Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:11:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Need LOTS of hep!  (Read 1359 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LouieLove

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2008, 03:21:03 pm »

Ok here are all my Questions

1. I have been trying to download things onto my Sims game 4 a while and I FINALLY gave up being stubborn and actually spent the time on the web asking around. That’s when I found WinZip Soooo it helped a little I downloaded Houses, and  GORGEOUS sim's and lots of things from this site BUT I can only download thing that have a specific filename I think it was like simspack or something (??) anyway I REALLY wanted to download these 3 sets of multiple dazzling eyes but when it shows up on WinZip it says it cannot download it?Huh? AND when I went onto Sims it said custom content was found and only some of the things I downloaded where listed and THEN I started my game up again and I looked only one house was there and the sim I downloaded wasn’t but all her stuff except the hair was in the Make-A-Sim section. BUT the nursery set I downloaded WAS there. I downloaded stuff from Pimp-My-Sims.com...HELP! :sad4:

2. Ok well I feel bad I JUST got back into the swing of Sims again and I am glad BUT being on this site makes me feel bad. I don’t have many download AND I feel like the way I play seems is bad! Since I am not a pro at downloading I don’t have a lot of cool stuff. And I was downloading a girl from this site and one of the comments was "I want her but I don’t know where I can fit her in" I almost choked I have SOOOOO much room because I usually make a sim or a couple and put them all in the corner of Pleasentveiw or Downtown ANYWAY my Question is How do you guys handle having HUNDREDS of Sims?Huh? :smt120

3. If I have two Sims with custom genetics does there kid have custom
too?Huh?

4. Did any of you pros have this trouble w/ filling out your neihborhood? What are some suggestions??

5.Is it OK once i start having more and more custom sims to still have a couple ordanairy ones??

6. What are your guys's opinions on keeping the familys that are alredy there in the neihborhood ounce you start playing?? Like the pleasants??

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!:worship:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:42:26 pm by J00wish » Logged

Rock“All the lonely people, where do they all come from? / All the lonely people, where do they all belong?- Beatles” Rock
Evil Call Me Maddie  Evil
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 09:58:49 pm »

1.) Make sure you have an extractor program, like winzip, winrar or 7-zip. As for the custom content not showing up, it could be a few things. Make sure you have the latest colour enabler package installed. Some cc needs you to have it for your cc to show up. Make sure you have the mesh. Make sure the cc you're downloading doesn't require you to have an EP or SP you don't haven.

2. If you're new a playing, managing multiple families will just take time and practice. Smiley

3.)Yes, CC genetics seem to always be treated by the game as the dominant gene, except in the case of custom hair that has been binned.

4.) Filling a neighborhood is kind of like number 2. Takes times and practice to manage them all. It's also down to prefence. Some people don't like full neighborhoods. Alot of it, too, has to do with the computer you have and what it can handle. The more your put in your game, the harder it has to work.

5.) You mean maxis stuff? Absolutely, it's you're game, you can have what you like in it! Cheesy

6.) Do NOT just move them to the family bin and delete them if you decide you don't want them. That messes up your game because sims (both yours and the townies) will generate memories of having met them. Deleting them from your game will cause problems with those memories. Keep them in, if you want to play with them or have your seems interact with them. If not, just go from house to house and kill them off in clever ways. That way your sim memories won't get messed up and you can fill your graveyard with ghosts. Ooooooooh!

You'll not J00wish removed your address. That's a security step she took. With so many bots loose you risk getting your email filled with nasty spam. If you have more questions, that's fine. It's what the help section is here for. Just post them in this thread and one of our helpful folks will be happy to answer. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jackie202

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:55:48 am »

hey Louielove,

sorry to hear your having trouble! you said you use winzip right? it seems like you got the hang of it, since you got houses, and a nursery set and sims into your game, but there are easier ways of downloading.

i cant use winzip or winrar to save my life, but i found some other cool things that get CC into my game!!!

first, maybe you should try the Q-xpress

http://qxpress.modthesims2.com/
after you download it, and open it, you have two choices, either webinstall or local instal. i use local. i also make 2 new files. i call them file1 and file 2.
i make sure that whatever i downloaded goes into the first one, and leave the second on empty. now when you install you CC, open both olders. click local install on q-xpress, and drag something from you first folder to the second. once in there hit browse on qxpress and make sure you go into the second folder when the window pops up for it. click the file, and then open, and click install on the qxpress. then its downloaded. ive added a few extra steps becuase i believe it makes it easier to have to folders open this way you can seperate the files, and not get them mixed up of what you already installed. after i install each one, i throw it into my garbage, and do ti again.

or try the sims 2 file maid.

http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/SimFileMaid/index2.html
with the maid you will have to click and drag on the custom content, and drag it into the "lawn" the maid is standing on. once you do that she does ALL the work for you and puts your files exactly where you need them!

ive also noticed wityh my game, the cc doesnt always show up right away. sometimes it all does, sometimes only some, but then the next time i go to play its usually ALL there.

♥~♥~♥~My New Simmies!♥~♥~♥~ [/COLOR]

Want my sims? Download them Here
[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]:cya:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: