Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:41:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Does Apartment Life's Witch feature equal Satanism?
Yes - 12 (4%)
No - 91 (30.1%)
What the hell is she smoking? - 199 (65.9%)
Total Voters: 206

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life = Satantist?  (Read 59380 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 03:17:06 am »

It's tough when you are talking about religion. I saw the whole thread too. There was heated discussion of course but when you see an email stating that you are a devil worshiper for your religion I can understand the anger. It's one thing to set a standard about what is and is not posted on the site. But to call it satanism and then not allow those to at least speak their peace is going to get a backlash.

From what I saw the tensions were high and she had a chance to diffuse the issue and make an interesting discussion out of it. Sadly it was dealt with by banning and deleting. When you are the owner of a site your rules are what make the site work. But you have to understand that when you run a community based site you have to be able to absorb the heat. Especially when it was something you said to start it. People make mistakes or send things without realizing exactly how bad it will be received by those who believe differently. She alienated a lot of people by her responses.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Death by Flies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 03:29:15 am »

Someone should tell her that lying is sinful. Wink It seems all this is doing is causing people to lie just to make an admin happy. Most who agree will agree out of fear of being banned. Same goes for those who say nothing at all.

Kathy, you should make a thread saying that clouds are made of marshmallows and threaten to ban anyone who disagrees. That's my opinion.

But whatever...places like that lose members fast. It's good to set rules, but that's just ridiculous.

If anyone genuinely agrees with her, however, that's absolutely fine as long as you don't threaten people. lol. More power to ya.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 06:35:11 am by Death by Flies » Logged

aliccolo

Ambassador to Romulus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 03:42:48 am »

Quote from: Death by Flies;1359515

Kathy, you should make a thread saying that clouds are made of marshmallows and threaten to ban anyone who disagrees. That's my opinion.

I was about to suggest something along those lines too, DbF (great minds think alike lol.)

I'm just not sure why religion needs to come up at all.  I mean, it's just a game.  Is it really worth getting so bend out of shape?  If you honestly believe it's Satanic, good for you.  But why force your beliefs on others and go ban-crazy?  Why silence people with differing opinions or beliefs?  Why should I convert or declare anything about my beliefs in order to participate in a Sims 2 forum?  *glares*  This just conjurs up the images of Soviet gulags...

Join the All-New SynapticSim's Lair!  Home to the Best Comic & Sci-Fi CC Ever!
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 03:51:24 am »

Quote from: SIMale;1359505
Isn't vampires and zombies evil too by those standards?

I guess so, but its so weird, I guess I'll never understand that since I'm Jewish, its a game! com'on! and now you gonna tell me that robots are satanic too...
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 04:03:58 am »

Yes it's just a game and even in the game and for me witches don't appear so satanist. Wink
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 04:15:02 am »

Yea, the only "satanic" action they can do is to fire up sims/objects...
EgyptianGoddess

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 04:17:20 am »

wow, that's just nuts-a site like that is not even a site worth joining..now I see why I stick to the same sites only.
  any other views I could have shared on this topic were clearly expressed by other wonderful members, so i'll leave it at that.

Coffee in England is just toasted milk.  ~Author Unknown
:happy8:
" It is better to be hurt by others than to be the one hurting them. It may seem forgivable to others but mistakes are bound to be remembered for eternity, even in the deepest part of Hades."
SVT

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 05:00:01 am »

erh... has somebody told the ignorant that satan was a late creation of the medieval christian administration to make the people pay the church's taxes?

:stop:SECUROM MUST BE DESTROYED:stop:
CuriousSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 10:11:28 am »

Ridiculous. As a Christian, I find this to be along the same fundamentalist lines as Harry Potter being a book about satan worship. Get a grip!
Enayla

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 10:19:57 am »

Ehh… I think that’s the last time I visited that site. The whole thing seems a little absurd, to me.

[INDENT]www.furiae.com[/INDENT]
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 10:22:39 am »

Quote from: Death by Flies;1359515
Someone should tell her that lying is sinful. Wink It seems all this is doing is causing people to lie just to make an admin happy. Most who agree will agree out of fear of being banned. Same goes for those who say nothing at all.

But whatever...places like that lose members fast. It's good to set rules, but that's just ridiculous.

If anyone genuinely agrees with her, however, that's absolutely fine as long as you don't threaten people. lol. More power to ya.

Quote from: aliccolo;1359521
I was about to suggest something along those lines too, DbF (great minds think alike lol.)

I'm just not sure why religion needs to come up at all. I mean, it's just a game. Is it really worth getting so bend out of shape? If you honestly believe it's Satanic, good for you. But why force your beliefs on others and go ban-crazy? Why silence people with differing opinions or beliefs? Why should I convert or declare anything about my beliefs in order to participate in a Sims 2 forum? *glares* This just conjurs up the images of Soviet gulags...

See while I find that suggestion funny as hell and I would hope people would take it in jest you have to wonder how many wouldn't or would, as you guys noted, simply agree out of fear of being banned.

Mikey for me it isn't a matter of her being a site owner or not because you are indeed correct, we can set whatever rules we want and if you don't like it you can find another site. It is more for me that what is being spewed in one second it is a Christian site, which I find laughable at best considering the amount of theft that has transpired on that site, and then next showing what type of hypocrite she is by shutting down people who do not share the same beliefs as herself.

Essentially what she has said is her religion is the only true religion and anyone who dares to disagree is evil and she pitys them. I'm atheist, was raised in a fairly strict Catholic household, I am not one to degrade anyone for their belief system, no matter what it may be. If you worship Satan fine.. hell if you worship the Easter Bunny more power to you, the only thing that I ask is that you respect my family and myself and not try to push your beliefs off on me. If you want to discuss religion with me I will willingly discuss it, with an open mind, however if you want to bash me over the head with your bible it isn't happening.

And I believe that is what has quite a few people so upset. I only saw snippits of the thread and while some people were visabily disgusted and told her that she was a hypocrite, which I'm sorry under the circumstances I would expect no less, I think for the most part people were trying to understand why and educate her that Pagans/Wiccans are not Satanists.
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 11:04:42 am »

Imho it's her site and she can really do whatever she wants.  Do I agree with her?  No.
But she does have the right to request members not to post things she does not want on her site.  Yes she does.

Someone should however explain to her that a witch is not a satan worshiper.  That a pentagram is a protection symbol not a symbol of the devil and it only becomes Satanic when it is inverted.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 11:09:47 am »

All I have to say is that she needs to get a grip on reality, and maybe she should realize that stealing is a sin too, as is lying. No matter if it's small or big all sin is sin. Further more it's a fricking game, who care if we have witches, wolves, aliens, elves, faeries, and the list could go on. If you don't like it don't play with it, but don't cram your beliefs, misconceptions and other bullsh!t down people's throats. And yeah spellcheck is a friend, she could have used it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:22:25 pm by jaccirocker » Logged
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 11:14:26 am »

Game.  Real Life.  Very different in definition. Please get that!

I personally don't have attachment to icons in religion, meaning they are just objects. I never understood the fear of seeing a pentagram or inverted cross would cause me harm. I would have to believe that objects have powerful energy in it, and the science driven part of my brain does not absorb that. Wink I guess that is why I am not part of organized religion, but I don't knock anyone else's beliefs.

I think that people expressing their imagination through the Sims game, is art at work.  Just the same with anything else in life, if you don't like it then don't look, watch, or read it. It's not for you. Leave the thread or the site if you are offended. With all the different sites out there, has to one that will welcome all the witchery and satanism you want to express.  Just don't do it at DLMulsow. :giggle:

*sigh*  Just grow up!

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 12:11:50 pm »

It is truly sad to hear of this. I would never want to push my beliefs on others, force them to think, walk, talk or act just like me.  I agree with everyone here, I feel like as long as your happy believe in what ever you want to. Banning people who speak of their opinion's that differs from yours when you asked for it is terrible.

Quote from: jaccirocker;1359783
All I have to say is that she needs to get a grip on reality ..... And yeah spellcheck is a friend, she could have used it.

lol I was trying to figure out what she meant by 'insue' :lol:

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: