Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:29:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: So has anyone gotten Apartment Life yet?  (Read 32792 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
NovaWildstar

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 09:32:02 pm »

Purchased it today and none of my CC shows up in it.  The Insiminator either...  :-(  It is available for direct download from http://www.eagames.com  It was supposed to be in stores today, but for some reason, every store in my city didnt receive the shipment.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 09:32:39 pm »

While Vampires, Servos, Zombies, Aliens, Plantsims, Werewolves and whatever supernatural beings there are in TS2 et al are not used in my game, they are all still possible.  Well, my current hood does have a number of aliens because my starting family was all Knowledge sims who couldn't leave the telescope alone, but other than that...

If I get a witch, I get a witch, but I'm not trying to get one, nor am I wanting to eliminate the possibility of one.
NovaWildstar

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 09:33:19 pm »

Has anyone figured out how to edit or create new apartments yet?
NovaWildstar

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 09:48:38 pm »

Is there a cheat to edit existing apartments?
rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 09:56:16 pm »

So I installed my copy and so far i'm pretty pleased just with the ammount of new items added my favorite being the huge fish tank.
ThatScaryChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 10:00:13 pm »

Quote from: NovaWildstar;1355162
Purchased it today and none of my CC shows up in it.  The Insiminator either...  :-(  It is available for direct download from http://www.eagames.com  It was supposed to be in stores today, but for some reason, every store in my city didnt receive the shipment.

I'm not surprised the Insiminator and other mods/hacks might not work. It's usually recommended to remove them until they have been updated for the new game.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:07:10 pm by ThatScaryChick » Logged

tempest1967

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 10:14:16 pm »

I purchased it today and installed it to give it a test run.  So far I have found a couple of issues I alerted EA to.  Here they are:

Nightlife driveways do not work when the lot is designated apartmentbase.  I tried to trick it into working by lot zoning to residential and placing car on driveway then zoning back to apt.  It crashed when trying to save.

There are a few recolors of the Ergo windows in build mode; they only appear in red.  The coordinating doors are OK.

The round building in NEIGHBORHOOD DECORATIONS has been replaced with a new rectanguler building.  I like it, but I also want the old bldg back.
shellyk

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2008, 05:03:05 am »

I keep changing my mind about getting it, I add to to my Amazon basket then take it back out again, I think I'm def going to get it when I get paid next week.  Amazon seems the cheapest so far.  When I do get it though I'm getting a witch no matter what I've already downloaded the default skin from MTS2 :rabbit:

ShellyKScotland----------------------
"Girl's kick ass, says so on the T-Shirt":rabbit:
simoneakiea

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2008, 05:14:46 am »

I heard its only in dvd format if thats the case it wont work on my pc. does anyone know if this is true?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2008, 05:26:54 am »

According to the website at EAGames, you need a CD/DVD drive.

So, I'm assuming you can get it in CD format.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2008, 06:14:06 am »

O.K. Guys, I got so upset yesterday when I went out & bought this and found out it was a dvd/rom instead of a cd, that I called my computer guy and he put in a dvd drive for me. I installed and it loaded wonderfully! For everyone that doesn't know: Microsoft has upgraded their DirectX software. The upgrade came out this month! I highly suggest getting it. I cant stress this enough because before I did this upgrade my game was taking about 40 min. to load. I have about 4 gigs of downloads in my downloads folder and now, it only takes about 15-20 minutes to load! Wow! Also, Make sure your drivers for your video cards are up to date. Now, the box says for ATI Radeon to be at 8500 or better...I have a 7000 and the game is working perfectly fine for me, as did BV. All stores in my area/Ohio only have the dvd version. One more tidbit..here's an ingame code to beable to build/buy on apartment lots: *ApartmentBuildBuyRestrictions (on/off) Hope this helps everyone! I am going to go play..Yay!
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2008, 07:05:30 am »

If anyone has a painting (or something) else for those wishing points, motives etc. that still works, please let me know.

It seems that non of the custum items I had works with the new EP. The last time only a few things worked. I do like it, also, an appartment is a lot cheaper so if you don't use cheats it would be easier to manage.

Josette
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2008, 08:10:35 am »

Quote from: tempest1967;1355210

Nightlife driveways do not work when the lot is designated apartmentbase.  

So my apartment sims can't have cars??!!  Ooooo, I think I just wasted my money......
sabriena

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2008, 08:29:55 am »

Quote from: YANFRForm;1355632
So my apartment sims can't have cars??!!  Ooooo, I think I just wasted my money......

There are apartment buildings that have garages. It's more like a townhouse or something than an actual apartment though. Smiley
YANFRForm

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2008, 08:31:33 am »

Whew!  That's a relief, thanks!  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: