Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:08:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a n00b lol. how do i build my own apartment complex from scratch?  (Read 5037 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
computer2much

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2008, 01:43:56 pm »

I was so excited about Apartment Life that I bought it right away, because I wanted to be able to build my own apartment complexes. I was hoping you could just do it through the game, but aparently not. I saw that other people had built them and I was wondering what I have to do and like what kinda stuff I have to have to make it work...

Thanks!
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 01:57:49 pm »

Build a building in residential mode, then (before moving Sims in) use the cheatcode:

changelotzoning apartmentbase

After which you should be able to move families in the apartments.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. You must use the 'unique separator' door (with the doormat) as the only entrance in and out of the apartment. If you have another way out of the apartment, it won't work. All back yards, patios, decks, etc. must be enclosed.

2. Make sure you furnish the apartments that you don't intend to use for your playable sims, otherwise when you go to visit the NPC neighbors, they won't have any furniture!

3. Double-check before using the changelotzoning cheat, make sure you have stairs, doors, windows, etc. where you want them. You cannot build these things in residential mode.
computer2much

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 02:14:03 pm »

mmk thanks!
TtheK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 07:11:49 am »

Perhaps this should be stickied. I bet this will end up being the #1 question for Apartment Life.
dragon_tfm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:25:10 pm »

this is a good source of info http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Building_an_Apartment

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008

please do not upload my creations anywhere else or claim them as your own thx!
greeneyedsims

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 05:14:02 pm »

Thanks dragon, this is great information!

Simmington Hills:  For Sims, By Sims
[/b]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: