Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:37:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So, hacks and hacked objects in AL...  (Read 5361 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tizerist

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2008, 06:22:18 pm »

Howdy, this is my first time i've had to deal with an expansion while using CC, so apologies if this this seems a bit noobish.

after removing my hacks I've had a quick dabble on AL today, and noticed two weird things, namely my selfsim going all gay on me, and one relationship which was +100% go down to -5% or so inexplicably.
This would definately not have happened in my hacked up FT savegame.
I have removed AL and replaced my savegame folder with my pre-AL one.

I am thinking that the hacked objects should be removed as well as the hacks themselves then. Is this right?
The sims2 clean pack installer often shows in red hacked objects as well as hacks. Will both these types have to be removed?

Take for example the FT insimenator or the stay-things-shrub. No longer "advised" due to AL. And then I have other hacked objects that were last updated for OFB!
There will surely be no update for these! Should I risk putiing those back in or not?
For example Dolphin's Control This Sim hack - last updated in 2006. It survived through BV and FT without needing an update, so would that be safe for AL then?

Any help appreciated. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:27:10 pm by tizerist » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:25:23 pm »

Wait for all your hacks/mods to be updated.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:40:07 pm »

I agree with Eddie. For the hacks/mods which are actively updated I would wait. If you have some (like the dolphin) which has not needed an update you could *try* to place them in one at a time to see if there is any issue. Not advising this, but if you still want this and no one is updating it that's one way to see. Also check the threads to see if anyone's posted about it being compatible with AL. A lot of the time the comment section is more helpful than the original download.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 07:26:42 am »

ok thanks.
but that still leaves me with the hacked items, such as the type of stuff you get on simslice, or even the visitor controller or college adjuster?
is there any danger in those?
or is it only global mods?
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 01:43:58 pm »

I am running with the Electro boos from simslice, Insiminator OBJ ONLY, a few vampire mods, self taught homework, fire proof cooking, toddler use stairs, some adult mods and it's fine. Actually need Insim due to a dresser bug in AL - They don't work, only option is dress for work so if you want to plan outfits and all, you need a hack to do it.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 09:09:15 pm »

I can tell you that both: Perfect Plants & Perfect Gardens hacks are working, so is Naked Swim Sea, Sunbath Anywhere, all of xxxsims mods, Carrigon's daytime vampire hack, Temp.ModNoPassOut, & Forever Burn Fireplaces, Crammy boys no censor and nudist hacks, Easier find when digging for stuff, Invisible vampire skin, no what's this, Numenor's global turn off tv fix & Instant stereo-op, sleep anytime, Toddler play with toilits fix, & pillow replacements by strange girl....Whew

That's all I know of right now...hope this helped!

Ldyvamp
tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 06:33:25 pm »

ok thanks alot. my 'safe' list is getting bigger and bigger lol
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 07:25:33 pm »

Well, I have the following hacks/mods plus about 5,000 other CC files all working fine with AL.

Beck Toddler and puppy/kitten stair mods for modular and straight stairs. CBOY token, naked, nudist emiter, nudist.
Ctfg homework self-taught.
Careers: Hapily unemployed, self employed, vampire, all fampire friendly careers.
Insiminator v2.8 OBJ edition.
LBF Bite Neck, Bite Neck test.
LdDarcy Career outfits added to wardrobe_FT.
MQ Clothes-change outfit no spin.
Peestandinghack.
RiskyWoohoo in bed, public, tub.
Smonaff_vampires walk normal.
Vampire invisible skin.
tipsygypsy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 09:50:57 pm »

I am most upset to report that Obtainchi's "Sleep Anytime", which was working just fine for me all the way through FT, is now borked.  *sigh*

Ah well, either it will be updated or someone will make something similar, I'm sure.  I'll just have to keep my eyes open.  No pun intended.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: