Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 11:45:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: First Impressions  (Read 16891 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2008, 07:33:23 pm »

Apartments: Cool as a concept, but Maxis-made apartments are kind of lame.

New Hairs: Fugly!

New Clothes: Fuglier!

Witchcraft: To be determined; I haven't had a chance to play a witch yet.

Belladonna Cove: Kind of an interesting neighborhood, with a city environment on one side and a suburban-esque area to the side. Fun, there's not a really dynamic story going on there.

New styles: Some of the furniture is nice, some is superlame. Particularly disappointing was the secret door, which (as a storyteller) I find to be not secret at all.

All in all, I'm glad I got it and I can't wait to build my own apartment building.

What did you all think?
Scrabbydoo98

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:06:13 pm »

It is interesting.  Still starting it up really.  Tho I do find that it saves games differently anoying.  so you have to back up your old ones incase you decide to uninstall Apartment Living.

My hacked objects aren't working anymore.  Normal recolors and new meshes work, but none of the hacked objects work.  I can live without those tho.  Needed to thin out my downloads directory anyway.

Haven't even seen a witch yet.  Noticed that they went with a Dragonlance type setup with the witches tho.  Good (White), Neutral (Red), and Evil (Black).  Even says that their robes change colors depending on the spells they cast.  Just like in Dragonlance.  May have to make a Raistlen Sim now!  LOL

I also liked the look of Belladonna Cove.  May build a Luxury apartment building soon.  Only one premade one is nice.  

All in all it's nice enough to keep us busy till Sims 3 comes out in February.  I'm already saving my money for that!  I'll probably preorder soon.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:34:02 pm »

Welcome Manithal! Happy simming!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:28:11 pm »

I'm not finding the new hairs and clothing all that bad.  As a simmer that has chosen to not use custom hair and clothing, I find they are a welcome addition to the game.  I'm not claiming they are on the level of much of the CC available.  But for the most part it is useable.

As should be expected, most hacks will not work until they've been updated.  Pescado's already been at work updating his, to include a critical fix he elected to roll into the new comm-skill hack.  All the updates are available in the Director's Cut.  I can't say if they've been posted individually though.

Inteenimator does not work with AL.
InSIMenator probably doesn't work with AL based on previous EPs requiring updates.
rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 10:01:53 pm »

Apartments: I like concept not sure if i'll use them a lot.

New Hairs: Don't mind them I don't use maxis hair much so I don't pay them much attention.

New Clothes: I like some of it.

Witchcraft: Havn't played any witch yet but I can't wait.

Belladonna Cove: Um its ok not bad but just kinda boring.

New styles: I love the new furniture I was happy to see how much was added and how we got a lot of new stuff.

All together i'm pleased with it.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 12:03:42 am »

Oh my God. EAxis has done it again. They only made the spiral staircases going one way. I hate when they do that. It messes up the symmetry of a room if you use 2 staircases facing the same way.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 12:29:22 am »

Good luck with building that apartment.  I can't find any setting/option that allows one to build an apartment from the ground up.  I heard there are a few cheats one can use though.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 12:51:09 am »

From what I've been able to figure out, build the apartment building on a residential lot, then change the zoning.
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 01:15:25 am »

Apartments - Well, its just a combination of the dorms and hotels, nothing special here.

Clothing and hairs - they stole our (TS2 community) conversions! :-o all they're contects are from cloudlessnights (MTS2) and melodie9!

Objects - There alot of new objects, but not all of them very useful...

New reactions and actions - Well, this is just a collection of unused animations, its seems like it.

Cool stuff - No, the witches are so lame... not worth buying because of them.

Bug fixes, Misc - Yes, there are many bug fixes! and the apartment buildings dont lag like normal houses (!).

Quote from: CuriousSimmer;1355349
Oh my God. EAxis has done it again. They only made the spiral staircases going one way. I hate when they do that. It messes up the symmetry of a room if you use 2 staircases facing the same way.

I knew it!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 01:17:39 am by MoronStyle7 » Logged
Scrabbydoo98

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 04:02:05 am »

Update:  the Hacked objects that didn't appear the first time I loaded the game came back and work on the second load up.  So hacked objects do still work.

Yeppers no setting for an Apartment Building when first building.  Just have to change it's zoning after placement.  

Still haven't met a witch yet.  Looking forward to zapping someone when I do tho! LOL
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 04:34:23 am »

Although... There is something cool after all, the Apartment friendly pet, if you dont have pets its really cool!

:clap:
sabriena

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 07:02:44 am »

So far I think it is a pretty decent expansion pack. I really don't like the apartments how small they are though. I only went to the more expensive ones so I can check it out though. The rooms are so small. They have to have a bigger one that I'm just not finding.

The new stuff is pretty good. I like the big screen television and the looks of the fish tank. I haven't put it into game yet because there was no room in the apartments.

I like how they have a trailer park Tongue That was cute. The new hairs aren't all that great. The new clothes have some really cute ones.

The apartments don't actually lag my computer like a huge lot does so I thought that was actually pretty neat.

I haven't tried the witches yet but can't wait to do that.

Oh and my InSIMenator still worked for me Smiley
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 10:00:31 am »

First, make sure there are NO SIMS LIVING ON THE LOT.

Then, type changelotzoning apartmentbase

Next, go to the neighborhood screen AFTER SAVING your game.

You should have a green apartment icon over the building in neighborhood view Smiley
~Amaryne~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 10:44:31 am »

Would like so see some more in game pictures I you please.

I'm thinking of buying it but am a bit skeptic to how my hacks will work with this EP (have squinge's pregnancy and allwayswearcasual) Anyone who's had the chance to find this out yet?

Micke
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 11:30:41 am »

Apartments: Is really great until the stairs stopped working and people got stuck

New Hairs: Some really nice for female sims. Male hair = lame

New Clothes: Not very good.

Witchcraft: Haven't played around with it much; seems okay but nothing I enjoy in a sims game.

Belladonna Cove: Okay

New styles: Some of it looks really good.

I like the idea but I haven't decide whether or not I like this EP.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: