Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 03:03:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Time Game start problem  (Read 2144 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
axron27

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2008, 07:03:48 am »

Firstly the CD doesn't auto run when placed in the drive, that's fine, but what irks me is that when I hit the icon on my desktop to run the game, it doesn't load until I try several times. I just get a black screen with my cursor arrow on it without the game loading. I often have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get my task manager and end the process so I can try again. After 3 to 5 tries the game finally loads. I'm happy for the fact that dilligence will get me started, but it is still exasperating. It seems like the CD is lazy or something. Anybody else have this problem? How can it be fixed?
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 07:08:53 am »

I've noted with my own that it sometimes (particularly when first booted) takes a long time to load. During the black screen I can see the disk files working happily away loading the necessary programs. Autorun went away for sims some time ago, now you can only start through the desktop icon. I admit it takes me a bit of patience sometimes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: