Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 03:30:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloading help  (Read 1935 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Aconite

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2008, 07:14:23 am »

i  have simular problems. theres a bunch of clothing, hair and a few mods that just wont show up :icon9: ive followed all the instructions given (in the case of mods), ive made sure to download meshes, ive enabled custom content when in game, and have made sure to unzip the file. Oh, and some furnitures playing up too.

So would i need to unrar the files??

I followed the link given by JayAngel, but i dont know what to download. :icon9: i always get stuck when things get technical. Playing the game, now, i can do that just fine :smile:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:48:12 am by Aconite » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:30:26 pm »

I moved this to it's own thread in the help section because it's not really a site issue per se, inasmuch as it's a problem you need help with.

Yes, you need to unrar/unzip the file. Winrar is here. Click on Downloads (on the left side of the page) and you'll be taken to the downloads page. If you want the latest beta version (3.80-still in testing) it's up at the top. If you want 3.71, just scroll down. It says 'trial' version, which means after thirty days you'll get a pop up window you'll have to click past.

7-zip is another program people use.

If you have all the meshes (double and triple check that), it could be the cc uses an EP or SP you don't have.

Are you unzipping to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads? And is your Downloads file spelled exactly as I've spelled it here (capital D and an s at the end). If not it will cause some cc to not show up.

You could also need the latest CEP for some of it to show up.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:34:53 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Aconite

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:31:23 am »

i always make sure ive got the right ep's nd sp's, so it cant be that, i have the latest CEP and i always make sure to save stuff in the right place... *scratches head*

After downloading something, i always open it up nd unzip it. Sometimes it says that the file cannot be opened :-| sometimes some of that stuff wont show up. But sometimes i do unzip something, and it still wont show up :icon9:

thankyou thankyou thankyou for helping :smile:
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 07:45:36 pm »

Sometimes the games act silly and do not show new cc we just added.

Try to delete your groups.cache file too as well as unzip and unrar all the files you got, it could solve part of your problems.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: