Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:36:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158021 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 11, 2008, 07:02:39 am »

So they've backed off on the 10 day validation. That is not the same as not putting Securom on all their games. They fully intend to, and they're not telling you this. They didn't say they were, merely that some of it wasn't going to be.

It's supposed to make you feel better about using Securom. I am not going to buy anything with that on it, no matter how they wrap it up and package it. It is still invasive and destructive software, and anyone who believes that it is for the good of the consumer is kidding themselves. It is for EA's benefit and profit.

In my opinion, they're hiding their true intentions and deceiving everyone as to the scope of their invasive copy protection.

Caveat Emptor.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:04:00 am by MaryH » Logged

simdude

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 11, 2008, 11:31:52 am »

Quote from: Kotaku
— We authenticate your game online when you install and launch it the first time.
— We'll re-authenticate when a player uses online features, downloads new content or a patch for their game.

It's the same thing.

I don't have an internet connection on my computer = I can't play it = I won't buy it.
kacidama

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 11, 2008, 06:27:29 pm »

Quote from: MaryH;1240807

It's supposed to make you feel better about using Securom. .... It is for EA's benefit and profit.

Actually it is for Sony's benefit and profit but I agree with you and there is no way I am getting Sims3

Simdude = it does say you can play offline - although you will need internet access to patch - but that also applies to Sims2

Money can't buy you happiness but it makes being miserable more comfortable
simdude

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2008, 12:41:42 am »

Quote from: kacidama;1241322
Simdude = it does say you can play offline - although you will need internet access to patch - but that also applies to Sims2

Quote from: kotaku.com
— We authenticate your game online when you install and launch it the first time.

Quote from: simdude;1241016
I don't have an internet connection on my computer = I can't play it = I won't buy it.

As I said, I don't have a net connection on my computer, so I won't be able to install the game since it requires ONLINE authentification when you install it and first launch the game.

And how the heck this thing applies to Sims 2 ? I have all the patches, expansion packs and stuff packs installed and I don't have internet on my PC.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2008, 07:03:42 am »

It doesn't right now apply to Sims 2-we're talking about the newest version of Securom, which will possibly apply to Sims 3, but definitely for Spore and Mass Effect. This version is far more insidious and invasive than the one they're shipping with Sims 2's EP's, and will require you to go through hoops to get the game to work at all.
This version will require that if you want to download any stuff that you have an internet connection and a validation code.
If you're not getting any of those titles, don't worry, but be prepared for the inevitable, which will be the newest version of Securom on all PC games.

sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 12, 2008, 11:04:52 pm »

I had to authenticate for the first time when I installed Bon Voyage and FreeTime on my computer...
maybe it was just me...

simdude

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2008, 12:58:53 am »

Quote from: sumpsychochic;1242532
I had to authenticate for the first time when I installed Bon Voyage and FreeTime on my computer...
maybe it was just me...

Online authentication is not the same thing as inserting the serial number. You don't have to be connected to the internet to punch in the serial, while for the online authentication you do.
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2008, 02:22:17 pm »

well, i guess mine checks for internet connection everytime because I downloaded one of the expansions from the eadownloader.. so it checks it everytime I think. If not every time, I know it checked it at least the first time.

raindrops84

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2008, 11:20:15 am »

Yea I got BV through the EA downloader since I bought it online and vowed that I would never do that again! It's terribly invasive and I hate it sooo much... BUT this securom deal... sigh... I honestly believe that this is the way games (and other software) will be authenticated in the future which is a huge disappointment to say the least. Even if they pulled away from the every 10 day authentication deal, this is just the beginning of the nightmare…

That being said… I DO still see myself purchasing Sims 3. *shame* For me it’s the social reactions and interactions that pull me in. In Sims 2 if a sim comes over and visits for example, some go right for the computer and just stay there the whole time instead of visiting so I have to lock the door to the computer room from visitors… that drives me crazy!!

Also as a side not from previous posts I was reading, I really don’t think CC will be completely eliminated. The way I understand it is that the game will be more customizable in the sense that, recolors of existing items will be easy to do. New items/meshes would still be needed!!

Keep your words soft and tender for tomorrow you may have to eat them ~ Author Unknown

Join the fight against SecuROM-> http://reclaimyourgame.com/
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 15, 2008, 05:18:26 am »

http://securom.sublimesims.net/

If you want more information about this issue, check out this website.

raindrops84

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2008, 10:13:37 am »

Quote from: MaryH;1244830
http://securom.sublimesims.net/

If you want more information about this issue, check out this website.

Just a small mention to everyone, following advice found on the quoted website above, I will be writing (by hand) a letter and mailing it to EA about Securom and would urge everyone else to do the same!!

The site has sample letters for you to base yourself on plus tips and if you go to the "Securom Must be Destroyed Forum" under General Discussion, there is a thread called Snail Mail campaign that lists the addresses for EA headquarters.

Thanks MaryH for the link!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:21:01 am by raindrops84 » Logged

Keep your words soft and tender for tomorrow you may have to eat them ~ Author Unknown

Join the fight against SecuROM-> http://reclaimyourgame.com/
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2008, 11:01:53 pm »

You're more than welcome-as one of the members of that forum, and the website, I urge everyone who has a story to tell, or a complaint about SecuRom to sign up at the site, and join us. We're looking to start the campaign of 1000 letters to EA requesting that they not have the newest version of SecuRom in their games. We need your help and we'd love to hear from all of you!

baddboy

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 16, 2008, 09:11:01 am »

Does anyone know if this new version of SecuRom will also be in the Apartment Life (the next Sims 2 expansion pack)?

Any time you predict failure you have an excellent chance of being right - Dexter Morgan (Jeff Lindsay)
Nyane

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 16, 2008, 01:43:09 pm »

I´m want to know how the children, toddlers, infants and teenagers gone be.... They are my favorite on The SIms 2. I´m "sad" that I didn´t find any pictures of that sims ages. They are only adult pics.
SVT

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 16, 2008, 01:57:13 pm »

Quote from: MaryH;1245628
You're more than welcome-as one of the members of that forum, and the website, I urge everyone who has a story to tell, or a complaint about SecuRom to sign up at the site, and join us. We're looking to start the campaign of 1000 letters to EA requesting that they not have the newest version of SecuRom in their games. We need your help and we'd love to hear from all of you!

I'll sign your letter. pm when you start the procedure.

:stop:SECUROM MUST BE DESTROYED:stop:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: