Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:12:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my game is loading but freezes when it reaches 70% of loading.  (Read 3417 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
margz

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2008, 10:27:43 am »

:sad4: hello again...help pls..i been playing my sims2 and it was running good already until i downloaded some items but the objects are said to be compatible to my game coz it requires only the base game..by da way i have the base game, university,nightlife,OFB,Family Fun Stuff expansions. i move my download folderto my desktop and run the game but still it freezes the game...:sad4: how can i play now..i dont know how to detect the problem? i have hacks also but they are all compatible to my game. kindly help me find out. thank you::smilieiforgetwhi::
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:40:38 am »

Marz, you did right by moving your downloads to the desktop. Next, you can also try deleting your groups.cache, accessories.cache and cigen.cache files. Those files can often get corrupted once deleted, the game will automatically regenerate after start up again.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
margz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:50:55 am »

hi...i did that already i the groups.cache, accessories.cache and cigen.cache files. but still when i tried to load my game its freezes on the "crenellating crenellations"... (somthing like that)
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »

Did you install the patches for each ep you have installed?

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 03:38:27 pm »

The problem could be in SavedSims.  Try moving it to the Desktop too.
margz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 08:34:49 am »

i tried playing my games without the download folder its working..i guess the problem is in my download folder:sad4: my problem now is i dont know how to look for the culprit even i have the clean installer i still find difficult to pin point which one causes the problem:sad4: i have to re download each one by one wheeww...any easy suggestions?
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 08:40:01 am »

Oh my, I've had to do that before, and it is tedious. The only suggestion I can offer it to add them back a few (say 10) at a time and check to see when the game crashes. As each group runs OK, transfer them into a high-order download sub-folder. I use @downloads, which makes it load first most of the time. Also try to put different categories into different sub-folders when you can. Such as clothing, hair, makeup, etc. It really helps. I also put all the hacks into a sub-folder called zhacks, makes it easy to remove them all for subsequent installations.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 08:54:31 am by jamesabrown1 » Logged
Amber J. Jeanpierre

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 11:46:18 pm »

It will not help you now but one thing I do to help organize my DLs is make a folder named something like 8-27-08 and then make folders named things like Insim, MTS2 etc and keep those on my desktop until I know the files all work properly. If something Crashes the game then you can go check the items you DL'd that day and take out the ones most likely to cause conflicts such as anything that changes your lighting config or any Global Mods. Then with those gone you can check to see if it loads. I will add pictures when PhotoBucket is working. I had these things happen too many times which is what inspired me to organize my files this way. If you knew what sites you DL'f from most recently I would say to go through those and move them onto the desktop or a folder elsewhere. Do you Organize you Download folder with subfolders? This is usually very helpful since they don't end up bunched with thousands of other files, I have 9000 files in subfolders.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 12:18:43 am »

Easiest way to do it: Split your downloads in half. Test each half on your game separately to see which have breaks your game again. Divide that half in half again and repeat until you've found it.

I have all my mods all in a separate subfolder in my game to pull them out. Same thing with my default replacements. I also have a third subfolder titled simply "New stuff", and keep everything new in there for a couple weeks until I'm sure they don't corrupt my game. Yes, a couple of weeks. Sometimes it take that long for your game to decide if it likes the new shiny or if it gives it the gaming equivalent of indigestion.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 12:21:56 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 12:18:48 am »

I have a folder called, New Downloads, anything new I download, the files get extracted to that. When I start my game up, if it crashes, I know exactly where to look. If I have more then one room set or whatever, I take them out, one by one until I find the bad file.

I learned to do that the hard way.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 12:22:12 am »

I've taught you well my young paduan Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 12:50:07 am »

Yes Ma'am, you did.

If you learn something new, pass it along. Smiley

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
margz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 12:26:47 am »

thank you...tyank you so much for all your help..i will try all yoiur suggestiins...Smiley
Amber J. Jeanpierre

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 01:14:04 am »

Sorry it took me so long but it wasn't photobucket that was the problem it was a nasty piece of Malware. So I couldn't upload anything anywhere nor could I send emails. So here goes Here is the pic of how I keep track of newest DL's by naming their main folder something like 8-27-08 and then using sub folders as well.

Here's how my DL folder Looks or Part of it LOL because it is Huge!

and this is how I keep track of the backed up zips and rars so I know what's in them in case of a malfunction or if the item doesn't look good in the game because they used photoshop.

I save the photo of the item using the exact same name so they show up in order and easy to find. I hope this helped for the future even though I know it won't help with the current problem. BTW if any other Angel fans are wondering I took the pic on my desktop at this year's Chicago Air and Water show.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:15:29 am by ScorpioMaurus » Logged
margz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 08:31:04 am »

thank you thats great!!!..what i did is that i make a new folder inside the downloads folder and name it @downloads..i hope it works...ive noticed that when i make a sims and moved it in the new downloaded house it crashes my game, but if i move them in the maxis house the games works fine..what seems to be the problem? i only download a house that is free of CC to be sure but still it wont work in my game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: