Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:13:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Does Apartment Life's Witch feature equal Satanism?
Yes - 12 (4%)
No - 91 (30.1%)
What the hell is she smoking? - 199 (65.9%)
Total Voters: 206

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life = Satantist?  (Read 59482 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:34:49 am »

As we all know in this last EP release brought Witches to our game. Some have embraced this concept while some were bothered by it. However one community member/site owner DLMulsow has taken it upon herself to declare that it embraces satantic behavior and even decided to mass email her members concerning it and ban those who disagree/question her authority.

THE NEWEST EP, APARTMENT LIFE, HAS INCLUDED WITCHES AND WITCHCRAFT IN THE
GAME'S PLAY.

I'm not especially excited about the witchery as satanic materials are not
allowed on this site. I hope everyone will be responsible with their photos
and story material regarding this new feature.

Juvinile hyjinks will be allowed, but apparently evil and satanic content
won't be allowed. If you are unsure of the material you want to post, don't
be afraid to ask.

I have not been able to review the new EP yet so as I get opportunity,
discussion may insue on the topic.

DLMULSOW'S SIM~ANTICS IS A CHRISTIAN BASED SITE AND DOES NOT TOLERATE
SATANIC MATERIAL AND/OR CONTENT.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter as I want to keep
this site a friendly place for ALL to come.

Sincerely,
DLMulsow

While some of us may have found this amusing at best and incrediably absurd at the same time it has me rather curious as to what everyone else thinks.

I, personally, think some people need to get a grip on reality and possibly seek help.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:37:13 am by kathy » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 01:46:19 am »

Some Christians, not all, can be a bit extreme in their..........whatever.
Some of my closest friends are Christians and they just shrug it off.

I'm Catholic. I don't own the game. But my opinion is, it's just a freaking game. Enjoy it the way it was intended to be enjoyed. And, some people need to get a life.

Also, I will say this, Drama Queen.

EDIT: Does she believe in using a spell checker?!!?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:58:54 am »

I didnt got it... wtf are you talking about??

EDIT: is she gone mad? its just a fuc*** game!!! satanic materials... what the hell is she smoking?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:03:40 am by MoronStyle7 » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 02:01:00 am »

I think she left off a few words in her description of her site.  
DLMULSOW'S SIM~ANTICS IS A CHRISTIAN BASED SITE (when it suits my purpose) AND DOES NOT TOLERATE
SATANIC MATERIAL AND/OR CONTENT

Is the Wizard of Oz a Satan movie too?
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:03:02 am »

rofl ancient.. it is now
Corinne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 02:05:18 am »

I wish I knew what to say, but I don't.

I'm just angry and sick that she banned (and/or threatened to ban) people for trying to educate her and attempting to show her that witches and magick is not satanic.

I won't judge - I just know better.

J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 02:13:56 am »

I think it's sad to judge something without knowing the facts. To assume that a game made for teens up would have satanic storylines is just silly. I don't even understand why the email went out (although I never received a copy).

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 02:15:42 am »

I didn't get a copy either.

And I checked my email twice, because I'm so nice Cheesy

If I did get one, I'd more or less to her to get a life.

The Sims 3.........NO!
Jron7667

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 02:29:29 am »

According to my brother's church and his wife, yes. Yes it is. But then again they burned Harry Potter books.

In my Humble opinon, these are the real dangers to our children's minds and lives.  Something is twisted in their heads and every thing is evil and they color their lives with shadows of their own making.

I don't like it, but it is their lives and not mine. As long as they don't infringe upon my beliefs and ideas, they can stay to themselves.

Quote from: ancienthighway;1359470
I think she left off a few words in her description of her site.  

Is the Wizard of Oz a Satan movie too?
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 02:46:46 am »

See Jron that is exactly how I feel. Those sorts of beliefs are indeed abuse.. you are teaching ignorance and hatred. But as long as they aren't shoving their beliefs on me then whatever.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 02:49:35 am »

Same thing with my Christian friends. They don't shove their religion down my throat, and I don't shove my beliefs down theirs.

The Sims 3.........NO!
SIMale

Simlish linguist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 03:00:11 am »

Isn't vampires and zombies evil too by those standards?

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 03:04:57 am »

You would certainly think so now wouldn't you?
Mickey57

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 03:05:03 am »

I read all of her posts on the subject and there was a bit more detail that she gave out.  For instance, as an example, she said that items that had symbols such as pentagrams would not be tolerated and objects like inverted crosses would not be tolerated.  She seems to feel that it is not appropriate to embrace the darker side of witchcraft.  She also stated in her post that the site would allow objects and items that reference more of a 'Bewitched' type of lighter view on witchcraft.  

I also read some of the responses to her rule and from what I read, they were more attacks than responses.  They, in my opinion, seem to be the 'you are stupid if you don't agree with me....' type of responses rather than people simply stating their opinions and moving on from there.  

If I recall correctly, there was also a similar discussion here a long time back regarding stories and objects involving slavery and other forms of human abuse.  Some wanted to see items that would assist in creating stories of such behaviors and those in control here took the stance that such items and stories would not be tolerated for any reason.  

How is one really any different from the other?  Site owners have the ultimate right to determine what their site will or won't tolerate and will or won't promote.  Those who enjoy the site then have to make a choice regarding whether or not they want to continue using the site.  Those who make items that violate policy must then choose to either keep their creations to themselves or choose post them elsewhere.  

I often think we forget two important things when visiting sites.  

First, the site owner owns the site and has the ultimate right to determine what will be posted there.  If visitors and creators don't like it, they can join another site or create their own.  

Second, it's only a game!

For me, the bottom line is:  I don't agree 100% with things I see here at this site or at that site.  I choose to go to the sites because I like the people and the creations.  If there is something I want that these sites don't offer, I go elsewhere.

:worship:Big Daddy still got it goin' on!:worship:
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 03:13:49 am »

I think she is hiding her ignorance and fear behind her beliefs. Wicca and paganism are not Satanism and she is sadly mistaken in lumping them all in together. I was raised with religion but have learned about other forms of belief. If you don't educate yourself, then you should just keep your mouth shut about your ignorance and let people wonder rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: