Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 08:15:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game not loading..  (Read 1545 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
murfwithjess

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2008, 08:18:23 pm »

hey all... well my game doesnt load up any more...

i recently put it a new motherboard and installed teen stlye, kitchen&bath, and home stuff.... i went to load my game and it didnt load up.. after 2 days, of taken things out from my downloads folder.. reinstalling the game.. i find out that it was NOT  my downloads folder but the neighborhoods... my old game with all me sims in it.. willnt load up!!!, but when i tke it out and put back the new (the neighborhood folder with nothing but maxis sims) it loads up, even with all me downloads and everything...

so is there a way to put back my old neighborhood folder.. or do i have to start ALL OVER A AGAIN... my poor little sims..i got sims at uni, i got sims that are pregnant, i got player sims..how do i tell them that there are going to be murder/put down to rest...

so any ideas on how to save my neighborhood??

SUCH AS LIFE..............ILL SLEEP WHEN IM DEAD!!!
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 12:55:25 pm »

If you backed up your game properly before replacing the mother board, simply restore it. If your board went down before you could back up the game, make sure that you have the exact same EP's and SP's installed as before or the old game will not work properly or at all. This is also true of the fist line I wrote. You cannot delete an EP or SP and keep the same game.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:00:12 pm »

Indeed, if when you did your back up you did not have Teen style or kitchen & bath or a new EP install, you must install with the exact same EP & SP combination for the back-up to work.

So you will probably have to uninstall and reinstall all to that point, install your back-up, check that everything is working and then add whichever new EP and SP you got after that back-up point and it should normally work.

Make sure to check that your mods are all up to date too for the latest EP or SP you install in terms of when it was release.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: