Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 02:06:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: So has anyone gotten Apartment Life yet?  (Read 32729 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2008, 09:55:33 am »

Quote from: Alotta Paine X2;1356710
Is she going to stay invisible forever? ho hum. I took pictures but for some reason they didn't show up in the storytelling folder. EA you Suck.

If you have NL, try turning her into a vampire with a cheat, and make her fly= (bat).  When she pops back into sim form she should revert to her normal self
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:58:04 am by Tomkat » Logged
Alotta Paine X2

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2008, 01:35:53 pm »

Quote from: Tomkat;1356788
If you have NL, try turning her into a vampire with a cheat, and make her fly= (bat).  When she pops back into sim form she should revert to her normal self

Thanks for the info, I'll try it tonight.:-P

I think I had a mod that screwed up my game (same sex marriage). I took it out and  ran my game. My Simslut was still invisible, but when she went to work she turned visible. Hoooray!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:15:14 pm by Alotta Paine X2 » Logged

You are dominant, vain, and a bit of a show off. To know you is to worship you.
stygia2002

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2008, 07:37:09 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy;1353740
I heard when the teens become witches, their faces don't turn green like they're supposed to, just the bodies.  But the vampires in NL had a similiar issue at first, seems like a minor issue.

I won't be installing it until ACR and Inteen are updated for it..
When someone becomes a witch they turn green?! They can't be serious! That's lame! I *was* excited about the Witch addition. Maybe someone will come up with a mod that alters that.
stygia2002

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2008, 07:54:17 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy;1353786
Hrmm.. well if ACR works fine with AL, I can live w/o Inteen until Jase updates it.
Please forgive my ignorance (I don't get on the boards that often and miss alot of yummy new goodies!), but what is ACR? It sounds cool...it's fairly safe for you game I assume?
bally

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2008, 09:58:25 pm »

apartment life has completely screwed up for me. whenever i try to open it, a window comes up that says it's deleting files from C:\User\bally\AppData\Roaming. but the files are 0 bytes? its really frustrating cos the window won't go away even when i cancel it. any techheads have advice for me here? tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work either.. grr.

:hammer:

check out my sims Smiley
goodstart1

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2008, 10:34:02 pm »

OKAY, SO FAR SO GOOD..IN MY PREVIOUS POST I WAS HAVING AN ISSUE WITH ERRORS FORCING ME TO DELETE MY SIMS (CANCEL OR RESET WOULD NOT WORK) SO I CREATED A FOLDER ON MY DESKTOP AND MOVED MY INTEEN FILES THERE BEFORE I DID ANYTHING DRASTIC LIKE UNINSTALLING EVERYTHING. I SAW IN PREVIOUS POSTS THAT INTEEN IS NOT COMPATIBLE. I STILL GET ABOUT 3 OR 4 ERROR MESSAGES BEFORE I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY, BUT NONE THAT MAKES ME DELETE MY SIMS! ALL OF MY CUSTOMS SIMS, DOWNLOADED OBJECTS, AND CHEATS ARE WORKING. JUST NO BIRTH CONTROL OR ABORTIONS! I DIDN'T GET TO PLAY LONG, BECAUSE I MOVED ABOUT 32 SIMS FROM MY CUSTOM NEIGHBORHOOD TO BC-THEY HAD REALLY INTERESTING AND INTERCROSSING STORY LINES THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO START OVER, SO I WAS TOO BUSY GETTING THEM INTO NEW PLACES AND DECORATING TO REALLY "PLAY."
SOME NEAT THINGS: I DID TAKE A BREAK FROM DECORATING AND GOT ONE OF MY SIMS TO GO ON A DATE WITH HER NEIGHBOR UPSTAIRS. THE DATE STARTED AT HER HOUSE AND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DATE HE WENT UP TO HIS PLACE AND THEY FINISHED IT IN HIS APARTMENT. THE APARTMENTS ARE LIKE UNIVERISTY DORM ROOMS WHERE YOU CAN'T SEE WHATS GOING ON UNLESS YOU KNOCK AND GO IN(AND THEY CAN REFUSE YOU TO COME IN). MY SIM ALSO WENT TO A LOCAL CAFE AND THERE WAS A STAGE WERE YOU COULD SING, RECITE POETRY, OR DO STAND UP COMEDY. YOU CAN BUY SOMEONE A CUP OF COFFEE OR GET BREAK DANCING LESSONS FROM A GUY ON A CARDBOARD BOX. I LIKE THE NEW INTERACTION OPTIONS. ITS ABOUT TIME THE SIMS CAN ACTUALLY GO NEXT DOOR AND VISIT SOMEONE! IF ONLY THEY COULD SIT DOWN WITH THEIR BABIES-THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2008, 11:16:01 pm »

I MOVED ABOUT 32 SIMS FROM MY CUSTOM NEIGHBORHOOD TO BC-THEY HAD REALLY INTERESTING AND INTERCROSSING STORY LINES THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO START OVER

If you move your sims via the Sim Bin, you just hosed your neighborhood and those sims with interesting storylines.  Their memories are now all messed up.  

The only way you could have safely moved them is packaging them before installing AL (need SimPE to extract them from the game and it's not updated for AL), then installing them after the AL installation.  But then they lose that storyline.

Hopefully you made the back up of your neighborhoods prior to installing AL, you'll be able to recover everything as it was.
junkiebox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2008, 11:32:59 pm »

I had problems with roommates and the mailbox. The problem was the buyable mailbox from http://daydream.etowns.net/. I removed the package and everything is working fine now.

They know my fears and cry in my tears
Through a face without an eye at all
sabriena

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2008, 07:12:36 am »

I was playing last night with my romance sim (I always tried not to play them but wow they are actually really fun) and while I was chatting some lady up at the library she gave me a flat screen tv Cheesy I thought that was a pretty neat addition to the game. My "man-whore" can furnish his apartment through women Tongue

I'm liking AL more and more each time I play it.
sijin

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2008, 11:05:01 pm »

Quote from: sabriena;1358215

I'm liking AL more and more each time I play it.

Me too! I think it is a great expansion. There are a fews issues i'm facing though.

one is that i can't change my closet in the apartment. and that sux because i can't change the rack of clothes in the closet from man to woman, neither can i change the closet doors because they doesn't go with my decor.

The options for the closet is also somewhat screwed. Can't get the "change into..." only the "plan for..." option.

Much as i appreciate the landlord, he keeps popping up! Even when i lock the doors.

Wondering if i can remove the witch hat that seemed permanently fixed to my sim after she changed? :rabbit:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2008, 11:55:01 pm »

You can use the redesign tool to change to clothes rack and closet doors.

Pregnancy Wear Anything is messing with your closet options.

Use the mirror to change your hairstyle.
goodstart1

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2008, 12:09:33 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1359298

OHHHH...THAT PROBABLY EXPLAINS WHY MY ONLY OPTION IS "CHANGE FOR WORK" OR "WOOHOO" AND BY THE WAY, THEY ACTUALLY "WOOHOO" IN THE CLOSET.
sijin

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2008, 12:19:07 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1359298

Thanks for your help, ancienthighway Smiley I dun have pregnancy wear anything hack. what is the redesign tool you mean the home crafter?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2008, 12:30:34 am »

No, in build or buy mode there's an icon below the eyedropper called Design Tool - R.  The R is the keyboard shortcut.  Click on it, then click on the closet rack or door, make the changes (you should be able to change both right then), and for 15 simoleans, you've got what you want.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2008, 12:11:09 pm »

i don't own it yet but i will soon i am sure that it will be lots of fun.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: