to love. I mean...I would love to see more social interactions, yes. However, I want to keep what we have with The Sims 2 and branch out from there. I don't want it to change all-together.
For example, I want parents to be able to hold their baby and rock them to sleep when they are fussy. It would be awesome to sing a little Lullaby or something, too! I know that EA could be A LOT more creative if they took the time.
I realize what they are trying to do and that there are many that probably like their new ideas. However, there are many that like the game as it is and just want more options...Not a completely different game. I personally get tired of the balloon above their heads, too, but I don't exactly want it to go away. I mean, it's hard enough to figure out what the hell they are talking about! Tongue
Another concern of mine with Sims 3 is having to do with animals, weather, automobiles, and hobbies. These are things that I love, love, love about Sims 2. What if we don't have all that in Sims 3? What would be the point? EA said it themselves, Pets was the most profitable Expansion. I have yet to hear anything about pets in Sims 3.
I guess what I'm saying is, I don't want to see it all go away just for a little more social interaction and whatever else they are promising us.
Oh yeah...What's this I hear about another Expansion or Stuff having to do with Apartments?? I know it was supposed to come out this Fall...Is that not happening? Sad

It possible that Apartments will be the last expansion pack and i'm sure there have another stuff pack coming out, remember expansion pack's comes out every 6 months and sims3 is due out in a year time so i wouldn't see why not there be another expansion pack.

Who\'s your daddy Sims
PnJz

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 27, 2008, 03:28:20 pm »

I don't think they're going to take away the Pets. They'll just save everything for an expansion pack.
I think you're right though demeterloves2.  I'd like some more intimacy between the characters and choices.
And lupine made some good points also.  Why does it take a Sim over an hour to pee and/or poo?  It's absurd.  It takes them way too long to do simple things and they get carried away with others.  Like playing the piano until they're almost dead. What gives? Or standing there waving their arms at me when they have to pee and there's a bathroom right next to them.
I think those stupid things should be fixed but like the above post says, not to the point where it's no longer the same game.

I miss the dance cage from the original Sims.  I loved that dance cage and the way they copped serious attitude whenever they'd dance in it.  
It never failed to crack me up. I hope they bring that back into Sims 3.

I hope the computer specs for the game aren't too outrageous.  I just got a new computer.  If all I have to do is buy Vista for the Direct X 10 then I'll be happy.  If I don't even have to do that much then I'll be even happier.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 27, 2008, 06:29:59 pm »

Lupine that was a good read,and I totally agree with you too 100%.:thumbup:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:34:14 pm by Spookylicious » Logged

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
kacidama

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 28, 2008, 03:22:18 am »

Quote from: Sim2Kid405;1224833

Wouldn't it be great if they have an option to migrate The sims2 into the sims3?
and all downloads works in sims3, of course the hacks will have to be removed till the community makes some hacks for the sims3, I really think they should make this option, cause I'll will buy it and install it and play it, ...I just hope they add season to the sims3 orignal game not in an expansion pack.

It wouldn't be possible to transfer Sims2 to Sims3 because they will use different coding.

The only way I would get Sims3 was if they used what we already have in Sims2 as a building block = that is there will be pets and weather in the base game so we don't have to start over but as the EPs are such a money-spinner (and EA is only about the $$$$) I doubt it

Money can't buy you happiness but it makes being miserable more comfortable
btm

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 28, 2008, 04:14:40 am »

I'm in the wait and see camp....

I'm a huge fan of Neverwinter Nights 1, but I think the second one is rubbish...and I am hoping sims 3 won't follow down that path...prettier environmental graphics but such ugly, ugly avatars....

But speaking of NWN, I would have loved to see the sims 3 take the NWN model of Multiplayer. No central game world, but I could invite you and maybe 8 or 16 other people into my neighborhood (hosted on my machine) and you could do the same....with some sort of site to match hosts with guests, a la Game Spy or some such...sadly this isn't going to happen...

That said in both NWN and Sims, I'm a CC junkie, so they are gonna need one seriously powerful self customizer widget or the ability to add CC from other users or I'll never get into it...I hadn't played the Sims 2 in a couple years, then just on a lark I stumbled across this sight, and it was CC creators like Warlokk, Marvine, and Beos who got me to reinstall the whole shebang and get all the EP's and SP's....

I have high hopes, tempered with lowered expectations....
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 29, 2008, 02:34:24 am »

Quote from: PnJz;1226841
I miss the dance cage from the original Sims.  I loved that dance cage and the way they copped serious attitude whenever they'd dance in it.  It never failed to crack me up. I hope they bring that back into Sims 3.

http://www.simwardrobe.com/
Sims2/Objects/Other Objects
He made the dance cage for Sims 2

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
PPR

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 29, 2008, 06:19:42 am »

If the rumor mentioned in this thread about Sims 3 being DirectX 10, then it is going to be expensive for me.  DirectX 10 is being billed as only useable with Windows Vista (which I have resisted buying because of poor word-of-mouth).  This basically means before I can play it on my computer, I will have to buy:

--MS Vista ($100)
--New video card for DX10 (>$100)
--New mother board, because DX 10 cards mostly us the new PCI-E slot (>$80)
--New power supply, because new video cards suck up a lot of power ($40)

In short, I could buy a bare-bones computer for less.  And that doesn't even take into consideration the cost of the game.

This sort of indirect cost would certainly cause me to think twice about buying the game.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: April 29, 2008, 10:07:57 am »

^^ Yeah... they still said it should run on "granny" PCs, but I'll believe that when I see it.  That's far too much money spent just to enjoy a game... the expansions and base games themselves are more than enough when you add them all together. :lol:

Anyways, a little off the subject, but I happened to find this neat little YouTube clip of something called "Artificial Girl 3" while browsing the site for more interesting clips.  (Don't ask what it is exactly... never heard of the name until now.  :dontknow:)  Let's just say, if you look closely at every option on the girl's face that's being changed, Sims ain't got nothin' on it yet.  You can even adjust more on the EAR length.  The EARS for crying out loud!  And all without making them look so mis-shapened from resizing the whole ear.  Even the iris of both eyes can be adjusted without making a new skin for them.  :shock  

I always thought that there was yet to be something to rival the new-age sims games and their facial customization, but I've found it.  And that's usually a hard thing for me to say.  Step your game up, EA.  You're slipping.  :lol:

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: