Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 11:36:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Does Apartment Life's Witch feature equal Satanism?
Yes - 12 (4%)
No - 91 (30.1%)
What the hell is she smoking? - 199 (65.9%)
Total Voters: 206

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life = Satantist?  (Read 60362 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 10:04:08 am »

Just keep in mind what not all Christians feel this way and the vast majority would see it as what it is.. a game. Secondly, Gambler, I'm not bashing her exactly. I found it interesting and am curious as to whom is actually offended by witches being in their game. There was also gross misperception given by this, that Witches and Witchcraft equate Satanism, and this is an oppurtunity for people to ask questions without getting their head ripped off and being banned.
Morgaine

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 01:17:11 pm »

I cannot understand any kind of extreme thinking... I AM a christian and it NEVER occured to me that a funny game could be satanic or something like that... besides, the bad boy/girl is the one who thinks the bad things, or not?

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 01:55:44 pm »

Gambler, I don't think most were bashing her for her feelings, just like no one will bash you (at inism) for yours. I think it is wrong to ask for the opinions of others and then ban them when they do not agree with you. I see you feel similar in the effect that everyone should not be bashed for there beliefs. I do agree with you on another point; it is an easy concept to get. Because I don't like situation, I will not go to her site. I believe the debate is about what the she considers satanic, how people were offended by her actions after they voiced the opinion she asked for and about what we consider satanic. I think others might feel offended that it is assumed that because you are not of the Christian religion you can be categorized as a satanist. I see that this is your first post, so I dont want you to think we (the Insimenator community) are attacking this person without reason. She has made it a point to look down on others with different beliefs. It is very sad that to see that things like this still happen.

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
GAMBLER

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 02:13:59 pm »

I just think picking out this single person is a little over the top.  Christianity and any other religeon is based on faith.  She has a firm belief, whether it's right or wrong.  I commend her for sticking to it.  What's going on here seems like reverse judgement.  If she believes witchcraft is satanic and you don't then woopiedoo.  Everyone is different.  This whole thread seems more like a 'witch'hunt, pardon the pun.

It was pointed out to me that kathy has a personal thing with mulsow too and there was a thread here before that kathy said she would ban people if they supported mulsow.

This whole thing is about judging others with different beliefs than your own.
Revan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 02:51:26 pm »

She ode have the right to run her site the way she wants it.  But should not force belief onto other.  Last time I check we have the right to our opinions.  If you disagree with it that on them and vis versa.  I don't see where there is any bashing going on.
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 02:55:24 pm »

I'm a christian, but I feel if you do not like whats on the ep don't buy it or just play around it, you don't have to make witches and use spells. I myself say it's just a game--get over it...

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 02:55:36 pm »

Quote from: GAMBLER;1361308
I just think picking out this single person is a little over the top. Christianity and any other religeon is based on faith. She has a firm belief, whether it's right or wrong. I commend her for sticking to it. What's going on here seems like reverse judgement. If she believes witchcraft is satanic and you don't then woopiedoo. Everyone is different. This whole thread seems more like a 'witch'hunt, pardon the pun.

It was pointed out to me that kathy has a personal thing with mulsow too and there was a thread here before that kathy said she would ban people if they supported mulsow.

I have never nor would never ban people if they supported her. This seems to be the fabric of someones imagination. My personal feelings aside this is nothing more than what I stated before. If you or Deanna wish to view it as something more than please feel free.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 03:02:42 pm »

I am sorry you feel this way. If it came to my attention that this was happening with another site with another site owner, I would still feel the same way. I wasnt argueing with you about anything you wrote; my whole point was dont ask for others to voice there opinion and then ban them becuase they dont think or feel like you. I think thats where there is a misunderstanding. I doesnt bother me about what this person believes in, it doesnt bother me what any one person believes in as long as they are happy and not trying to force their beliefs on me.  I have written this in my other posts as well. I also dont believe I am 'reverse judging' her, her actions can't be misconstrued in any way (IMO).

Gamber, if you dont agree with me that is fine; I would never force my opinion on anyone. We will just have to agree to disagree. With that said, I will have to bow out of this discussion before it gets any less uncordial.

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 03:04:02 pm »

I believe both Squinge and I would agree that while Kathy has had personal issues with us, and vice versa, forgive and forget are also present.  I seriously doubt there's a witch hunt going on

Muslow made quite a name for herself here, earning multiple 3 day bannings constantly.  Much of the behavior she exhibited here was anything but Christian-like.  So yeah, there is history, but history is in the past.  Being more familiar with that history than you, I didn't see anything in the original post that hinted at a restart of the Kathy-Muslow "war".
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 03:08:08 pm »

Thank you ancient.. you summed it up perfectly Smiley
GAMBLER

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 03:13:40 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1361371
Much of the behavior she exhibited here was anything but Christian-like.

Looks a lot like you're judgeing her right there.  Who are you to decide what Christian behavior is anymore than she is to decide what isn't?  Big double standard here.

Quote from: ancienthighway;1361371
So yeah, there is history, but history is in the past.  Being more familiar with that history than you, I didn't see anything in the original post that hinted at a restart of the Kathy-Muslow "war".

Much, much history here and it certainly isn't in the past.  Some people really need to move on.
raynesonyx

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 03:17:57 pm »

I received that email also. I though "Wow that's a slap in the face to all practicing witches or wiccans." I think one thing that has yet to be mentioned is that witches don't even believe in the devil hence there can be no satanic worship... If god and the devil were playing football it would be the football stadium that the witches worship. They worship nature not the devil. That's just crazy! I am also inclined to believe that the person who wrote that statement doesn't realize that there is a difference between witchcraft and Satanism, they are not interchangeable.  Secondly it’s just a game! Now I take my Sims as seriously as the next woman (I was at the store when it opened for Apartment Life) but seriously have they lost their ability to step back and say "It's just a game," and mean it? And lastly I have a hard time listening to a site claiming to take the moral high ground when they redistribute meshes for hairs that were supposed to be nondistributable (not that I'm defending pay sites...They are evil, selfish, jerks!!!:angryfir:). Just some food for thought.  Before one opens their mouth they should know what they are saying.
:lurk:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 05:15:09 pm by raynesonyx » Logged

:cat: "Who could refrain that had a heart to love, and in that heart, courage to make love known?" ---William Shakespeare's MacBeth (A2, S3)
RageRage

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2008, 03:26:33 pm »

Gambler, as one of the people who she banned, I have to say that her behaviour was anything but christian (and yes, I do know what christian behaviour is). She was rude and insulting to several people who posted in the thread, even calling one of them 'demonic'. She flat out lied about the thread later on.

After the banning, when members of her forum became uncomfortable with her behaviour and decided to leave, she attempted to make amends, not by apologising, but by claiming she had been 'threatened', which was a complete lie. Of course, by this time she had deleted most of the thread, and banned most of the participants. Nobody in that thread was anything but polite to her. We only attempted to educate her in a subject she appeared ignorant of. In response to that, we were insulted in a particularly childish fashion.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2008, 03:36:34 pm »

Quote from: GAMBLER;1361308
I just think picking out this single person is a little over the top.  Christianity and any other religeon is based on faith.  She has a firm belief, whether it's right or wrong.  I commend her for sticking to it.  What's going on here seems like reverse judgement.  If she believes witchcraft is satanic and you don't then woopiedoo.  Everyone is different.  This whole thread seems more like a 'witch'hunt, pardon the pun.

I've never seen a thread stating that Kathy would ban people. I have seen past logs and can tell you the general consensus by members both on the main site and the adult one was that DL was forcing her religion on other people (yes, she was also on the adult site). I was not there for it and am grateful. I am a member of DL's site and a moderator here. Although quite honestly I expected to be banned from there based on my post here or that I was a mod on InSIM. It's sad because there are people on that site that I really like. I've never spoken to DL and she's never made an attempt to speak with me directly. *shrugs*

The reason her email was placed up here was not because of who she is, but that she seems to be the ONLY person who made such an outlandish and hyperbolic statement about the game. One: She judged a game's contents without viewing it. Two: She made a very broad statement that insulted a lot of people. I was really sad to see that thread. Again, she had a chance to show acceptance to others outside of her faith (which she states in the thread and on the site) and to learn about a religion that she was obviously not clear on. I remember asking a Rabbi about Christianity and they called it a cult. To them... it was. I was highly insulted because there are many people dear to me in that religion and I felt it belittled their beliefs. But that's what you get for asking someone in one religion about another. My friend is Wiccan so I asked her about the religion yesterday morning. Ironically what was stopped on one site still helped me to grow and understand more on another.

I always commend people on sticking to their faith. But running a forum where there are people of multiple faiths (and lifestyles) there should be a certain amount of care when making statements. Unfortunately that email did not do this and the thread that has since been deleted (but has been saved on different forums) was one step away from bigotry. It also made a lot of people feel very unwelcome on that site.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2008, 03:44:48 pm »

I will say this though, for me personally, it is the matter at hand, not the person behind it. We had a similar thread when the whole Jack Thompson issue was transpiring. We had multiple threads regarding the entire paysite/freesite fiasco.

If it were anyone else in the community that had done this this very thread would still exsist for people to exchange ideas and educate one another based off of bad information being provided. And quite honestly if I mass mailed an email to the members of my forums telling them that Christianity would not be accepted here and anyone who wanted to share their Christian beliefs would be banned I would expect a much nastier reception than the one that has displayed in this thread.

I also have to commend the participants thus far for remaining mature and keeping the namecalling to a minimum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: