Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:21:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you build an apartment?  (Read 3646 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tweeter

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2008, 12:05:07 pm »

Call me stupid, but I can't figure out how to build an apartment complex from scratch.  I've got a lot - it's either residential or community.  The residential lot only gives me a single mailbox.  Community one's don't give on at all.  I've used the correct doors, but it's still just one house.  I don't want to use the default places, but I just can't seem to make my own.  Any help would be most appreciated.

"Strange is just a different point of view"
jackie202

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:18:08 pm »

hey tweeter!

i havent tried to build one on my own yet, but ive seen other people having the same issue as you.

i read in another post some said

"This should work for you..

Set the lot to residential, then go into the lot in build mode and look in the doors section for apartment doors with mats. These doors lets the game know what rooms are apartments and what aren't, then turn the "changelotzoning apartmentbase" cheat code on for that lot and add a family. The game will automatically create rent values for each unit and you should be good to go."

and "You use it in neighborhood. I think you have to have the lot selected too. The cheat is " changelotzoning apartmentbase ""

im not quite sure why maxis would let those apartment doors be avalible to us in buy mode, yet to build an apartment, we need a cheat to zone the lot for apartments...hmm...still puzzles.

im wondering, do we need to furnish the apartments for NPC'S? or do we add the basic, like some kitchen and bath items, and they fill in the rest...i think they add what they want..

♥~♥~♥~My New Simmies!♥~♥~♥~ [/COLOR]

Want my sims? Download them Here
[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]:cya:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 01:30:21 pm »

Start with a residential lot.  Build and furnish the apartment.  Each apartment can only have one door.  Don't use the floor separaters from Pets!  Everything outside is considered part of or belonging to the common area.  Once the apartment is finished use the cheat "changeLotZoning apartmentbase"

When you build an apartment, furnish it as if you were going to move a sim into it.  The townies that move into the apartment will have that furnishing.  The apartment you move a playable sim into will have most of that furniture removed so your sim starts with a kitchen, bathrooms and depending on what else was added another item or two.
''Blakk Velvett''

''I am, was, is and always will be ME =D''

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 01:56:20 pm »

i'm with you cause the book doesn't tell you how. is there some special ''way''?

I am ''The Velvett One''
''Blakk Velvett''

''I am, was, is and always will be ME =D''

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 02:06:59 pm »

thanks guys. i am gonna build away!!!!!!!!:-P:-P

I am ''The Velvett One''
tweeter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 08:32:44 am »

Wicked - thanks a mil for your help, guys.  Will try out your suggestions.

Is it me, or does that seem a bit strange -having to use a cheat to build something that should be part of the whole package... it'd be like having to use a cheat to build a dorm in Uni....

"Strange is just a different point of view"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 11:47:18 am »

Apartments and dorms are done that way in order to limit build mode while in live mode.  There's probably other ways it could have been done, but this is what the developers came up with.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: