Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:00:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you find irritating in the sims?  (Read 24169 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Amira

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 03:32:02 am »

LOOOL,

I got a good laugh reading every ones replies.

Also know as, "amar_el7ob". And I know I had more than 300+ post on the old Insim site :|
cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 12:47:39 pm »

Here are a few of my pet peeves… (aka things that I haven’t been able to find mods for)

1. Why do sims who merely have a little crush on each other kiss goodbye??? Do you french everyone of your crushes goodbye? Didn’t think so (and if your answer was yes….. lucky you  )
2. You can’t attack burglars who come to your house (I know werewolves can but I would like my normal sims to be able to)
3. In AL – The newspaper gets delivered to the side/back door instead of the front door and it drives me crazy! I have been fencing those lots without gates to prevent this….
4. When toilets start to clog continuously (I don’t mind once in a while (gives the tinkering sims something to do) but when it happens again and again).
5. Sims are almost never able to give the toddler the bottle in his hands, something is always in the way… sometimes there isn’t anything in the way and they still stomp and drop the bottle on the floor.
6. 3 tile long tables… they seem to get stuck if they use the middle seats.
7. If you queue several actions and the sim gets stuck getting around something all the actions are lost.
8. When queuing up social interactions and the intended recipient is busy finishing an action, the queue is lost.
9. This may just affect me (hack conflict mebbe?), but I can never find the “sneak out” phone option for my teens.
10. And I will second the why can’t slobs be slobs. There used to be a mod for this by crammyboy on MATY called let slobs be slobs but it hasn’t been updated in a long long time and I don’t have the guts to test it in my game  .
11. The fact that there are so few aspirations to choose from (and are somewhat unrealistic, the secondary aspirations help a bit though but still)

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 06:10:24 am »

toddlers play with the john aaargh!
there's much space but my sims aren't able to move idiot!
from FT: I like certain hobbies? ok I will be idiot shaking my arms to plasmate an imaginary vase or play with rubik cube or other for all the day!!! forever!

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 08:43:07 am »

cuddles, about 9, I had that too. Turns out you have to wait until after 10pm or something like that. Then the option should be there.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

cuddles

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 11:06:07 am »

Quote from: AlbinoBambi;1402751
cuddles, about 9, I had that too. Turns out you have to wait until after 10pm or something like that. Then the option should be there.

ooo i see! I will try this, thanks :huggles:

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly . . . very slowly - Gypsy Rose Lee
crowmgr

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 04:26:17 am »

About #9...
In my game I had to wait till midnight for the "sneak out" option to come up.
crowmgr

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 05:01:27 am »

1) Putting the babies on the floor
2) Bottles and diapers on the floor
3) Leaving dirty dishes and not being able to click on the dish to make a sim clean it up
4) Babies playing in the toilet
5) Going outside without proper clothes on, especially in colder seasons.
6) Unreasonable LTW's. (Thank God there is a mod for this) As it is now, 2 of my sims want to have 6 grandchildren so Pleasantview is gonna be filled with relatives of my first family I made when I started playing the game after reinstall. I found the mod to make the LTW's more reasonable just recently so things should be better now for future generations. Smiley

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
southernwomanOK

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 04:59:12 pm »

Teenage unable to get pregnant (without the use of the wonderful hacks of creators, especially Inteen).

Constant bed making (like anyone really cares THAT much about their bed)

Unreasonable LTW's is up there

Constant fasinaction (sp?) with weather (rain/snow).

Autonoumous cooking (though I know this can be fixed but still)
chilislavecutie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 05:59:48 pm »

-I agree with the constant bed making.
I make my own bed about... twice a month.

-It also irritates me how the sims feel they have to "Watch Out!" every time they get out of their vehicles...

- I have this one particular sim that was either a DownTownie or an NPC that I made playable and every few seconds he's "primping". And I do mean every few seconds.

- I also have another sim that I made playable that feels like she can just barge into another sim's house without so much as a knock or an invite. She just walks in and makes herself at home in front of the TV. I know that this can happen if the visiting sim is a relative or a friend, but in her case, it doesn't matter. This one family had no clue who she was and she just walked in and used the toilet.

- For some reason, my toddlers won't walk even after being taught how to. They're only way of moving is by "teleport here" or if I send them to play with a toy.

- My gardener is consistently late.

There are several more, but I can't think of them all right now

"You hold the answers deep within your own mind.
Consciously, you've forgotten it.
That's the way the human mind works.
Whenever something is too unpleasant, too shameful for us
to entertain, we reject it.
We erase it from our memories.
But the imprint is always there."
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 08:33:39 pm »

About the toddler walking issue - try the updated Insim. If that's still broken, there's a thread in the support section that includes a way to fix it Smiley

Ditto on the bed-making - and now the brushing teeth issue. Why the hell aren't they abortable? You cross off the action while they're doing it, and they still go through the whole thing as if you let them do it angry

No requests please
Feisty32
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 03:56:25 am »

here's some that irritates me.
1.sims can be 5 feet from the damn door and yet they'll take the long route.
2.sims constantly playing kicky bag and pillow fights they act as if kicky bag is the best damn game in the world.
3.sims checking their mail and going into the farthest room of the house to only lay their friggin bills on the friggin night stand.
4.sims watching tv and then a random sim walks into the living room and turning the stereo on when the effin tv is on.
5.sims whining and crying about how they can't seem to get of the roaches serioulsy call the damn exterminator you idiot.
6.whenever a sim dude loses a fight they cry like twats  can't they just suck it up and move on.
7.no matter how hard you try you just can't seem to please those idiots just like when i place an object or something in the house they whine and cry about it. and then they whine and cry about the smoke alarm in their house that is installed seriously do they wanna live or do they wanna become barbaque?
8.i hate it when sims also whine about the flowers i place around the house.
9.when sims yell i hate that.
10.when trying to play kicky bag sims whine and gripe about the mailbox or trash can is in their way seriously wtf can i do about it?

Evil   Kick in the Nuts  Headwall   Club
AngryOldHag

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 02:57:52 pm »

The fact that one of my couples has now had five sons, even with rolling the dice, even with twins and even an adoption did not bring any girls.

Or how every time I want to start the game it decides that there is a conflict with emulation software the first time around but when I start again it's all peachy and dandy. EVERY SINGLE TIME.  GAH2
alesukm

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 06:51:05 pm »

MRS. CRUMPLEBOTTOM 

I've found mods for her but everytime i get into a fight with her she mops the floor with me. That and all the lecturing about swimsuits, what can i do, i'm in a pool (or on the throne). 
heartless

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 12:44:50 am »

toddlers play with the john aaargh!

I can't stand that either!  angry They make such a huge mess and then I think about what it is they are probably fishing out... even worse!
Aralie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 01:26:34 am »

Ditto on the bed-making - and now the brushing teeth issue.

Woah...Which EP did teeth brushing come with? I've never had a sim brush their teeth, nor did I know that was possible! I have all EP's too...Hm...How do you make them do that?

I can't stand the constant bed-making either, or the looking out the window every single time it rains, or running to see new objects. Luckily, there are hacks for the last two!

Sims walking to the back door when the front door is RIGHT THERE! Well, they get their exercise, anyhow!  rolleyes

I wish Mrs.Crumplebottom wasn't mean to everyone. She should be nicer to some sims or something. I think that would be interesting. I mean, seriously! Even mean old ladies are nice to some people! It bugs me that sims can't have any relationship points with her. You can't even hate her!

It's strange...In some of my 'hoods she doesn't show her face anywhere, ever, or very rarely. Then in others she's everywhere you turn! My last run-in with her was interesting...My sim, Lilly, went into a bar and sat down to play cards, Crumplebottom came in and sat down and played a game with her, and it was fine. No freaking out, or anything. Then, as Lilly was leaving, Crumplebottom chased after her and started scolding her, or whatever. But, she didn't do anything at all when they played cards. It was funny though, my sim just got in her car and drove home. I took some pretty amusing pics of her driving away with Crumplebottom in the background yelling!  Grin

"Bingle-bongle, dingle-dangle, yickety-doo, yickety-daa, ping-pong, lippy-tappy-too-taa."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: