Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:23:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 buzz/gossip/rumours  (Read 158059 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: July 14, 2008, 09:16:48 pm »

i don't mind and when i saw the video it look like a sims2 Game but with nightlife season and bon voyage combine as 1 big Game.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: July 14, 2008, 09:31:04 pm »

I just watched the video, and I see what you mean by their eyes.

Very blank. They're devoid of any humanity or emotion.

They almost look possesed. Zomie like.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:31:33 pm by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 15, 2008, 02:55:35 am »

Maxis eyes have always made me feel that way. I'm sure there will be good default CC eyes put out for sims 3. Cheesy

Or at least I hope.

YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 15, 2008, 03:37:08 am »

EAxis has pulled this bait and switch before.  Their first videos of "Sims2" made us all think it would start as one big combination of House Party, Livin' Large, Hot Date, Unleashed, Vacation, and Making Magic.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 16, 2008, 08:40:54 am »

I have to agree with YANFRForm about EA's/Maxis' "bait and switch".

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
cruzer

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 16, 2008, 07:44:45 pm »

Greetings:

Over at http://ve3d.ign.com there is a new Sims 3 movie...Well, It's new to me...

I don't know if I am expecting to much-but Sim 3 looks more like Sims 2.5...

Not the big jump in eyecandy that I expected...
But we do have a while before it's released.

Cruz'd
:glasses7:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: July 16, 2008, 08:31:29 pm »

Sticky.  Wink

I'm sure a mod will move it there for you, but I believe this is the same movie that RedRoseTea posted a link to on the official site.  But the info you gave is still greatly appreciated.  :angel:

chumbly

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 17, 2008, 12:21:04 am »

Quote from: ktggoodnight;1294135
... tempt me with a glimpse of this "hot girl" and i end up in bed with groucho marx.....

Actually, I get the feeling looking at the Sims3 screenshots..that the fuglies are back in force..I sure hope that people can figure out how to do face templates and fast( and I sure hope nothing in the new face emotion software forces this look.)

If they look like this at the start, after two or three generations of whohoo,
I get the feeling the Sim Nation will look  it is against the law, to marry any
farther out than a first cousin.

"Does anybody have a reason, why this brother and sister shouldn't be bound in the state of holy matrimony  according to the laws of Sim Nation..." :smt120
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:24:06 am by chumbly » Logged
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 20, 2008, 12:52:09 pm »

Does anyone know if they're really going to have the SecuRom check the game every time you update the CC? To me that seems like such a waste of time, since the whole point of the Sims is, in my opinion, custom content.
X-Phile

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 22, 2008, 04:11:36 am »

I read that there was a statement from someone from EA that said that Securom will check when you download CC.
It was about Spore. So every time you download a creature from, my guess, EA's website Securom checks something:dontknow:.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: July 22, 2008, 08:29:42 pm »

I'm definitely missing maniac19642003's usual news updates right about now.  Seems like things are lacking without them.  Sad  Anyways, in case people have missed notice of this, Snooty Sims updated a few days ago with more info on the Sims 3 and the "Fanday" that EA had.  You can find more info here.  

To be honest, I'm even more disappointed about the features that seem to be "disappearing" from the game... I thought I'd be missing out on a few more things since I'm on strike, like hair growth, no "clothes spinning", and possible gradual aging and growth... but seeing as there's no possibility that they'll be included, this game is sounding more and more like a snazzed-up Sims 2 as they get closer in progress.  Maybe it's just me and my cynicism.  :?

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: July 22, 2008, 08:52:00 pm »

If anybody didn't know about this, thought I'd give the link

It's from TSR forums dedicated to the Sims 3.

Did I check pervious pages of this thread, no I didn't Smiley

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 23, 2008, 03:42:53 am »

While reading the TSR first preview of the Sims 3 a few things jumped out at me.

The first thing, in just the third paragraph, made my blood run cold:  "anything at all to do with custom content was taboo this time around. Obviously very much more solid detail will be released nearer the 2009 release and later this year when custom content is finalised and work starts on building out the tools."    So they don't even want to talk about custom content, that's nice.  And, they're going to tack on something for it at the end.  Definately not a high priority.

"Wishes replace wants" -- that's like saying happy replaces glad.

"Young adult is the new default age and is changed to represent life between 18 and 30 years. Adult now considered more 'middle age' and includes wrinkles." -- WHAT???   That's going to change the way most designers create textures, I'm sure.  (If we're still able to make custom clothes, anyway...)

"No Loading when changing Lots or families, as the simulator is running for all Sims, all the time." -- this isn't news about Sims 3, it's just the part I hate the most.

And this one - Difficulty levels per family (suggest how hard a family is to play based on personalities etc) -- What the Huh??  Difficulty levels?Huh?  In the sims?Huh?  It's not that kind of game!!!  What's next, scores?  Time limits?  "Little Jimmy has 5 minutes to catch a fish or he fails math and stays back a year."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:45:57 am by YANFRForm » Logged
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 23, 2008, 04:56:41 am »

Quote from: YANFRForm;1314346

...And this one - Difficulty levels per family (suggest how hard a family is to play based on personalities etc) -- What the Huh??  Difficulty levels?Huh?  In the sims?Huh?  It's not that kind of game!!!  What's next, scores?  Time limits?  "Little Jimmy has 5 minutes to catch a fish or he fails math and stays back a year."

:laugh:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: July 23, 2008, 07:41:49 am »

Mr. Humble did mention it was going to be similar to an MMORPG (if I put that right... :lol:) so that's a disappointment to me.  Sims is sims (simulation)... to be anything else is NOT Sims.  They would've been better of putting such an idea on the next-gen consoles rather than PC.  EA really is trying to get everyone to go in that direction, y'know.  :dontknow:

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34
  Print  

Jump to: