Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:10:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Does Apartment Life's Witch feature equal Satanism?
Yes - 12 (4%)
No - 91 (30.1%)
What the hell is she smoking? - 199 (65.9%)
Total Voters: 206

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life = Satantist?  (Read 59505 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bear5000

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 12:17:06 pm »

I got the email and deleted it, I really missed the magic from the first sims so I'm glad it's back, besides my wife isn't a satanist and she's a practicing witch, so labeling people out of fear isn't cool.
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 01:13:14 pm »

I find the sheer and utter stupidity in it hilarious. It is just a game and not meant to be taken literally, honestly. I saw nothing satanic about the witches in the game, and trust me I spent the better part of three days since getting the EP looking for them just so I could test them out and see.

Though sadly upon finding out that witches were in the game I kind of suspected that something would happen like this, where it was taken to an extreme.

Everyone is entitled to their own belief system and what they want to see on their site, that is their right as an owner. What I think is absolutely disturbing is that she’s banning people that don’t share in her opinion. Religion is a touchy subject and she really should have known upon posting and sending out her little email, that there were going to be those that didn’t have her views and would try to explain it. As a site owner she should have known this and been prepared to instead of banning actually take the time to listen to her members and find a happy medium on her so called Christian (when it suits her site) that she has.

Bottom line her banning people from my angle is just wrong, a forum is meant to give its members a place to speak freely and not somewhere that they have to hide what they think; just because they fear the admin might very well ban them for that belief. Its being small minded and hypocritical on her part.

Ugh, small minded people make me sad.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 01:15:59 pm by TheDebofNight » Logged

Chronicles of a Former Cammy Do Girl
A Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines Fanfiction
--------------------------------------
STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
Super Hero's in LAs Vegas?
That's right, will you fight for Light or Dark?
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 01:34:18 pm »

This is the first i've heard of it. I don't really think playing my little old computer game that just happens to have a witch in it will send me to hell wearing gasoline panties.. but, to each his/her own.

I respect any site owner's wish to allow/disallow any content they see fit. I don't have to agree or disagree with it. All I have to do is continue to be a mad addict of the sims and eventually try to find some kind of treatment for said addiction...

... help me..

...enjoying the game.
Lestergirl

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 06:06:58 pm »

No "Evil" SimsWitches, but Bewitch Witches are ok? That is so absurdly moronic and pathetically sad, in a hysterically funny kind of way. I am going to chuckle about this the rest of the day.

Hugs-Linda

All of life's big problems include the words "indictment" or "inoperable." Everything else is small stuff. :bunny:
queennocture

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 07:53:03 pm »

As a practicing Christian, I'm going to put in my two cents.  From what I was raised with, we are not supposed to allow something like the occult get in the way of our worship of God.  That's our personal belief.  I personally think that playing a computer game with mentions of witchcraft or reading a book like Harry Potter equals entertainment, not worship.  I don't take a vow to worship Satan whenever I play Sims 2 or read a fantasy book, so I don't understand DLmulsow's problem.

Of course, granted, there are people in my religion that think anything mentioning ideas outside of a literal description of the Bible is evil.  I personally call these people "idiots," and I hate that people get their views of my religion from them.

However, it is DLMulsow's site and it's her right to set the rules for the site.  Even if it means violating rules she already set down:
This site is friendly to most all diversity. DLMulsow is a Christian individual and all races, colors and creeds are accepted here. You are free to be different and unique. We will not tolerate bashing of any sort for individual opinions or concerns.
 It is also my right and the right of everyone else in the sim community to not visit her site. Cheesy

Finally, I wonder why she would make a big fuss over a video game's version of witchcraft when the same game contains the potential for these "unChristian" behaviors:
pre-marital sex
adultery
co-habitation
streaking
male pregnancy
the ability to be gay/bi/whatever
aliens
zombies
vampires
Robots and the ability to have "relations" with robots
werewolves
plant people
Bigfoot
Genies
Maids in skimpy outfits
And overall, the ability to make sims live a life that she probably doesn't approve of.

(And that's before the game mods ^_~ )

Clarisse Presler-Stanton: 1st place in the Apprentice!!

Everytime you steal custom content, God kills a talented custom content creator.  Please, join the Animal Army...for the creators!!!
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 01:45:45 am »

In a world where Teletubbies were considered demonic and Harry Potter is considered to be Lucifer, this isn't shocking.  In a country where hate mongers send out email claiming Obama the anti christ and christians claim that Katrina was the result of homosexuality, I'm not surprised.   It's just funny because Maxis creates very G rated witches, vampires, werewolves and the like.  

She must think games like Oblivion and Worlds of Warcraft are portals to hell itself...

dracine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 02:53:32 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

Can't stop laughing.

This is one of the many reasons why I don't beleive in religion.
jerryking
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 03:27:37 am »

I agreee with Mickey57. I'm a Christian but I don't judge others, I let God do that. And it is her site to do what she wants and say what she wants. I like Vampires and Zombies in my game, theyr'e fun. But I don't think I would want them in my real life. And as for Witches, the only thing I know for sure about them is they act alot like my ex-wife.
Yaakovashoshana

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 04:17:17 am »

Well, on the flip side of that coin, there is a post at More Awesome Than You in which AL witches are denounced as offensive to Wiccans:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12710.0.html

It doesn't matter how innocent and innocuous something is . . . somebody, somewhere will find a reason to get their panties in a bunch over it.

I am a fundamentalist Christian, and I laughed at the other fundamentalists who denounced Harry Potter. That was a book and this is a game. It is whatever one desires to make of it whether it's Dungeous and Dragons or Puff the Magic Dragon. Hmm . . . isn't the motto of the Order of the Garter something along those lines? "Evil be him who evil thinks of it."

As for Christians who don't like witches and other supernatural characters in games, books, and movies . . . Oh! Lighten up, will ya?!

When others do a foolish thing, you should tell them it is a foolish thing. They can still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be. ~ Dukhat~ (J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5)
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 04:50:09 am »

Wow.. From what I read about, I didn't know what her problem was.

I enjoyed playing Sims 2 for entertainment. I never considered witches and witchcraft in Sims 1 to be Satanic or anything else for that matter. The same applies to the witches and witchcraft in Sims 2. The game is just a game. Pure entertainment.

She has the right as the site owner to decide what is allowed to be posted, discussed or uploaded, BUT to go that far to ban anyone who disagree with her is going a little too far. Heck, if she feels that the witches and witchcraft in Sims 2 are Satanic, then she doesn't have to buy and install Apartment Life if she doesn't want to see them. She didn't have to tell these people what they can do or not do. These people can easily get up and leave if they didn't want to deal with that.

I find it amusing that she didn't consider vampires, werewolves and zombies as offensive as the witches.... They're all supernatural beings.

It's all a game. Just entertainment.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
sabriena

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 07:54:26 am »

Her whole sim families will be nothing but witches and warlocks when she gets the EP. She's just putting on a charade to seem like she's a "good" Christian.

Why would you even make a big deal out of it? When she hands out candy for Halloween and a little kid dressed as a witch comes to her door does she yell at them and deny them candy because they're a witch and she deems that satanic? It's in the same realm of stupidity.

I hope one day she can educate herself and become more open minded and learn that games are just games. No more, no less.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 09:15:48 am »

:?  Whoo boy... I can tell this might end up a hot mess.  I'm also Christian, but with everyone else that doesn't see the harm in having paranormals in the game... even though I hardly ever use them, if not at all (...but not for the claims of them being "unholy"... I just find them a little annoying sometimes).  Should it really be that big a deal to send out a mass e-mail?  :dontknow:  If you don't believe in the stuff, it shouldn't be a problem to deal with while playing the game.  Just ignore/delete them or don't use 'em.  It's been working for me for the past 3 years.  :lol:

To put it honestly, I don't see the need to be so stick-up-the-rear on that, since they're just game sprites, not religious icons or a forced practice of religion... but then again, it's her site and her choice, so that's as far as I'm going...  may not agree, but she's the one paying for it.  :angel:

GAMBLER

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 09:35:57 am »

Why is everyone bashing her for her beliefs?  Do you really have to throw a fit everytime someone else doesn't think or believe the same way you do?  After all it is her site.  The owners here do what they see fit, why can't she?  This double standard is lame.  She made it easy for you too.  If you don't agree, don't go there, if you do, then go there.  If you don't agree, you are still welcome just don't post satanic stuff.  Pretty cut and dried to me.
papa_di

waiting for the cure for the worlds pain

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 09:44:10 am »

I know people who won't allow their kids to watch Harry Potter or Cartoons that have magic in them. I agree with what mickey57 said It's her site she can do what she wants. I saw a lot of people on different sites kicked off because the site owner didn't like what they said or did and I didn't think it was that bad.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:52:00 am by papa_di » Logged

started a new \\\\\\\"ever wonder why?\\\\\\\" Everyone needs to smile more!<br />\\\\\\\"90% of the world is made up of fools and idiots and the rest of us are in danger of contamination.\\\\\\\"
Firestar

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2008, 09:59:02 am »

:rofl:  oh so thats why I couldn't join that site...actually as far as I am aware the pentagram was once used to depict the five wounds of Christ.  But, evil crittur that I am I shall say nothing more than its her site, I guess she can make the rules.

Always trust your first initial feelings, Special knowledge holds true, Bares believing, I turned around, In the crystalline knowledge of you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: