Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:06:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you built an apartment?  (Read 21692 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:13:39 pm »

Have you built an apartment with AL?

I've built a few...but then I had to reformat my computer (literally two hours after installing AL Sad). I'm working on one right now, as well. I'll post pictures when it's done Smiley
bally

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:21:20 am »

i'm excited to see. wish my AL was working Sad it sucks to have something right in front of you and not be able to use it.. boo

check out my sims Smiley
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 12:27:38 am »

What's the problem, Bally? Maybe we can help.
bally

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 01:06:32 am »

will c+p from the other thread
whenever i try to open it, a window comes up that says it's deleting files from C:\User\bally\AppData\Roaming. but the files are 0 bytes? its really frustrating cos the window won't go away even when i cancel it. tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work either..

check out my sims Smiley
mrbricole

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 06:38:50 am »

I've tried to build IN an apartment but the choices are limited !

My sim has is own house. Is there a trick to change it into an apartment and have roomates to come and live there ?
galidor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 09:06:04 am »

Quote from: mrbricole;1358186
I've tried to build IN an apartment but the choices are limited !

My sim has is own house. Is there a trick to change it into an apartment and have roomates to come and live there ?

you have to rezone the lot just like a dorm. Also just like a dorm once the lot is rezoned and you exit back to the neighborhood, if you go back in you can't change most of the build mode options. The only ones availble are, wallcoverings, floors and the like. Also you prob don't want to rezone the lot while there are sims on it. They might dissappear.

Stay away from fools, cause fools attract cops and cops got guns, and cuffs, and cells to stuff you in. :rr:
Give Donnie a Million Hugs!
momof3kidz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 10:31:42 am »

Before you move sims in while your in build mode

Ctrl-Shift-C

changelotzoning apartmentbase

Also for pricing options

changelotclassification (low-middle-high)

When you build your apartment dont use the walk over wall seperator things people use to seperate the carpet and tile. It seems to mess up the apartment and counts it as a common area. Then you cant move ANYTHING! grrrrr .... I found that out the hard way lol!
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 05:19:18 pm »

Well I just spent a good 3 hrs building a nice place, 7 apartments etc, fully furnished - all 7...
Then zoned it, everything seems cool,
but as soon as anyone moves in all my hard work furnishing disappears, the basic stuff stays, like the fridge and stove, but the rest, like beds & TVs etc *poof*.

They reappear once i evict person A from the lot.
But it sucks. According to the PDF "tutorial" on the sims2.com you should be able to furnish the place COMPLETELY and have sims move into a FULLY FURNISHED place. Just seems a total rip-off.

Also, I play with testing cheats enabled, always have. The ONE door provided for apartment entrances causes a jump error with TT enabled, so for the first time I can't even play the way im used to or enjoy.

AL is going down as a stinker in my books so far.
SImsMoM101

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 12:37:02 am »

Someone said if you right-click on the door with boolprop on you can retain the furnishings.  I guess it has an option.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 01:20:21 am »

Actually it's Shift-Click.
TtheK

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 04:30:24 am »

I personally hope Apartments get their own section on this site. You know, under the "Lots" section there's the Residential and Community lots subsections. I'd rather see Apartments get their own subsection than to just be sorted under Residential.

And thanks for the info, I've been trying to figure out how to build apartments all day. I may end up uploading to the site for the first time in my life.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 09:00:52 am »

@ SImsMoM101 & ancienthighway:

Thanks for clearing that up Wink
nuttytartjan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 08:57:16 pm »

i cant build an apartment it just shows up as normal house, wanted a nice beach apartment but is not working, downloaded some from sims2 site but something is wrong with water its obove the beach very strange getting   very mad now
RanaAurora

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 03:33:38 am »

I haven't tried to build one yet.  Frankly, I think it's rather obnoxious that EA didn't make an effort to make building apartments easier.  You know when you add a new lot, it asks you if it's commercial or residential?  Why couldn't they have added an "Residential - House" and "Residential - Apartment" option there?  It's going to make players who don't like getting into cheat codes not be as pleased with apartments.
nuttytartjan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 04:49:10 am »

i followed  tutorial it worked but when i come to move my sims in it says no apartments avalable what a load of hassel all i wanted was simple beach lot.
i got it working but when you loadfamily the sea isalways above the beach very strange
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:54:53 pm by nuttytartjan » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: