Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:48:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Max number of playable families in an apartment  (Read 3212 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
upinout

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:29:38 pm »

I thought that we could have a total of 4 playable familes move into an apartment lot..

I have this one apartment that I'm trying to move a 4th family into, and the game won't let me.

It's a custom made lot, instead of one building, I have 4 seperate houses built on the lot.

I've been able to move a playable family into all 4 lots, just not all at once.  As soon as the 3rd family has moved in, the game only gives me the option merge the 4th family with one of the 3 that are already on the lot.  I know it's not the actual apartment, as I have moved the families in and out several times and tried all the "apartments".  But once I have 3 families there, an NPC moves into the 4th house, and I can't move the 4th family into the lot.

Anyone have any suggestions?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:46:18 pm »

According to the Prima Guide, you can have a maximum of 40 sims/pets per apartment lot, or 4 apartments of 8 sims and 2 pets.  If you can't move in that many, it may be a problem with your video drivers not being capable of handling the larger sized head count.  

What is your video card?
upinout

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 09:06:04 am »

I have a radeon 9800 pro in this rig, and the families that already live in the apartment are a family of 2, another family of 2, and a family of 3.  That's a total of 7 sims living on the lot.  The 4th family I'm trying to move in is a single sim.  I Don't think my graphics card would have an issue with 8 sims total.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:10:58 am by upinout » Logged
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 01:13:49 pm »

And thats the problem, there is that cheat that sets your building as a low/meduim/high thingie...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »

That "low/medium/high thingie" has to do with class of the apartment, not with the number of playable residents.
upinout

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 09:53:11 pm »

I did a little test by creating a new apartment lot with four little 5x5 box houses and I was able to move all 4 families into that lot, so I'm guessing that the problem I was having is with that specific lot that I was trying to move all the families into originally.  I'm just not sure what the problem is, because as I said before, I'm able to move a family into any of those apartments, but only up to 3.  

Oh well.  I guess I'll just abandon that lot and try again....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: