Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:20:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacks with AL  (Read 12950 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rockguitardevil

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:37:12 pm »

I bought AL the first day it came out put it in and forgot about my mods and hacks turned them all on and... they all work. I have the inteen, the insim, and various other hacks from diffrent sites.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 04:40:08 pm »

I'd be very weary of saying they all work. While the InSIM does indeed work there are a few options missing until Eric releases the updated version. Ancienthighway said that the InTeen isn't working either.
FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 04:57:53 pm »

I had to turn off all my CC - the games started up fine but then took over an hour & a half to load any of my sims families that I had been playing.  What am I saying - it wouldn't load any of my families - computer just kept running & running till I gave up.  I was going to remove everything from my download file & just add back Insim - do you think that's an idea?
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 05:00:59 pm »

Wow thats slow lol.. Yeah it def sounds like you have something conflicting. I would try running clean installer first and removing all your mods first and then seeing if the game will load. If it still doesnt load then I would go through the tedious pain of removing all of your dowloads and adding back in batches to see what is causing your load problem.
rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 05:01:19 pm »

its worth a try or you could gradually staart adding little by little back starting with the stuff you used the most and retry it after adding a little more back and see if it runs quicker and at least you would have the stuff you used.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 05:09:43 pm »

That's the way I add mods back in after a new EP/SP comes out.  Of course if you don't turn the testing cheats on, you won't know there's a problem (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true).  Just be prepared to remove something, even if it's your favorite mod, if you get an error.
rockguitardevil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 06:26:18 pm »

Quote from: kathy;1357366
I'd be very weary of saying they all work. While the InSIM does indeed work there are a few options missing until Eric releases the updated version. Ancienthighway said that the InTeen isn't working either.
I used of worded it diffrent they bsically are working to the extent of not causing an big problems.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 06:36:08 pm »

Actually, it probably is causing big problems with the code of your game, and you just don't know because it's not manifesting itself--yet.
j030977

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 08:11:24 pm »

Agreed. I took everything out. Then I played with things that were tested.  The times I've left them in and played in the past... it always shows it's ugly face of incompatibility.  For instance, when Vacations came out, I didn't uninstall ACR, well, everytime I tried to leave a vacation spot or a community lot (walking or taxi), my game would cycle until I had to turn it off and start over losing all the time and progress I made.
FratBrat44

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 03:21:40 pm »

with cc turned off my game seems to work fine - but I hate to admit it - its just not fun.  what I love about the sims is that I can have countless hous creating clothes/houses/characters I love watching them interact & it is trully annoying when they have to sleep when I want them reading, or they keep running to the bathroom etc.  My sim just had the worst outing ever because there was not enough time for everyone in the group to start having fun.  If I remove all the hack but INSIM - will I lose my SLIMMER BODY BUILDER mesh and all the clothes I have created?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 03:47:17 pm »

For the most part, CC is not a problem in any new EP.  The potential problem is with the mods and hacked objects.  If you can separate those from the other CC, pull them out.  Check back to where you got your mods and see if the creator has made any comments on whether it's AL compatible or not.
teardrops37

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 04:13:05 pm »

Quote from: FratBrat44;1357400
I had to turn off all my CC - the games started up fine but then took over an hour & a half to load any of my sims families that I had been playing.  What am I saying - it wouldn't load any of my families - computer just kept running & running till I gave up.  I was going to remove everything from my download file & just add back Insim - do you think that's an idea?
When you load your game and you come to the initial screen where your CC is listed and the option to turn it on or off is listed are there any yellow triangles listed next to your CC??

I had several and after removing them (9 in all) My families now load. Before I tried to load them and it ran ALL NIGHT and still did NOT load. Below is what I removed. It would be interesting to see which ones you have that are the same if you do. Maybe we can find out the culprit.Cheesy

CEP-Extra_AtomicAgeLamps.package
CEP-Extra_ClubTableLamp.package
CEP-Extra_Phones.package
CEP-Extra_TeddyBears.package
CEP-Extra_VideoGameConsole.package
PerfectGardens.package
PregnancyWearAnyOutfit.package
d1cb0b87b2e68b6d11643cefa10e076_0001.package
d1cb0b87b2e68b6d11643cefa10e076_0003.package

The CEP files aren't in the downloads folder, they are listed in a folder labeled zCEP-Extra with all the other folders.

Stand with me and become one with the winds, do not fear them, for you are never alone::smilieiforgetwhi::
jackie202

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 04:49:14 pm »

Quote from: teardrops37;1358701
When you load your game and you come to the initial screen where your CC is listed and the option to turn it on or off is listed are there any yellow triangles listed next to your CC??

I had several and after removing them (9 in all) My families now load. Before I tried to load them and it ran ALL NIGHT and still did NOT load. Below is what I removed. It would be interesting to see which ones you have that are the same if you do. Maybe we can find out the culprit.Cheesy

CEP-Extra_AtomicAgeLamps.package
CEP-Extra_ClubTableLamp.package
CEP-Extra_Phones.package
CEP-Extra_TeddyBears.package

CEP-Extra_VideoGameConsole.package
PerfectGardens.package
PregnancyWearAnyOutfit.package
d1cb0b87b2e68b6d11643cefa10e076_0001.package
d1cb0b87b2e68b6d11643cefa10e076_0003.package

The CEP files aren't in the downloads folder, they are listed in a folder labeled zCEP-Extra with all the other folders.

the ones that are bold are the ones that show up on my CC too. i guess they were there since i installed the CEP? does anything happen if i delete them out??

♥~♥~♥~My New Simmies!♥~♥~♥~ [/COLOR]

Want my sims? Download them Here
[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]:cya:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 06:17:13 pm »

The only thing that will happen is custom recolors of those items won't show up.  Probably not a problem.
teardrops37

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 06:24:57 pm »

the ones that are bold are the ones that show up on my CC too. i guess they were there since i installed the CEP? does anything happen if i delete them out??

As far as problems removing the CEP-Extra files,not that I can tell. I must not really use them much, because I don't notice which ones are actually missing. I wouldn't delete them though, just move them to your desktop and see if that is your problem.

Stand with me and become one with the winds, do not fear them, for you are never alone::smilieiforgetwhi::
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: