Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:04:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Does Apartment Life's Witch feature equal Satanism?
Yes - 12 (4%)
No - 91 (30.1%)
What the hell is she smoking? - 199 (65.9%)
Total Voters: 206

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life = Satantist?  (Read 59485 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
NikonSnow

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2008, 04:05:23 pm »

:facepalm:

You know what, I'm not even going to be nice about it, it's time we called a spade a spade here.

Equating fairytale green witches with Satanism is STUPID.

Really, that's all I have to say. If she finds reality I hope she holds on tight with both hands.
familyclifton

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2008, 04:05:17 pm »

I  think she might have waited to see what people posted.  I have a lot of faith in people to do the right thing and I think most of us just want to have fun with the witches. I don't see most people going to dark  with them.   Theres a couple of sites out there that are a little dark for me, I just stay away from them. If her site is mostly about having fun and playing a game it will stay that way.
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2008, 04:20:01 pm »

I ranted about this over at GoS..can I rant here too? (: *does the cute face and hopes that works*

First of all, its the ignorance. As pointed out by many people, most of what she has actually said which is Satanic is not. DLMuslow clearly does not know what paganism and witchcraft are. If someone is going to attempt to restrict their members then at least know what you are talking about. Being narrow minded when you make a decision that rules over a large amount of people is stupid. And as Sneebs (over at GoS) said Christianity does have links with Paganism...so she does not even know where her own religion comes from. Being informed of what you are against, means you are informed over what you are for.

Secondly, this is such a blatant over reaction over a game, it would be funny if it was not so offensive. The witches in AL are appropriate for kids, as the game is child/teen rated. So it makes no sense to restrict it from a Teen forum when the game is Teen itself. She even says in other threads that she finds the witches in it silly..which is exactly what EAxis' intent is.

Thirdly, she already has rules regarding expression of Satanism, and these are immediately shoved in your face when you register. People do know about that rule, and that its a Christian site. It was not neccessary to repeat that rule, espicially over something silly...looks drama wanting.

Lastly, she has no right to pass an ignorant, narrow minded viewpoint towards people who are supposed to be welcome to her site. Misunderstanding is something, but closed mind and spite towards a religious faith that you do not even attempt to understand and therefore lump as being Satanic is just foul. It seems like she is presenting that you must be Christian to be at her site. She can inforce rules on her site, guidelines..but what she finds personally offensive when its actually someone else's faith, that she will not try to examine and understand, is wrong. She owns a sim website...the sims is a game..beliefs are real, they are different to each individual. If she thinks she can eliminate a certain religion because she does not like it then that is dreadful.

Banning people who tried to inform and discuss with her otherwise was bad. The thread was deleted, but can be seen here.

Hopefully that rant did not come across as being bitchy..am very irritated by this. Very. Just find it offensive, and really un-needed. Bleh

jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2008, 04:24:26 pm »

ROFL !!!!!! I wasn't going to respond because I didn't want this become a free for all. We all have had or know someone that has ran into bigotry in some way or another. Just because many of us has no idea about the Wicca witches or whatever we shouldn't make blanket assumptions. I don't know enough about it to equate it to anything, but I do know that this all about a game

It's not real so let's all get along and let others drown themselves in stupidity. God how I love this community (insim).

Quote from: NikonSnow;1361474
:facepalm:

You know what, I'm not even going to be nice about it, it's time we called a spade a spade here.

Equating fairytale green witches with Satanism is STUPID.

Really, that's all I have to say. If she finds reality I hope she holds on tight with both hands.
dollxdestroyed

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2008, 04:25:52 pm »

As another one of the banned, I have this to say.

I didn't receive the mass-mail, but saw it when it was posted somewhere (I was a member, but hadn't updated my e-mail address.) and at first I was shocked, then I was put-off. And when she added to it, for discussion, I was angry. This has less to do with Apartment Life witchcraft, and more to do with hypocrisy and narrowmindedness. In fact, one could likely remove the Sims 2 from the situation.

It was a comment in reply to someone's question about the other supernatural things in TS2. When asked if, since Witches are not to be portrayed as anything but "Hollywood", why was it okay to have vampires, werewolves and zombies? DL answered with something along the lines of, "Because they're made-up, and people unfortunately practice 'witchery', which is real-life Satanic involvement.

Well, a few pagans and pagan sympathetics were shocked to read this, some angrier than others. We spoke our piece on the subject, each in a mature and informative manner, suggesting that she educate herself. She replied saying that she was indeed educated enough to call it demonic, hateful, and evil practice. Granted what I said  after that was not entirely polite*, but no one broke the informative, mature demeanor in which we were trying to educate her.

When she made a hideous remark toward me, I responded. This response was deleted, and then soon after the entire thread was deleted - all participants but her and DrPF were banned.

Later she posted that several members were banned to protect her and her members. (Though from what, I've no idea.) She lied, accusing us of threatening her... and then proceeded to repeat that all were welcome, but Satan was not - hammering home the final nail in the coffin that held any respect for her.

(*I had said that, "If I am demonic as you say I am, and your Abrahamic hell exists, we will see each other soon." This was rude, and uncalled for on my part - however I never got a chance to apologize.)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:28:39 pm by dollxdestroyed » Logged
Mihura

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2008, 04:30:56 pm »

Oh please calm down. It's just a game and a 2nd degree thread (for me in any case) so why have to be exceeded by that ? Relax and peace (there are enough sadness on this Earth). :angel:
Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2008, 04:31:12 pm »

Last time I checked, computer programming was atheist.

Seriously, stuff like this turns me away from religion.
Somebody ask her her opinions on Diablo 2.
Julie J

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2008, 04:48:27 pm »

I posted over at GoS regarding this, I've quit that site for good this was the final straw I hate fundamentalism and been disillusioned with that site for a long time. She's lost two creators and goodness know how many members over this latest drama.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2008, 04:55:56 pm »

Whether fairy tale witches or people who practice wicca/witchcraft/paganism...evil isn't in what you are it's in what you do. Witchcraft being equated with evil...well. Most wiccans I know practice 'do as you will and it harm none'. There's good and bad in everything, including mainstream Christianity. I firmly believe in a person's right to believe what they want, but to impose those beliefs on others is wrong. If you don't like the ep because it offends your views, then don't play it. But don't ban others for disagreeing with you.  

I remember the same furor over Makin' Magic. I think it just gets a bit out of hand. It's make-believe green skinned witches. Just like in Sleeping Beauty, Wizard of Oz and Snow White. I don't have the EP yet, myself, so I don't know the extent to it, but even still, I don't see anything wrong. With vampires, zombies, werewolves and aliens abducting and impregnating helpless men , she's worried about witches? (If you want to split hairs for the sake of splitting hairs, wouldn't the alien abduction thing be the equivalent of space rape? Now that's evil. *rolleyes*)

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
GAMBLER

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2008, 05:15:04 pm »

Quote from: dollxdestroyed;1361514
(*I had said that, "If I am demonic as you say I am, and your Abrahamic hell exists, we will see each other soon." This was rude, and uncalled for on my part - however I never got a chance to apologize.)

I can see how she thought this was a threat.  I'm sure she deleted the thread because it was getting out of hand.

I understand the email was sent to the members of the forum.  If you weren't a member it shouldn't affect you.  If you were a member then you knew her forum rules and shouldn't be surprised.

I also think you all believe Christians should somehow be perfect.  

If she thinks witchcraft is satanic, so be it.  Get a grip people.  Some of you believe witchcraft is not satanic.  Does that make you wrong?

Isn't there such a thing as a Christian Jew?  That's kind of a misnomer isn't it?  

This whole thing is ridiculous.  You also claim she has shoved this in your face.  I haven't seen this message posted anywhere else by her.  It's been cut and pasted by someone else.  She sent this to HER members, not to all of you.

I haven't been here long and mostly just download, it's a good thing because this crowd mentality is amazing to me.
raynesonyx

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2008, 05:28:14 pm »

Quote from: GAMBLER;1361602
I can see how she thought this was a threat.  I'm sure she deleted the thread because it was getting out of hand.

I understand the email was sent to the members of the forum.  If you weren't a member it shouldn't affect you.  If you were a member then you knew her forum rules and shouldn't be surprised.

I also think you all believe Christians should somehow be perfect.  

If she thinks witchcraft is satanic, so be it.  Get a grip people.  Some of you believe witchcraft is not satanic.  Does that make you wrong?

Isn't there such a thing as a Christian Jew?  That's kind of a misnomer isn't it?  

This whole thing is ridiculous.  You also claim she has shoved this in your face.  I haven't seen this message posted anywhere else by her.  It's been cut and pasted by someone else.  She sent this to HER members, not to all of you.

I haven't been here long and mostly just download, it's a good thing because this crowd mentality is amazing to me.

Most of us are members both here and there. We can't talk about it there so we discuss it here. If you don't want to read it don't.

:cat: "Who could refrain that had a heart to love, and in that heart, courage to make love known?" ---William Shakespeare's MacBeth (A2, S3)
TrueBeliever

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2008, 05:44:53 pm »

I really find this argument very amusing. It seems to be attack DL time again. As for Catholics being more balanced. I would say reread the History books on the Inquisition again.

Last time I checked, it was her site. She owned it. Therefore she can post whatever she desires and delete as same. Many here are site owners too, I am sure they exercise the same judgement.  Why is she blamed for something that all site owners do then, if this is not in fact a witch hunt? (Pun intended.)

Whatever your issues with DL are, I am sure that they will be gone over with almost orgasmic detail by the usual suspects one more time. With all the normal kool aid drinkers spouting the party line in unison. Leaving a great big slice of fact in the process, as that would get in the way of a good story.  And I am far more familiar with the story as well, I also am aware of the facts that conveniently get left out for the sole purpose of making others who do in fact have favor here. Look better.

We have all come to expect as much.
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2008, 05:50:50 pm »

Drama has always been DL's forte`, I find it ironic at best that this kind of furor is being met out over Saturday morning cartoony depictions of witches. Perhaps 'moronic' might be a more apt description of her hypocritical viewpoints on many a subject.

There's an old saying I'll paraphrase: "Better to let people think you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2008, 06:14:42 pm »

While I do not dispute the fact that it is DL’s board and she has a right to do as she pleases with it, I think there is a bit of the whole pot calling the kettle black thing going on here. You seem to not realize that the same rules apply, this is Kathy and Eric’s board and they do have a right to post what they want. If you don’t like this thread, then simply put. Exit the page and don’t read it, because you can not have your cake and eat it too. Kathy has a right to post a discussion on her own forum without people making a fuss and saying that it has to do with ancient history, which ancient pointed out isn't the case.

Quote from: caffeinated.joy;1361567
With vampires, zombies, werewolves and aliens abducting and impregnating helpless men , she's worried about witches? (If you want to split hairs for the sake of splitting hairs, wouldn't the alien abduction thing be the equivalent of space rape? Now that's evil. *rolleyes*)

I think a good point was made in the above statement, and it goes to prove that witches in the game and claiming them to be a Satanic is a bit of an extreme especially when you are only singling out one thing. As well as banning your members because they don’t agree with you or they try to educate you.

I see hypocrisy this matter as well.

Centuries ago the churches hunted out those that they thought to be vampires and staked them in the heart after they had already been buried or worse. Church and religious officials went on wild hunts for werewolves and even put several people to death because they believed them to be monsters of the night.  With that said why pick just the witches in the game, why not the other two things or as caffeinated.joy said why not the alien pregnancy.  Witches were not the only ones that were hunted down and burned at the stake by the churches and whatnot, but they seem to be the only one being focused on.

Had this been something that had been said in the beginning when University, Pets and Nightlife were put out I would have far more sympathy. As it is though, Religion is a touchy subject on any level and when someone feels that there are belief system is being insulted or offended or they are being backed into a corner they lash out.

The whole point however is that the thread wasn’t meant be considered one person calling another out, the thread was posted to get the views of members and see what they thought about it and if they thought that witches in the game were wrong.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Chronicles of a Former Cammy Do Girl
A Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines Fanfiction
--------------------------------------
STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
Super Hero's in LAs Vegas?
That's right, will you fight for Light or Dark?
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2008, 06:28:45 pm »

Deb very nicely put, thank you. I have always been very interested, though I am not religious, in religion. The persecution that ones have suffered because of their right to choose to believe in such and such seems fundamentally wrong to me.

When someone tells me they find something offensive the first thing I do is ask why. I want to understand their reasoning for it. There are certain things that obviously you do not have to question, ie child molestation but other things if you don't ask you will never fully understand and you remain ignorant in a sense. Even if I disagree I will give the benefit of the doubt and listen to the other people. Listening is very key here. When we, as a collective group, fail to listen to one person we miss that chance to bring about change, change that could benefit everyone. Mind you none of this is directly related to websites but life in general.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: