Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 11:44:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacks with AL  (Read 12768 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
austwickmc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 09:03:22 pm »

When I first installed AL I went into my vampire family and noticed the post box and garbage bin flashing blue so I came out of the game and then loaded the game again realizing that my CC was not enabled so I corrected it and tried to load my family again but it just froze!!!!
did some research on the web and found out to back up my downloads folder before installing any expansion packs so I went to my  C / my documents/ea  games/downloads folder to back everything up and found that my downloads folder had disappeared,(all other folders and files were there)I even tried system restore to get it back but to no avail

so now I am in the process of finding and downloading everything again
   :doh::doh:
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 09:36:30 am »

Over @ MTS2 there was a thread about the CEP, that causes certain (re)colours to disappear, like with the Ergo window. So its advised to choose whether you want colour options installed for CC, or play only with EA-Created stuff (no CEP) to get the missing colours back. Clicky

Also, InSim. Yes, as stated it does work alright - but the SIM edition gave me hassles with teleportation & the new teleport spell. With the SIM edition you cant use it. Not that you'll need to, since InSim teleported sims around way before EA did. Smiley

The OBJ edition is cool tho. Im (contently) using that until a update becomes available.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:39:06 am by Tomkat » Logged
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 01:59:54 pm »

Yip me too

got warnings with all the above Cep files

have backed everything up but was just gonna try and put stuff back bit by bit but if can do it faster by just removing these files then will try that first

I just removed all my hacks and mods first but when went into Belladonna cove and moved my test sim into an appartment she just stood there and refused to do any commands at all.

So you guys reckon if I just remove these should be ok ?

When went into my old neighbourhoods lots of my cc was flashing blue and cant understand why as all meshes are there - is this to do with the Cep files too ?

Anyways here goes nothing - will report back if any luck
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 07:51:45 am »

I'm playing with all my mods, hacks & CC, have not had AL long yet, so I haven't discovered "all" my probs yet, I don't think.
However, I cannot enter Aubrey Manor at all, when playing with my CC enabled. Game immediately crashes. I entered with all custom content disabled, to see what is included that might be new.

So I saw the humungous aquarium. Is this a buyable object? I have not yet seen it in my Buyable items, and was wondering if I had something that is conflicting with it.

Had a second crashing problem, after changing a lot back with the changelotzoning cheat - game crashed upon saving after having rezoned back to apartmentbase. This seems to be fixed now that I have uninstalled and reinstalled AL.

Something else that I noticed when I tested without CC, is that on the interaction pie menu KISS, there are new options, namely suck face and dance. These disappear with CC enabled. Funny, that!

Oh, my mailboxes also seem to be the usual ones, not the new apartment multimailboxes, when playing with CC.

Will have to fiddle with my mods and hacks when I have loads of time, which, unfortunately, I am very short of at the moment Sad
zilzos

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 09:35:25 am »

Yay - game works perfectly now I've taken out those pesky jobbies ^^^

saved me a lot of hassle - thanks fer the great advice
dragon_tfm

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:34 pm »

hmm i keeped all the cep extras since i installed the game and no problems as far as crashes i did add a few hacked objects one could be causeing a problem though taht it wasnt causeing previously (i had them in and played fine before problem showed up) my kids and teen seem to not have to go to school any more its not to bad actually since their grades stay put and teen can wotk with out having to worry about grades too   or atleast on apartment lots anyways since i had the pleasnts one their original lot for a bit and they did got to school but once i moved them out to an apartment  the bus quite showing up so if anyone has that problem let me know   i might have another hack that slipped though i cant find, i normally keep em all in a hacks folder but you never know

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008

please do not upload my creations anywhere else or claim them as your own thx!
Julie J

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 01:07:30 pm »

I'm having trouble with the Decorgal Modelling Hack since I installed AL
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 01:56:30 am »

Quote from: Julie J;1364220
I'm having trouble with the Decorgal Modelling Hack since I installed AL

Aw no - say it isn't so! :sad5:

No requests please
RanaAurora

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 03:40:27 am »

I deleted a couple mods and hacks before loading AL for the first time (namely - ones I didn't use or wanted removed anyway) and it seems to run just fine, even with plenty of hacks.

The only thing I'm confused about is why I can't find the "brush teeth" option anywhere.
kathy09

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 08:40:21 am »

I put the swinger bed and the mind control mirror in after playing A L for a few days and my game crashed so I took both out and I don't know which one caused it or if it was something else but the only other hack I have is  the merola painting that I put in right after installing A L and it has not caused any problems does anyone else have these hacks with no problems?
Julie J

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 10:28:33 am »

Quote from: Sadie79;1366287
Aw no - say it isn't so! :sad5:

I re-installed it and it's working fine now Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: