Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:47:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: So has anyone gotten Apartment Life yet?  (Read 32138 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 01:03:39 pm »

I got it today but, can't get it to install! Can anyone tell me where I can find my driver for the video card so I can see if I need to update that? I have an ATI Radeon.

Thanks!
Ldyvamp
mrbricole

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 03:09:58 pm »

Quote from: RedRoseTea;1353445
hello

i know that for me here in Canada the release date is august 28 but i will buy it thats for sure.

Thank you

Same here ! It has arrived at the EB Games in Ancienne-Lorette (Quebec City) so coming back from work, i'll get it then.
Or maybe at the one in Riviere-du-Loup since it's on my trucking route tomorrow if i have 5 minutes of spare time Smiley

I hope i'll like it !
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 04:15:29 pm »

Well, I just broke down and ordered it from Amazon, should have it Friday, but probably won't install it for a while yet!
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 05:07:03 pm »

I just got it and will have to install a no-CD before running it.
antaeusisin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 06:07:27 pm »

I've not posted in this forum before but wanted to give you a few of my observations on what happened so far in my game.  A lot of the custom content I have does not show up when I'm in the new neighborhood for this game; however, they are all there in the other neighborhoods just like before which I find extremely odd.  Also, remember the infamous floating head in the shower because you have a custom skin, etc.?  Well, it's baaaaaack in this game but only in the new neighborhood which is another oddity to me.

I imagine all the wonderful people who have created custom content for us will be able to fix this somehow but my overall impression is that I have a "normal Sims 2" game in the new neighborhood.

I'll look forward to reading on how to fix all of this.

Reno
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 06:09:12 pm »

I re-installed the Sims and the expansions last week, so I wasn't using many mods to begin with.  So far I had to remove inteen, but that's normal.  ACR however, ACR is working alright but it has a few bugs.  Apartment Life changed the kiss menu, there's now a "dance" option and a "suck face" option under the kiss menu.  So the acr kiss options will cause an error if used.  The woohoo and flirt options ACR tosses into the mix work fine however.  

AL also added a few other dance options, and that don't make a lot of sense.  Classic Dance doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  And slow dance seems to have changed a little, could be acr causing it to be buggy though.  I'll look into that later.

The apartments and condos will cause slower systems to bog down.

But on the bright side, this is supposedly the end for the Sims 2.  So once these bugs are worked out and once the mods are updated.  They won't have to be updated again.

rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 06:30:50 pm »

I just got back from target and got my copy i'll be installing it soon.
Semra

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 06:35:35 pm »

I've been playing it for awhile today. The apartments are pretty interesting, although I moved my sim into one that had a radio on the roof playing 24/7 that I couldn't remove. Needless to say, I moved my sim out pretty quick. :smt120

There's a ton of new stuff, like a cupboard which you can use to brush your teeth and wash your face, a heater, some new clutter, new paintings... there's also a huge new flatscreen TV and a little pet. Smiley Plus, there are all sorts of slides and climbing-racks for kids, too. People can jump rope for some fitness points and to build their bodyskill up.The new hair-additions are pretty boring, as usual.

I didn't encounter any real problems after installing, although I did remove ACR & InTeen and a few other hacks I wasn't sure about. I also had this pretty strange bug; there are all sorts of new things to learn from the bookcase (for example; fire safety, couple counseling, physiology) and after my new sim had learned all of those, she learned her normal skills like cooking and cleaning abnormally fast.

I haven't encountered any witches yet, and I have no idea how to turn my sim into one. :s I did see that HP over at MTS had put up a default replacement for their skins, though.

Download Semra / Clare / Scarlet / Paige / Gravis[/FONT]
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 07:07:21 pm »

Pescado's on board with the learning bug already working up a fix for it.  I believe he said it stemmed from the physiology studying.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 07:40:31 pm »

A few things to keep in mind.

When you're in apartment complex, some objects can't be moved.

For example, if you use acr and spawn the adjustor outside or in the lobby, you won't be able to move it.  You have to spawn the adjustor while you're inside of the apartment your sim is renting in order to move the adjustor around.  And of course the same thing goes for the other objects on the roof or in the lobby.

The dance under the kiss menu, still seems absurd.  But the dance option that opens a sub menu with "classic dance" listed, that appears to be hobby or badge oriented.  So I imagine as points are built up, more options are listed under that sub menu.

Sims2SoapStyle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 08:34:29 pm »

So, I went to Circuit City at Noon to get my copy and they weren't putting it out till 2PM and I wanted to get it there cause I THOUGHT they were giving the best deal price-wise.... HOWEVER my pregnant impatience got the best of me so I got it @ Target for a suprising 5 dollars LESS soo I was able to get my game and my favorite coffee beverage....

but I was bummed when I got home and couldn't install it so I uninstalled and reinstalled my Sims 2 but was a bit more choosy on the EP's I reinstalled. No University, OFB or SP's.. maybe near  Xmas I'll install the Xmas ones.

Melissa
*26*Married*SoapAddict*Sims2Addict*
simkitty

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 08:48:51 pm »

I just got this EP tonight and will install it after I read about the bugs.I mean after what happend too me with BV I am not taking any chances.
The box is kinda lame lookin IMO.And i'm not really into that whole witch thing,but I have a few college students getting ready too graduate so I might move them in a trashy Appartment..lol
I only a have 3 rich sims and they have homes so thier not going anywhere.
Can't wait too see the bug reports lol.

I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.
antaeusisin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 09:09:46 pm »

An Update: I tried rebooting my computer to see if the custom objects, etc., would finally appear and they did.  It seems that the Sim I used was an "existing" Sim (the ones that you import into the game that are already complete so to speak) and he still has the floating head(s) but at least everything seems to be working fine.

As already mentioned, don't expect exactly the same way of decorating to be used that you have done for elsewhere.  There are definitely some odd restrictions and trust me, some of those statutes look might strange in a small apartment since you cannot place them outside any longer on the apartment lots.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 09:26:57 pm »

There's someone over on MATY that actually wants to make a hack to get rid of witches.  I'm not sure why some have an issue with supernatural creatures, maybe a religious thing?

tellmewhatyoumeant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 09:31:09 pm »

I'm thinking about getting it. It's plausible that I might, but I dunno. It'll have to wait a bit before I get paid again. =)

you learn that you don't have the right to demand love on your terms, just to make you happy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: