Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:39:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158098 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roivelez

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 01, 2008, 08:53:52 pm »

hey guys.. check this site out for more the sims 3 info.

http://www.infinitesims.com/news.html#.

oh.. and there are some sites posted there that wants support for the removal of securom. Smiley

they also have a debate there. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 08:56:02 pm by roivelez » Logged

Don't Fight Forces. Use Them.
simdude

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 05, 2008, 07:39:36 am »

Quote from: MaryH;1261606
The door is open to everyone. All you need to do is register-and it's simple to register-there's no barred door. Why do you think is isn't open to everyone? Can you explain that? I'm interested because I'm one of the members of the forum-I wrote the official front page (while it was up) and I am involved in the more intense campaigns.

Everybody should be able to post on this matter, without registration.

Quote from: MaryH;1261606
We're going to be running a letter's drive, and an official printed petition drive (this is premature only by a couple of days) and if you think that it won't make a difference, hundreds of people have been reading our site and seeing what we're doing.

I wasn't referring to the impact on your site's page hits count.

Quote from: saraswati;1261658
hey Simdude

There's no barred door.. you're able to read any of the articles on the site without registration. You only need to register IF you want to submit an article to our site, or if you want to join our fourm and get involved in the actions we're planning.

Hey Saraswati, that wasn't my metaphor, someone else wrote that.

Quote from: Paden_Panther;1262138
If you can't be bothered to look around and inform yourself on what's been going on, then enjoy that thousand, whatever currency your country has, paperweight, because sure as corn grows in the fields and old men like taking naps, one way or another, Securom is going to cause you or someone that you know problems. It's a good site, you ought to take the time to read. You don't have to join to read, as Sara and Mary said earlier, but if you have something to say or a question to ask, it's not that big a hassle. I was posting less than two minutes after I joined. If you wanna know what happened to my good gaming computer, the one I was sooo darn proud of last year, check it out.

I don't know exactlly whom this post was aimed at, moderator, but in case it was me:  BLOW ME !

Quote from: MaryH;1262221
Just one last thought-SimDude, you had to register here to get the posting privileges, did you not? Was that hard? Of course it wasn't-and neither is registering for our site.

I registered here because i wanted to. At the other site i intended to go and help others, offer my support and stuff. Grabbing stuff from here is a privilege. Helping others is not a privilege, it should be free.

Quote from: MaryH;1262221
Our site is set up almost exactly like every active forum site and we don't try to make life hard for anyone.

Quote from: simdude;1261430
That's nice as an initiative and all but, to me, that's a no go.

I didn't say that your site isn't set up almost like every active forum site and you try to make life hard for everyone, what i said was:
To me, that's a no go.

Bottom line is, i don't want to sign up to offer my help. Offering help should be free.

What i meant by this:
Besides, even this securomsublime site requires registration, how can you expect people to join in on a cause when the door isn't open to everybody.

is that a registration shouldn't be required for starting up a posse.

But, after seeing the hate-replies from you all, i don't want to have anything to do with you people, even though, technically, we're on the same side of the barricade.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 10:50:16 am by simdude » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: June 05, 2008, 10:01:46 am »

:eh:  It's really not that hard to do... but it's your choice, so I'm not going to be one to try and change your mind.  They aren't asking you to dish out money in order to join, so I don't see a problem with simple sign-up registration.  Besides, if it was a free-posting no-reg board, the boards would be infested with spam like no tomorrow by this moment.  :lol:

One more thing... I don't think anyone intended an attitude with you... so why call it hate-replies when they were offering a simple explaniation on how the site works?  :scratch:

simdude

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 05, 2008, 11:00:59 am »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1267125
One more thing... I don't think anyone intended an attitude with you... so why call it hate-replies when they were offering a simple explaniation on how the site works?  :scratch:

I'm sure you don't.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: June 05, 2008, 11:36:27 am »

Huh?

What, that I don't consider it hate-replies?  Those aren't even near to "slight dislike" even in my book.  :rofl:  Hate replies are ones where they attack you as a person, and knock everything you say down completely with malicious intent.  I see nothing where they directly attacked you and your integrity, just everyone explaining how the site works.  They just wanted to clarify what goes on.  Nothing more.  :angel:

Believe me, if you consider all that hate, you've seen nothing yet.  Far worse out there than the above... trust me.  Sad

Anyways, getting back on topic (sort of), I've sent my letter of displeasure out just a few minutes ago.  May not mean much, but the more people speak out about Sims products and SecuRom being together, there may be a slight chance.  Who knows, maybe if this whole thing gets big enough, there may be just enough of a push for them to reconsider and find another anti-piracy program for Sims 3.  Like I said in another thread, it's bad when things turn around all of a sudden and you end up finding how much more emotionally involved in a thing than you intended to.  Even when you really aren't directly affected by it, still has some way to strike some sort of nerve.  :dontknow:

YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 05, 2008, 01:05:36 pm »

This thread is sliding off topic, and unfortunately, my post now isn't about to help.

Simdude, you have not been personally attacked by anyone in this thread and you need to chill out.  You also need to apologize for your completely unwarranted attack on the moderator Paden Panther and for your choice of language.  This is not the adult site and even if it were, people behave there with civility and courtesy and the same is not only expected here, it is required.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 05, 2008, 11:01:57 pm »

I'm not saying that Simdude was right however it did seem that there was a dog pile on him. Okay so he said something you disagreed with and all of you had to "prove him wrong". Correcting his "faux pas" was one thing but they did eventually turn the electricity to Ted Bundy's electric chair off!

Anyway let's all be friends again shall we?

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 06, 2008, 07:41:08 am »

Amen to that !
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: June 06, 2008, 10:53:21 am »

Alright... we'll leave it there.  No sense in starting anything else in it, and I realize saying anything else isn't going to make things better, but worse.  Sorry it came off to some more as an attack than anything else.  Sad

Back on the subject of Sims 3... just curious on when the next update to the teaser site will be... one little screenshot, not much more info.  I hate it when people tempt me into wanting to know more about a game I'll probably never get... darn business tactics.  :doh:

ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 09, 2008, 08:31:57 am »

ive always thought in my little day dreams - as EA previews to be like looking at a "hot girl" from far away and as you get closer and closer to the real thing.. it gets a lot less pretty and much more disspointing.

I really dislike the way EA tempt me with a glimpse of this "hot girl" and i end up in bed with groucho marx.....

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
eeebee

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 05, 2008, 07:53:00 am »

Quote from: ktggoodnight;1271257
... tempt me with a glimpse of this "hot girl" and i end up in bed with groucho marx.....

At least Groucho was funny... or is this an allusion to his painted on mustache: 'Not only is he not the "hot girl" you expected, but his prominent feature, the mustache, is mostly fake too.'
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2008, 05:34:37 am »

Hey now Groucho was hot!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 10, 2008, 05:17:05 pm »

My biggest concern is that TS3 is going to be just like TS2: better graphics, somewhat expanded story, but you have to buy expansions, stuff packs, and update CC in order to get anything extraordinary. I mean, think back to TS1 with all its stuff (pets, vacations, differently-shaped staircases, etc.) and then TS2 when it first came out. It was all very limited in my opinion. I was kind of annoyed that TS2 didn't feature curved staircases or some of the other (in my opinion) simple things that TS1's later expansions had.

I don't expect TS3 will have all the things TS2 and TS1 had (at first), but a little more than shinier graphics and basic (mismatched) items would be nice.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: July 14, 2008, 08:46:08 pm »

Hello

here is a nice little update for the sims3 website with a nice little video i just watch the video and there are some features from season like fishing sims talk on cellphones be sure to check the website

http://thesims3.ea.com/home.php

Have a nice day

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: July 14, 2008, 09:13:21 pm »

Thanks for the info!  (...may I still call you Pierre, RedRoseTea?  Your old username sort of grew on me, and it's kinda odd calling you by any other name.  :lol:)

I'm still heavily freaked out by those eyes, though... seems like you're looking into the eyes of demons for some reason... or maybe that's just me.  But what am I to judge?  I'm not getting anything EA anymore anyways, so I shouldn't be to bothered by it... but still... freaky!  :lol:

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34
  Print  

Jump to: