Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:28:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm just not sure  (Read 4014 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lilibet

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2008, 02:25:40 pm »

I have a birthday coming very soon and think I may very likely get Apartment Life as a gift.  The thing is, I'm not certain I want it.  Witches don't do a thing for me (would never use them), and the apartment idea doesn't overly float my boat either.  On the flip side, I have all the other expansion packs and fun packs, even from Sims1 and this is more than likely the final expansion pack for Sims2.  If you don't have it, you will be limited as to the downloads you can use.  (Is that important?)  I could do without most of my hacks (would't be happy, but I could manage) except InSimenator, multi painting and Monique's computer as updated by someone else the last time.  If those 3 things don't work, I think I'll pass on Apartment Life.  Does anyone have any words of advice or suggestions?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:38:13 pm »

As far as InSim and Monique's computer, they are both being updated now.  I believe someone has mentioned Merola's painting is working fine.

I've got all the EPs and, after seeing what they do, have never played with vampires, zombies, plant sims, servos, and werewolves.  I don't see a problem not playing with witches too.  You just don't have to interact with them if you see them.

There would be no problem at all not moving any of your sims into an apartment.  The build and buy additions the game has made for apartments apply to single dwelling houses also.

Stepping behind those two prominent additions to the game, you've got a host of new social interactions.

Do some more reading on what people are doing with AL and make your decision.
lilibet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 03:25:44 pm »

That has been my mode of operations too.  I just don't do the plant sims, etc. and I won't do witches either.   I just hope the pros outweigh the cons.  Thanks for the information about the InSim and computer.  These updated versions will be available here at this site when they are ready, right?  Guess I am sort of paranoid because when I installed Free Time I had such a mess I called technical support for Sims 2 and what they led me to do destroyed my files and I lost all my neighborhoods and families (some 8th and 9th generations).  So had to begin all over again.  Yuk!!!  This was particularly annoying because I had backed up my game on a flash drive before I began the installation process  Don't ask me how it happened. I don't have the foggiest idea, but I know it did happen.  I had people who are knowledgeable about computers try to help me out and they couldn't figure it out either.  Anyhow, I want to be absolutely certain that the expansion pack is worth taking the risk again.  Again, thanks for your response.
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 08:38:09 am »

I agree,Apartment Life is worth it just for the many new interactions,and the playground equipment for the kiddies,another wonderful thing about the EP is that Maxis seemed to have toned down the pillow fights and waterballoon fights.I have Bon Voyage and this will make vacations a breeze,before I had to leave certain vacation spots because the lag caused by townies waterballon fighting was too intense.

Lover of lederhosen
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 01:07:50 pm »

Lilibet, I feel your pain. I recently had a computer crash and I was debating whether to reinstall Pets. I hate the animals, I find them insipid and boring. But my problem was that a lot of downloads require you to have Pets to work properly, so I installed. In the future, many downloads will probably require Apartment Life, so you'll have to balance whether the new features are useless to you versus the download and other benefits. Let us know what you decide!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: