Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:07:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158088 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: May 02, 2008, 02:53:59 pm »

:smile bi:  Alrighty.  :lol:  I just thought a few minutes after I posted, I had let my "know-it-all" moment take the best of me... :laugh:  Sorry 'bout that!

ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 02, 2008, 03:18:57 pm »

or in england where you get about 50 seasons in one day!

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
fatimatillah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2008, 04:02:04 am »

Ok, lets keep this thread on track... Ok, I got nuthin' to say now... So, that's it. New EP... Yup. :neutral:

I Cats!!! :cat: <(^_^)>
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 03, 2008, 07:10:51 am »

I just wish EA would get off of thier collective butt and give us more information!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
maniac19642003
« Reply #349 on: May 03, 2008, 03:19:23 pm »

ebgames.com has TS3 for pre-order right now and has a ship date of 4/7/2009
Spookylicious

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 03, 2008, 05:52:40 pm »

Quote from: btm;1230705
It won't be out by then, I don't think, but we'll probably have moved past the "buzz" stage and be hearing some solid information...XP's product sales life ends in June, so I imagine by septemper/october MS should be putting out some official press releases

That's really a bummer.I was hoping it would be out by then,but if it's not I guess I will just have to purchase my new computer with Vista.

~•♥•~~•♥•~Chillin Like A Villain ~•♥•~~•♥•~
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 04, 2008, 12:07:18 am »

Quote from: clcny20;1163940
You know what really kills me?  If you go to any forum for the Sims 2, any one of them at all, you'll see that an overwhelming percentage of players are NOT ready for Sims 3 to come out yet.  

I mean, I know it's all about EA making money, but aren't they worried that this might actually HURT their profit?  I mean, I know that I won't buy S3 until I can modify things easily (I get tired of the shipped-with custom content quite easily, especially when my pictures and my sims start to look just like everyone elses) or at least one expansion pack comes out.  

I saw the youtube preview of the sim playing it on his computer, and I have to say that I'm not really impressed.  Not at all actually.  The sims that I saw in the CASIE screen there reminded me of that South Park episode where the people from the future come back in time to get jobs, and they were this weird mixture of all the races, giving them all the same features, and even skintones--they just look spooky.  

The only differences I saw was the ability to change shoes, and--as someone mentioned before, no chat bubbles above their heads...big woop.  

Why can't they just work on having that done with Sims 2?  

I'd love to see toddlers be able to do things that children can do (blow bubbles, ballet, dance on their feet, cartwheel, throwing a ball, running, playing tag, playing patty cake, etc.), and that's just to name a few.  I sincerely hope they have hair meshes that come with alpha options to make hair more see-through (for ethnic hair, and even light curls).

I just think there's so much left to be done on Sims 2, and that rather than improving upon it, they're just scraping the whole thing and starting over with MORE bugs, something that's going to pretty much call for a new computer, not to mention new tools to aide in making custom content.  It's stupid, and just way too soon.

Yeah..i agree. I'm not at all ready for a new version to attack the market. I'm quite content with the way the Sims is already (well there are a few things that i would want a little different, but not enough for an entire new version). That sad part is that, I really don't see how it could be improved, at least i don't see enough to justify a new version. From the Sims to the Sims 2 there was plenty, but what all absolutely positively needs to be changed that can't be accomplished with an expansion pack?
kacidama

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 04, 2008, 02:33:09 am »

Ok I have been playing GTA4 for the past few days and all I can say is EA had better come up with some serious graphics for Sims3.  The detail in GTA4 is incredible - oh and Rockstar have been using open neighbourhoods like forever but in this game there is no screen delay when entering/leaving a building!!
IGN gave it 10/10 - unheard of in recent years.  Ok GTA4 is on the console (I am playing it on Xbox360 which is supposed to be the least favourable platform but I am still blown away) and Sims3 will be on the pc - but I play GTA San Andreas and Vice City on the pc - and the attention to minutiae is second to none.
I don't want to hi-jack the thread by writing a review here lol - there are plenty about - all I wanted to say is that I can't see Sims3 coming anywhere near a lot of games that are already out there for the look, feel and playability.

EA must be quaking as they have made a hostile takeover bid for TakeTwo - the publishers of GTA Wink

Money can't buy you happiness but it makes being miserable more comfortable
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 04, 2008, 06:10:33 am »

NOOOO dont say GTA4 is good- now i will have to have it! lol

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 04, 2008, 06:33:59 am »

You know, I couldn't care less about graphics is TS3 (or any sims franchise for that matter) than I do about playability. What I mean by that is that I'd sacrifice some graphics to have more interactions (either personal, social, or evironmental). The graphics, in my poinion, should be second (albeit a VERY CLOSE second) to the playability.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 07:06:12 am by kevida97 » Logged

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: May 04, 2008, 12:57:11 pm »

We don't know, nobody (except EA-people) has any idea what the computer requirements will be, so we don't know what kind of a computer or laptop you need either.
You'll have to wait on more info, if you want to know that. :/

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

maniac19642003
« Reply #356 on: May 04, 2008, 01:32:13 pm »

Found on snootysims just now:

"I'm never sure in which amount the polls on this site contribute in BBS/Forum discussions, but this topic (EA ignoring the community) was sure a heated one. The boss of the Sims team, Rod Humble replied to one of these threads saying they indeed listen. Below a quote:

"Let me assure you that the Sims 3 first and foremost will deliver the same core Sims gameplay you love and have enjoyed for years. The Sims 3 will add to your creative control and ability to craft your game the way you want, not diminish it"

Read the entire message here: Rod Humble message"
kacidama

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 04, 2008, 09:28:52 pm »

And if you believe that you will believe anything :roll:

If you read the 2 part interview with Mr Humble on RPS (linked by Snooty Sims) and read the post on the BBS in full it tells a different story.

If the droids at EAxis are really taking note of what the community is saying, wtf are they still releasing crappy, buggy EPs?  This does not inspire confidence in Sims3 if they still can't get Sims2 right.

As for the panacea about the other EPs from Sims1 they haven't (yet) reproduced in Sims2 - it might keep the sheeple happy to think that EAxis are going to continue producing EPs for Sims2 after the release of Sims3 but unless the proposed date is going to be pushed back for some reason then there won't be any MM or Superstar (and why would we want it?)

As long as Sims is profitable EAxis will do as they like - regardless of what the community wants

Money can't buy you happiness but it makes being miserable more comfortable
DEVOTEDSHERPER

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 04, 2008, 09:34:11 pm »

The sims 3 why do they look so plasic
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 05, 2008, 07:32:16 pm »

Quote from: kacidama;1234668
And if you believe that you will believe anything :roll:

If you read the 2 part interview with Mr Humble on RPS (linked by Snooty Sims) and read the post on the BBS in full it tells a different story.

If the droids at EAxis are really taking note of what the community is saying, wtf are they still releasing crappy, buggy EPs?  This does not inspire confidence in Sims3 if they still can't get Sims2 right.

As for the panacea about the other EPs from Sims1 they haven't (yet) reproduced in Sims2 - it might keep the sheeple happy to think that EAxis are going to continue producing EPs for Sims2 after the release of Sims3 but unless the proposed date is going to be pushed back for some reason then there won't be any MM or Superstar (and why would we want it?)

As long as Sims is profitable EAxis will do as they like - regardless of what the community wants

To "piggy-back" off of that, it seems that Mr Humble had just opened his account that day and has made only ONE post. If his post wasn't a PR stunt then I don't know what is!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: