Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:56:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Does Apartment Life's Witch feature equal Satanism?
Yes - 12 (4%)
No - 91 (30.1%)
What the hell is she smoking? - 199 (65.9%)
Total Voters: 206

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life = Satantist?  (Read 59394 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2008, 06:37:26 pm »

Quote from: GAMBLER;1361602
I can see how she thought this was a threat.  I'm sure she deleted the thread because it was getting out of hand.

I understand the email was sent to the members of the forum.  If you weren't a member it shouldn't affect you.  If you were a member then you knew her forum rules and shouldn't be surprised.

I also think you all believe Christians should somehow be perfect.  

If she thinks witchcraft is satanic, so be it.  Get a grip people.  Some of you believe witchcraft is not satanic.  Does that make you wrong?

Isn't there such a thing as a Christian Jew?  That's kind of a misnomer isn't it?  

This whole thing is ridiculous.  You also claim she has shoved this in your face.  I haven't seen this message posted anywhere else by her.  It's been cut and pasted by someone else.  She sent this to HER members, not to all of you.

I haven't been here long and mostly just download, it's a good thing because this crowd mentality is amazing to me.

See you in Hell a threat? That's not a threat. That's a statement that they are just as bad as they are portraying the people to be. People don't go to Hell by force, only if they are not good Christians, Right? No one said Christians were perfect. Christians don't even say that. I don't even think this is a Christian issue. I think it's an ignorance issue. I know far too many Christians who simply laughed at this when I told them about it.

As far as the Satanic issue... If you believe something that insults other people and make a public statement about it then you have two choices: Keep your mind closed and don't grow or open a book and read up on the subject. It doesn't make you any less a Christian to understand other religions.  

Regarding the email... we have a lot of members who also post there so it did go to them. Not that it matters. There are memos, letters, discussions, etc... that are shown to the public all the time and they weigh in. This email was not private. It was a mass email. My best advice to ANYONE who is sending an email to a bunch of people who are of different faiths on a subject that only effects that person is to think before you hit send.  

Quote from: TrueBeliever;1361660
I really find this argument very amusing. It seems to be attack DL time again.

I have no issue with her personally. I have been a member over there and while I've never spoken to her it is not because I didn't want to. I think you're missing the point. The email itself is what is offensive. I don't even know how many of these people know her. When it was posted on other forums it got the same response. Ironically most didn't know who she was. They were offended by content of the email and not the author.

Last time I checked, it was her site. She owned it. Therefore she can post whatever she desires and delete as same. Many here are site owners too, I am sure they exercise the same judgement.  Why is she blamed for something that all site owners do then, if this is not in fact a witch hunt? (Pun intended.)

You are absolutely right. It is her site and she can do as she pleases. If she wishes to exclude all those who are not her religion than that's her choice. But this is about someone making a broad and incorrect statement which offended people. Also, not all sites ban people at the drop of a hat or because of one heated discussion. Some do, I'll give you that. But while it's their right to do so it's the peoples right to speak their mind about it.  Like raynesonyx said... they weren't allowed to speak about it there so they are speaking about it here.  

Whatever your issues with DL are, I am sure that they will be gone over with almost orgasmic detail by the usual suspects one more time. With all the normal kool aid drinkers spouting the party line in unison. Leaving a great big slice of fact in the process, as that would get in the way of a good story.  And I am far more familiar with the story as well, I also am aware of the facts that conveniently get left out for the sole purpose of making others who do in fact have favor here. Look better.

We have all come to expect as much.

I'd love to know what your last statement means. Please clarify. I was not here for the issues or when DL was on this site. Many members here did not see it and were not participants in the issue on hers.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

raynesonyx

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2008, 06:43:13 pm »

:happy7:
Quote from: J00wish;1361745
See you in Hell a threat? That's not a threat. That's a statement that they are just as bad as they are portraying the people to be. People don't go to Hell by force, only if they are not good Christians, Right? No one said Christians were perfect. Christians don't even say that. I don't even think this is a Christian issue. I think it's an ignorance issue. I know far too many Christians who simply laughed at this when I told them about it.

As far as the Satanic issue... If you believe something that insults other people and make a public statement about it then you have two choices: Keep your mind closed and don't grow or open a book and read up on the subject. It doesn't make you any less a Christian to understand other religions.  

Regarding the email... we have a lot of members who also post there so it did go to them. Not that it matters. There are memos, letters, discussions, etc... that are shown to the public all the time and they weigh in. This email was not private. It was a mass email. My best advice to ANYONE who is sending an email to a bunch of people who are of different faiths on a subject that only effects that person is to think before you hit send.  

I have no issue with her personally. I have been a member over there and while I've never spoken to her it is not because I didn't want to. I think you're missing the point. The email itself is what is offensive. I don't even know how many of these people know her. When it was posted on other forums it got the same response. Ironically most didn't know who she was. They were offended by content of the email and not the author.

You are absolutely right. It is her site and she can do as she pleases. If she wishes to exclude all those who are not her religion than that's her choice. But this is about someone making a broad and incorrect statement which offended people. Also, not all sites ban people at the drop of a hat or because of one heated discussion. Some do, I'll give you that. But while it's their right to do so it's the peoples right to speak their mind about it.  Like raynesonyx said... they weren't allowed to speak about it there so they are speaking about it here.  

I'd love to know what your last statement means. Please clarify. I was not here for the issues or when DL was on this site. Many members here did not see it and were not participants in the issue on hers.

J00wish you seem like a cool cat I think we could be friends. Also I couldn't agree more.

:cat: "Who could refrain that had a heart to love, and in that heart, courage to make love known?" ---William Shakespeare's MacBeth (A2, S3)
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2008, 06:43:24 pm »

This is the Teletubbies all over again. Some churches banned their kids from Telletubies because Tinky Winky had a bag and he is a male tubby. Harry Potter is evil, even noddy is evil. I am so sick of certain churches blowing stuff out of porportion. I am a Christian and proud of it. I have read all the Harry Potter books, my kids watch the telletubbies and noddy. I am sure I am still going to heaven, if I buy myself the new expansion *sigh* I wish people would stop being so dramatic about everything. They are just making more anti-christian people by making such redicilous remarks. My Gay friend is my daughters Godfather I mean for heavensake, Sims should completely be banned cause you can have gay sims, werewolfs, vampires, zombies and now witches. Grow up people Sims is just a game Cheesy
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2008, 06:48:28 pm »

WOW I am going to chime in again this is most defiantly why you shouldn't talk politics or religion, but my gosh such drama I can't seem to quit peeking into this thread LOL!!!!!

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2008, 06:56:43 pm »

I have obviously heard about the Harry Potter thing but I have never heard about the Teletubbies issue so I will be looking at up in a moment.

Honestly it isn't only Christianity that does it, it is all religions to a certain extent. This sense of fear because something is different. As someone else pointed out we, as individuals, corrupt things and make them evil.

I do not believe that your God is going to cast you into the pits of hell just because you play a videogame, or because you allow your children to go tricker treating or because you have a homosexual friend.

Bottom line you know in your heart whether or not you are a good person. You don't have to belong to such and such religion to be a good person either and just because you belong to such and such religion it doesn't mean you are a good person. We all have choices that we have to make somewhere along the line. Misinforming people and terrorizing them isn't the way to get your point across. I believe a certain President of ours has done this and look at the mess we are currently in.
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2008, 07:00:28 pm »

UHOH! It's a sure sign from above when the votes for "What is she smoking" are at 66.6 %... :laugh:

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:00 pm »

rofl toad

And for anyone else that is unfamiliar with the Teletubbies thing this is for your reading enjoyment. Now both of my daughters grew up watching this program and I had to fight with my eldest to get Dipsy (the green one) away from her so it could be washed.

The innocent world of the Teletubbies is under attack from America's religious right.
The Reverend Jerry Falwell, a former spokesman for America's Moral Majority, has denounced the BBC TV children's show. He says it does not provide a good role model for children because Tinky Winky is gay.
Cheerful Tinky Winky, the purple character with the triangular aerial on his head, carries a handbag - but apart from that seems much the same as his friends Laa-Laa, Dipsy and Po.
The characters are famous for their use of baby language, including the catchphrases "eh-oh" meaning "hello", and "uh-oh" for "oh dear".
But the Teletubbies have made the Rev Falwell, chancellor of Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, hot under the collar. He decided to "out" Tinky Winky in the February edition of his National Liberty Journal.
'Subtle depictions'
In an article called Parents Alert: Tinky Winky Comes Out of the Closet, he says: "He is purple - the gay-pride colour; and his antenna is shaped like a triangle - the gay-pride symbol."
He said the "subtle depictions" of gay sexuality are intentional and later issued a statement that read: "As a Christian I feel that role modelling the gay lifestyle is damaging to the moral lives of children."
In the same article he also condemned the US animated show South Park as "vile and impudent".
The Teletubbies, aimed at pre-school children, is immensely popular in the UK and around the world.
The show was first broadcast on US public TV last spring where it is now as popular as another children's show, Barney, a singing dinosaur. But perhaps parents should beware of Barney as well - he also happens to be purple.
'Absurd and offensive'
The Teletubbies are portrayed by actors in oversized, brightly coloured costumes. They all have television screens on their tummies and, according to the story line, live in a "chromedome" hidden in the hills.
Steve Rice, a spokesman for Itsy Bitsy Entertainment, which licenses the Teletubbies in the US, said : "The fact that he carries a magic bag doesn't make him gay.
"It's a children's show, folks. To think we would be putting sexual innuendo in a children's show is kind of outlandish.
"To out a Teletubby in a pre-school show is kind of sad on his part. I really find it absurd and kind of offensive."
A BBC spokeswoman said: "This is not the first time that people have read symbolism into a children's TV programme and it probably won't be the last. "As far as we are concerned Tinky Winky is simply a sweet, technological baby with a magic bag."

~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:30 pm »

Here you go Kathy :   http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2352455.html
There is more, but this was the main reason Smiley

LOL you got something allready
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

That is so insane. Thank you for that link. I watched that show daily for years with my daughters and as much as it annoyed me I saw it for what it is, an innocent show geared towards toddlers that seem to capture their attention so mommy can clean the kitchen.
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2008, 07:14:49 pm »

I remember reading an article on the net somewhere awhile back that referred to Barney as "The Lavender AntiChrist". Insidious... :smt120
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 07:16:51 pm by hardwaretoad » Logged

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
ronnie211797

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2008, 07:23:11 pm »

Wicca and Paganism are a belief system and those beliefs are not forced on people it is chosen by people. Most Wiccans avoid telling people they are Wiccan because of that very type of ignorance. The study of mother earth and the stars and waters that influence our very beings is in no way Devil worship. Ask her, what sign she is and I bet she could tell you, that is Wiccanism, shouldn't she be punished for knowing that?

Really wake up and smell the coffee, rose colored glasses need to be removed and people need to open their minds and stop being sooooo judgemental. Prejudice is not a pretty thing.

I am a Wiccan...witch if you so prefer to call it that. I believe that everyone in the end Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Wiccan, etc.....
has their own belief sytem. People interpret things differently it is one of the side effects of free will. .....and it harm none do what ye will!

"Remember the past but don't dwell on it, Prepare for the future but live in the present!":worship:
                            by: "Ronnie" Ronetta Bryant
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2008, 07:23:49 pm »

What amazes me is that these are adults making these claims, not the children. Barney helps teach children the difference between right and wrong, to love and respect one another.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2008, 07:29:24 pm »

I have no idea what happened with her here either. I am also speaking as a Christian when I say this:

Sadly, there are a lot of so-called Christians who make the rest of us look bad. It happens with every type of person, and not just religions. This kind of person  invents the stereotype that so many others find offensive.

Everyone at my church is the epitome of a true Christian. They don't bash others' religions, there's no hate, they love others as themselves. I asked at the last Alpha course about how they view witchcraft and paganism, and not one of them said it was evil. Jesus himself had tax collectors as his disciples.

Christianity didn't start off having all these pagan influences; that was the fault of Emperor Constantine, who stole their ideas, moved Jesus's birthday to co-incide with the winter solstice, etc. He was also the one who denounced them - true Christians aren't this hateful. I must add at this point that Christians were also persecuted once upon a time.

It saddens me that there are still so many "false Christians" in existence that spew hatred and judgment, as well as impose such twisted view of others. Judging others is one thing we're told not to do. Interestingly enough, so is "bashing people with their bible" as Kathy put it Wink

Please don't think this is what Christianity means - it truly isn't.

No requests please
eccentricgnat

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2008, 07:31:48 pm »

I don't mind the witches, I just hate it that the evil witch can call up lightning, which really hurts my eyes, and those awful roaches. I hate roaches.  I guess others hate story book witches with the same passion.

My own oldest daughter, won't let her kids do Santa at Christmas. I feel so bad for them.  They are missing something really fun.  Oh well, to each their own.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2008, 08:02:58 pm »

:lol:  As much as I despise Barney (thanks to a certain little boy in my family), I find that quoted statement ludicrous, HWT.  "Lavender AntiChrist"... doggone it, he's purple!  There's a difference!  :laugh:

Once more, I reiterate:  I agree that it's her site, a we can let her go on and do what she wants.  I have no qualms with a site owner setting rules that should be respected... no matter how ridiculous they may seem.  :?  (...since there's more to the web than just one site anyways, there's always another place to go if there's anything that makes a person uncomfortable at being at certain place... especially if said place restricts a few certain freedoms.  The internet is a sea of variety, that's for sure.)  

But getting back on the original subject (sort of) asking if AL = :devill:, I think that narrow-mindedness and fear truly does play in thinking that way... sometimes even "peer pressure", especially when you know others are watching what you're doing and you have any fears of "loosing the image" that you're supposed to represent.  

I'm 100% with what Sadie said... it's sad and true that we have a lot of persnickety people that make any religion seem quite shameful in the eyes of others (Christianity/Islam/Judaism/Wicca, or otherwise... we're all guilty of having someone in any area of religion)  It seems as if the "Golden Rule" is obsolete in some religions... or just limited to people who share the same beliefs.   It's definitely not a good way to represent what you stand for.  :dontknow:

Eh, but enough about that... I'm going back to having fun with my little devilish minions I call Sims.  :lol:  It's no harm done... all one needs to know is the differences between innocent fun and subliminal messages, or just virtual reality from real life.  :angel:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: