Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 03:30:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 1853 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
dlockett61

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2008, 05:38:40 pm »

I have a sims game on my computer, but I would like to set up another sims game. When I switch screens is it possible to have 2 different sims games on the same computer?  What I am trying to do is have a sims game all on its own and then be able to use my computer under the other identity for "computing".  After I get fully loaded then I would like to get rid of the sims on the first ID side and just use the second one for simming. I hope I didn't give anyone a headache trying to explain this.:smt120
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 05:42:57 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, you'll get a pop-up/warning saying the game is already running.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 06:04:19 pm »

I don't want them to run at the same time, on the first side, I want to eliminate that sims game, I only want it to run on the second side. But I haven't thought about what would happen to all the files I have on the first side. I test ran it on the second side and I didn't get a warning but I just want to be sure it's possible before I get rid of the first side.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 06:06:25 pm »

Misunderstood, sorry.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
dlockett61

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 07:06:57 pm »

It's fine, I think the way I'm explaining what I want to do is confusing lol. I was just trying to be sure I could do what I want to do before I get rid of the other game.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 07:31:43 pm »

It's fine to have multiple accounts set up with the game.  In fact, any account you set up on it will have access to the program files.  The difference in the games come in the My Documents/Documents folders.

When you delete the game off of your non-gaming account, do NOT delete the program files or uninstall the game.  Just delete any shortcuts and Start Menu entries as desired.  Same with the non-gaming account TS2 folders under the Documents path.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: