Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:49:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life Tips & Tricks  (Read 6157 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:27:16 am »

I found out yesterday you can pick up items left as gifts outside your door. Use the hand tool in your inventory menu (from live mode) and you should be able to pick up flowers, etc.
retrotrut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:02:17 pm »

wow, now that is pretty cool!

Dido's new album "Safe Trip Home" is coming out on November 17 2008. More information found on http://www.didomusic.com and http://www.retro-trut.blogspot.com Smiley
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 02:34:09 pm »

Yes that does work for flowers and newspapers.  Unfortunately it does not work for bigger things, such as piano and in my case aquariums.  

I am so glad that the 'friend' who dropped off the aquarium did not leave it directly in front of the door or else I would be in trouble.  That thing will not move no matter what I do.  I even tried the apartmentBuildBuyRestrictions off cheat, but the game didn't even accept that as a valid code.

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
daistarr3
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 02:58:04 pm »

Did you try the moveobjects on cheat?
erica_jean698

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:28:26 pm »

I did actually, but thanks.

This is a real problem, something EAxis didn't think of apparently.  I hope they fix it soon, as well as the other bugs that are popping up all over the place.

(1st) Picture Perfect (2nd) The Amazing Race (3rd) Model Swap
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 05:58:25 pm »

If you use the config edit that's floating around (I think it's at JayDee) you can force an error and have the item delete itself.
BlackKat13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 11:18:40 pm »

Use boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true, shift and click on the item, and select "force error" you will get an option to delete the item Smiley

I'll be in Race For the Cure on September 21st.  Help me save the boobies, and raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation!  Click Here
Save Boobies Everywhere!-Click HERE to Fund Free Mammograms!
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 03:15:51 am »

The cheat is boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false (or aptbase) depending on the lot type then, you still need move objects on to get things like that aquarium.

Interestingly, I have never had junk left outside but, I have a butler that greets them at the mailbox since he has little to do inside so they put things inside the door for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: