Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:41:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics problem  (Read 5248 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mrnapolean1
« on: August 29, 2008, 08:24:24 pm »

i did not know where to post this but here it goes:

my sims 2 has the day/night toggle while you are in the neighborhood view. daytime works fine however nighttime does not. when i switch to night time my roads and lots go dark but the neighbor hood remains in day light mode. can someone help me?

i have posted a picture of the problem i am having: (this is pleasant view in night time mode)

axron27

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:50:26 pm »

Go to your video card's control panel -usually in control panel, display, settings, advanced and set antialiasing, trilinear etc to application controlled. this might help. Maybe it's an artifacting problem. If not you can always reset your card to their former settings.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:06:23 pm »

Seem to recall there was a problem like this associated with Glamour Life and with Seasons.

For some people loading a clean, naked version of the game fixed it.

Move your Downloads folder (don't delete it!) to someplace else on your computer temporarily and then open up the game and after it has fully opened then Quit.

Return the Downloads folder back where it belongs and then open up the game and see if the clean load has kicked things back into gear.
mrnapolean1
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 10:38:36 pm »

i tried that it did the same thing.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 04:56:44 am »

Have you tried updating your graphics card driver?
mrnapolean1
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 09:36:39 am »

yes i have the most recent  driver installed for this piece of junk.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 12:20:17 am »

Have you removed any sort of terrain/lighting replacement hack files from your game to see if that'll do the trick? (if any are in your game... there's a slight possibility if you've downloaded any lots from off the Sims 2 Exchange, stray hacks may have carried over into your downloads folder) And if possible, could you tell us what type of video card your machine has?  :angel:

mrnapolean1
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 10:07:52 am »

i have no lightning hacks my computer has the Peice of Junk Intel 915 GM/GMS, 910 GML Chipset. My Computer is a Dell Inspiron 1300 notebook.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 08:14:02 am »

Eh... I can see that part of the problem is that your video card is an "integrated" one... most on-board integrated graphics chips aren't able to support certain types of image effects that high-end ones would.  Especially if the shared video memory is low.  (... it's been suggested that any card that has 256MB minimum or more is in good standing.  128MB is also good, but not as smooth in gameplay.)

And seeing as Dell rarely ever does updates for older laptops/computers anymore, I can see where updating Dell-compatible drivers can be quite difficult now days.    :?  If you've already tried updating your DirectX also, there might not be too much else to help fix that issue through non-physical updates... Sad

mrnapolean1
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:01:50 pm »

the thing is it used to work when i had just nightlife installed, now i have the rest of the sims collection excluding ikea home stuff and aparment life..so i dont think its the graphics card. i think it may be one of the expansions that i installed. i just want to get it working again.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 08:33:33 pm »

I see what you mean... I know as you add on to the base game by installing newer EPs/SPs, the demands on graphic card performance increases with the addition of new features and such.  I'm probably sure if you ever decide to uninstall any of those EPs you installed, it may just revert back into its working state.  Of course, it's not mandatory to do all of that since it's nothing that's deadly serious.  Depends on what you want to do in the end.  Wink

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 09:57:55 pm »

It's like Tenshii said. All the extra EP's put extra demand on your games graphics, especially Seasons, with the addition of weather. Now, here's the big thing with your graphics...your chipset is non T & L, which means it doesn't support Transform and Lighting calculations, which the Sims 2 needs. If you look at the system requirements for the EP you see the following:

NOTE: If you have a non-T&L capable video card, such as Intel Extreme Graphics, then you need at least a 2.4 GHz processor

If your Inspiron 1300 is typical, then it's got something like a 1.7 GHz processor right? Therein lies your problem.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mrnapolean1
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 03:08:50 pm »

my processor speed is a Intel celeron 1.60 GHz

so there is no way in fixing it without removing any expansions?

that was my screw up is buying this computer with intel products in it. the next computer i buy will have a amd processor and either a nvidila or ati graphics chip.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:12:00 pm by mrnapolean1 » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 06:34:12 pm »

Nope, I'm afraid not. You could talk to Dell about upgrading your laptop, but I'm not sure how much that would cost.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mrnapolean1
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 07:49:51 pm »

so there is no hack i could download?

now i am FOR SURE i am never going back to intel products again!!!!!!
i am going to build me a new computer and it WILL have a amd processor and either a nivdila or ati graphics chip in it. now i can truely say
"INTEL SUCKS"!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: