Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:18:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: So has anyone gotten Apartment Life yet?  (Read 32759 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2008, 11:41:10 am »

Maybe if you build an appartmentbuilding yourself and add a garage?

(Not sure if it would work though.)

Josette
EgyptianGoddess

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2008, 01:06:48 pm »

I just got it the day EADM allowed me to download, well I had preordered it..It does suck that we wont have as many hacks to use, etc..I had a small problem with custom content so today will be the first time that I get to sit down and play-thank goodness for the help section over at MTS2,I used DDO to help me find the problem;something located in my "General Objects" folder...Anywho, I'm off to play my game-just stopping by to share my experience thus far.

Coffee in England is just toasted milk.  ~Author Unknown
:happy8:
" It is better to be hurt by others than to be the one hurting them. It may seem forgivable to others but mistakes are bound to be remembered for eternity, even in the deepest part of Hades."
dreadwolf

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2008, 02:07:12 pm »

i do not plan on getting any thing past BV my self

Ride it like you stole it
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2008, 02:58:52 pm »

Here is a link to a Site that has a Prima Guide for AL EP 8 preview that you can D/L:

http://www.unlimitedsims.com/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:00:53 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2008, 01:11:34 am »

Ok, I hate AL.

I tried loading the game today, the belladonna hood was the hood I've been using.  Every custom sim I had made and put into a lot, they were all gone.  All of the Maxis sims I put into lots, they still were there.  I found this be kind of odd, so I exited the game and then re-started.  The game began to crash anytime I tried to load a hood after that.  I removed the downloads folder, but it didn't help at all.  So I reinstalled everything.

It was if AL decided to revert the Belladonna Hood to the factory settings.  However, one of the apartment complexes I built using the cheat codes, that lot was still there.  So I really can't figure out what happened.  

Now one of the custom hoods I made, I loaded that up before the game had the crash issue on top of the vanishing custom sims, that hood still had all of the custom sims.

So I really can't figure this one out.  

But I'm starting over fresh with downloads, so I'm going to avoid all hacks, even non gobal ones.  That way if the problem comes back, I'll know it's AL and not anything else.

Odd though.. it ran without an issue for two days.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2008, 01:33:46 am »

I played a while with no CC what so ever.  After I put CC in the two sims I had made and placed in BC were gone, along with all the Maxis families in the Sim Bin.  Looking at another neighborhood, all the Sim Bin families were still there.

I'm wondering if enabling CC for the first time is reseting the entire neighborhood, not just the sims in the neighborhood.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2008, 02:08:34 am »

Remove Inteen.  It's not compatible.
wickedsims_93

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2008, 02:15:39 am »

Ive been playing it and its pretty cool. The witches are awesome...even though I cant figure out how to buy new robes for them =/ oh well...

sometimes you have to take a step back
to realize whats important in your life,
what you can live with, but more importantly
and what you can't live without.
[/B][/FONT]WS_93:tongue8:
goodstart1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2008, 02:24:34 am »

I bought the game today!!!! I came home and installed it with no issues. I even created a character and moved her in to an apartment, but didn't get a chance to actually play, I just had a lot going on. So once my husband and 2 year old went to sleep I started the game again and when I selected my new sim her apartment began to load but wouldn't work. So I restarted the game and used the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true to find any issues and I kept getting all sorts of errors that I was given the only option to delete in order to move on and once I got passed all the errors an error for my new sim would pop up and reset or cancel would not work, just delete. I then went back to pleasantview and selected a family and the same thing happened, an error for each sim shows up and the option I have is to delete them. I even tried creating a new sim and in the "dressing room" errors would pop up and eventually my only option is to delete the sim and the game would completely crash. I don't know what to do. I have a lot of custom content that I use-I hate the standard maxis genetics-it looks so fake. So I guess I'm stuck.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2008, 02:37:47 am »

Got it yesterday -installed it, no real issues. I did come across 2x pieces of nasty that bothers me...

1) The "apartment" door is buggy, wont work for me.
2) My beloved giant window from OFB, the Ergo-whatever, 3 tile full wall window, and its 1 tile cousin - the colour options are gone, only left with a ugly ass red frame. With both. Im really disappointed. I mean...thats the ONE thing i ALWAYS used, and now its ruined.

Apart from that everything else seems fine for now.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2008, 02:56:00 am »

I think I may have corrupted the hood by using the apartment cheat.

"changelotzoning apartmentbase"

I heard that was the cheat to use in order to make a custom apartment, and it worked like a charm.  

I did delete the cache files after that, but if it was the cache files the custom sims in the other hood would have vanished as well.  

So I just think that cheat somehow corrupted the hood.

But I'm creating new families for a new hood now, but without ACR.

See what happens...

CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2008, 03:12:39 am »

Deviancy, what kind of lot did you use that cheat on? If it was a beach lot, that probably caused the FUBAR. If not, you might have some hacks that are conflicting with the game.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2008, 04:30:14 am »

All I had were a few objects from Simslice, but that could be part of the issue.  It's hard to say..

Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2008, 04:41:49 am »

Some info for the ones who haven't seen it in the game yet, the 'Multi Painting' from Merola's Sims 2 still works. Also, the "Smart Toddler Pic" still works. I deleted all my custum items and then downloaded a few again. So far everything works for me.

Josette
Alotta Paine X2

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2008, 07:34:41 am »

I got the game yesterday.  I took out the two mods that i love the most inteen and ACR.  I kept a few and everything was working. No major bugs. I've been playing with two characters I d/l from here. I made them sisters. Well It's been a week and a 1/2 (sim days) when my superhero characters drank some expresso and then disappered. I was bugging. Where did she go?Well she's still with us, just invisible. She is freaking invisible! Well stupid me I saved the damn thing. Now what? Is she going to stay invisible forever? ho hum. I took pictures but for some reason they didn't show up in the storytelling folder. EA you Suck.

You are dominant, vain, and a bit of a show off. To know you is to worship you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: