Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 10:28:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: InSim and Download Objects with AL  (Read 2947 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
TxWildflower
« on: August 30, 2008, 10:13:16 pm »

Ok I just got AL and I'm stupid and having some issues:

1.  None of the objects I had before.  My downloaded objects are not working.  None of them.  It shows them in the beginning when I click allow embedded objects or whatever it says, but they're not showing up in build/buy mode at all.  Also the Insim is not working at all.

2. In non active apartments all I see are shadows of the sims moving around.  They are not illuminated at all.  I tried turning on the lights but that does nothing.  Even when the active family walks into an inactive families apartment it never illuminates.  Maybe I'm silly but I thought you could play all families at once.  Is there a way to toggle between families without going to neighborhood view?

I'm also soo not advanced with hacking or anything, so is there a simple way to fix this for a dummy like me?

Thanks
:worship:
EmpressSapphire
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 11:39:48 pm »

Unfortunately, you have to go to neighborhood view to switch to another apartment. I am hoping they will patch this so you can toggle back and forth. The way Maxis teased us with this, you would think you can toggle, but I have found that the game is more challenging not to be able to do so. I imagine that I why it is as it is. Give it a month or less and omeone will come up with a hack so that we can toggle from apartment to apartment.

I had the same problem with my objects pre-Apartment Life not showing up. I removed all of them from their organized folders and ow they show in the catalog as they are supposed to. I did not want to take them out of their folders, but that is the only way I could get them to show up and now they all work fine.

Hope this helps.
Supernatural_Vixen

Certified Teddy Bear Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 12:00:20 am »

You have to allow the objects to be shown, by clicking enable custom content.  But unfortantly, you won't be able to see the objects until you 1. Save the game 2. Start the game over and they should be visible Smiley

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole!
:iroc: Fire up the Impala!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: