Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:55:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Does Apartment Life's Witch feature equal Satanism?
Yes - 12 (4%)
No - 91 (30.1%)
What the hell is she smoking? - 199 (65.9%)
Total Voters: 206

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life = Satantist?  (Read 59479 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2008, 08:41:38 pm »

i think this is slightly odd.. every person is open to their beliefs (but I soo need spell check!) I know she is the site owner but honestly, she needs to pinch herself and realise that she DOESN'T own or run this world. Yes she owns the site but this game is not satanic (or however u spell it) Its a simple game just like Makin Magic for sims 1. Does anybody say that is evil or wateva.. no.. its just a simple game. Made for fun to be enjoyed. Simple as that.. Now rant is over, may not make sense but eh..

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
GAMBLER

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2008, 08:50:19 pm »

Quote from: J00wish;1361745
You are absolutely right. It is her site and she can do as she pleases. If she wishes to exclude all those who are not her religion than that's her choice. But this is about someone making a broad and incorrect statement which offended people. Also, not all sites ban people at the drop of a hat or because of one heated discussion. Some do, I'll give you that. But while it's their right to do so it's the peoples right to speak their mind about it.  Like raynesonyx said... they weren't allowed to speak about it there so they are speaking about it here.  

You act as though she IS in fact incorrect or wrong.  That's a judgement.  What if she is right?  She believes what she believes and so do you, fair is fair.  Who is to say who is right or wrong?

Also, I read at her site that all are welcome but no satanic stuff.  Okay, I can deal with that and I'm sure many others can too.  

I'm sure if she feels threatened she would ban someone.  Wouldn't you if you felt threatened?  I saw the threads posted at GOS, she didn't attack anyone anymore than what they were flooding her forum with accusations of ignorance calling her 'stupid/ignorant' and 'you're going to hell' and 'you'll pay'.  Those sound threatening to me.  I don't blame her for banning people who threaten her.

But this big thing is J00wish sure sounds petty to say she is wrong.  You don't know that she is wrong.  You believe she is wrong.  And she believes she is right.
gualsim

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2008, 09:48:34 pm »

This is so fraking ridiculous!!! One of the main reasons to buy this EP, at least in my opinion, is because of the witches, I saw the trailers and I found them funny. Since the aliens, I did not like any of the new creatures.
So what would be next in her small mind, to listen simlish backwards to try to find hidden satanic messages or burn Enayla for her amazing Pixie Demonic skins?:evil2::evil2:
Instead of asking for banning witches, she should ask to send letters to stop securom. I am sure everybody will colaborate with that.
:cross::spanish:
pinkshoe

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2008, 10:34:30 pm »

It seems no one is showing Dl any tolerance for her religious beliefs which was stated that this is what her church and there faith believe rather its correct or not isn't relevant but its her faith that has lead her to these conclusions which has lead to her being called ignorant and a bigot for trusting in her own faith!
I honestly don't think Dl pulled this out of her ass and said because I said so but its her faithfulness to her church and there teachings
I would hope we would not ridicule one for believing in there faith or mocking there beliefs no matter what there religious preference might be.
It's easy to see Dl has angered many by believing in her faith rather that information is right or wrong. We do hear everyone bitching tolerance yet it seems tolerated to ridicule and mock her for her own religious beliefs?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:39:39 pm by pinkshoe » Logged
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2008, 10:39:59 pm »

Quote from: GAMBLER;1361949
You act as though she IS in fact incorrect or wrong.  That's a judgement.  What if she is right?  She believes what she believes and so do you, fair is fair.  Who is to say who is right or wrong?

Also, I read at her site that all are welcome but no satanic stuff.  Okay, I can deal with that and I'm sure many others can too.  

I'm sure if she feels threatened she would ban someone.  Wouldn't you if you felt threatened?  I saw the threads posted at GOS, she didn't attack anyone anymore than what they were flooding her forum with accusations of ignorance calling her 'stupid/ignorant' and 'you're going to hell' and 'you'll pay'.  Those sound threatening to me.  I don't blame her for banning people who threaten her.

But this big thing is J00wish sure sounds petty to say she is wrong.  You don't know that she is wrong.  You believe she is wrong.  And she believes she is right.

I am stating that email in question is wrong in my opinion based on the statements by people who are in that religion (who are called witches) and have said there it has NOTHING to do with Satanism. These are the people who were offended. These are the people I am talking about. As far as DL is concerned, she has every right to her beliefs. I think that she should have thought better about HOW she worded the email. Using such generalized terms linking witches to satanism is incorrect in that there are people who are called witches and have nothing to do with Wicca.

I have found nothing that combines witches with satanism. But lets take this from a different angle: Christianity. While all will call themselves Christians, there are differences/disagreements within the different denominations.

I hope I clarified that I am NOT being petty and simply pointing out that doing some research before sending out a mass email would have saved a lot of headaches and not insulted so many people.

Quote from: pinkshoe;1362095
It seems no one is showing Dl any tolerance for her religious beliefs which was stated that this is what her church and there faith believe rather its correct or not isn't relevant but its her faith that has lead her to these conclusions which has lead to her being called ignorant and a bigot for trusting in her own faith!
I honestly don't think Dl pulled this out of her ass and said because I said so but its her faithfulness to her church and there teachings
I would hope we would not ridicule one for believing in there faith or mocking there beliefs no matter what there religious preference might be.
It's easy to see Dl has angered many by believing in her faith rather that information is right or wrong. We do hear everyone bitching tolerance yet it seems tolerated to ridicule and mock her for her own religious beliefs?

I am not mocking anyone for their religious belief. Nor am I ridiculing. Many people who are of the same faith have different opinions. I find it ironic that you are stating that DL deserves some religious tolerance when the issue is that other people felt they were not given the same respect.

Also, we are talking about a forum with members of different faiths and lifestyles who were obviously offended by a statement she made. NOT her religion. NOT her faith. I admire anyone who can be spiritual and follow their religious guidelines. There are too many hypocrites in this world.

You know what I'd REALLY like to see on this thread? The name "DL" taken out of the equation and instead of focusing on her discuss the real issue. People in general who feel the EP may or may not include inappropriate content. I don't want this to become a DL bashing thread. Kathy has made it quite clear that she is not posting this to be a thread about a person who is no longer on this site. I chimed in only for the interesting discussion on the EP and have no opinion of DL whatsoever.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:50:24 pm by J00wish » Logged

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

ragingtexan

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2008, 10:41:52 pm »

Quote from: GAMBLER;1361602

I also think you all believe Christians should somehow be perfect.
Absolutely. If you're going to portray yourself/your beliefs as a shining example of the standards to which humanity should hold itself, you need to be what you want to see in the world. We're not grasping for straws here, it's basic logic.

If she thinks witchcraft is satanic, so be it.  Get a grip people.  Some of you believe witchcraft is not satanic.  Does that make you wrong?

No, it's a patently false line of logic. Satanism and Wiccanism are not one and the same, and that's that. Such beliefs are intellectually dishonest.

Isn't there such a thing as a Christian Jew?  That's kind of a misnomer isn't it?  
Of course there's such a thing. It's called Jews for Jesus. And if such contradictions in belief exist and are widely held with some sort of credibility, I don't understand how j00wish is being "petty". Those sorts of accusations are underhanded and insulting, and I defy you to argue otherwise.

"Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade. It is a perpetual process embedded in the human spirit." - Abbie Hoffmann
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2008, 10:44:37 pm »

Forgive me but have I once mocked her religious beliefs? I don't believe I have. Again everyone is free to believe what they will and as long as they aren't shoving their beliefs down my throat I hardly think it is my concern as to what they believe or disbelieve.

This happened to be shoved down everyones throat. I find it interesting and in some ways has been educational otherwise I wouldn't have spent my time the last few nights reading up on the Wiccan/Pagan religions.

And as I have already stated if this were anyone else this thread would still exsist as an oppurtunity for people to discuss whether or not certain aspect, in this case witchcraft, is somehow wrong. The vast majority that have replied apparently have no problems with it and are as dumbfounded as I am as to what is wrong with it.
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2008, 10:48:24 pm »

@ GAMBLER, pinkshoe, et al

It's pretty rediculous to whine about "accusations of ignorance" when she demonstrated that ignorance so blatantly for all to see in her own forum. She didn't even have the EP to make a fair judgement of the alleged 'satanic behavior'. The only things she's right about is the fact that yes, she does indeed have the right as owner to post anything she wants, and to allow any type of creations on her site that she wants. She has the right to ban anyone who disagrees with her as well, but I think she ought to be prepared for a backlash from the community of Biblical proportions, if you'll pardon the expression. Accusations, indeed.

I read the posts from her site, what you see as "threats" I interpret as something else entirely. I see them simply as incredulous disbelief from members of her site that anyone in this day & age could be so woefully uninformed from hiding behind a trumped up 'holier-than-thou' personification of themselves that they trot out crap like she wrote in her initial post there.

She wears ignorance on her sleeve proudly displayed like a badge of honor by someone that's been awarded someone from fighting a mighty battle, which of course she would liken herself to, her's being the 'good fight', that of believer over evil non-believers and sinners the world over.

I saw her behavior both here & at the adult site, where it was usually one of her posts showing up first to drool & comment over the latest pixelated penis that showed up for download. We that were here and were part & parcel to her hypocrisy really expect no less from her at her own site.

So before you ask, yes, I am biased. Biased by what I witness her constant grandstanding drama create at this site and the adult. She so craves the attention as a Christian fighting her own personal Holy War I see she's willing to bring it to her own site.

Martyrdom knows no boundaries...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:18:36 pm by hardwaretoad » Logged

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
Lael

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2008, 10:57:45 pm »

Quote from: GAMBLER;1361949

I would very much like you to explain how to live life without judgment of any kind. True, there is the majority/minority factor where society allows the majority to determine right and wrong. Been part of the human experience since we stopped living in simple family groupings back in prehistory. True, every single opinion has its own validity or none do.

In order for a determination to be made, knowledge is important. Will you equate ignorance with incorrect or wrong? The statement that witches are satanic is in fact ignorant. Let's put this in another context. I choose to use a particular style of swastika as a holy symbol. You glance at it and decide I am a Nazi. You are ignorant of alternate patterns and their meanings and can only come to an incorrect conclusion based on a social anxiety concerning a similar form of symbol. The one I am referring to is a Native American symbol and I refuse to not use it because another nation corrupted their own solar symbol with opposite facing arms from mine.

The same can be said for the pentagram in regards to satanism.

*Snorts* To consider the words 'stupid' or 'ignorant' a threat is amusing. An insult yes. Threat, not by any legal standard nor meaning of those words. How generous of you to make them so. 'You're going to hell' ... well, I'll grant the merit of that one when you place the entire sentence used rather than just a snippet. As you have it, I can vaguely see it if the person is standing over her physically with fists, weapons, a cold or something more than just an internet 'verbal' impact upon her physical person.

The actual quote is: " Good day, if I'm demonic as you claim and you Abrahamic Hell exists, we'll be seeing each other soon."

Hmmm... let's consider a moment. Well, perhaps one could interpret that as a threat, were one being at the harshest level of lingual exactitude. Or, more generously, that when the two parties in question reach their ordained end (determined by their own genes, lifestyles and simple luck versus outside influences) they will share accommodations in a scenic destination lacking working air conditioning.

As for "you'll pay"... I read the entire thread line supplied on page 4 Post #67. At no time did anyone at all use those 2 and a half words. Nice! Thanks for throwing your own wood (words) onto the debate fire. You'll pay is indeed potentially threatening. Even probable as threatening. Would be a fair argument if it had in fact been used at all.

Let's take a look at your own wording, shall we?

"Flooding her forum" Do you mean her thread? Or her actual entire forum? I am puzzled. If you mean the thread... your idea of flooding and my own understanding of that word (in an internet context, naturally) must differ. Is flooding to be understood as having any amount of dissenting opinions at all? The correction of perceived ignorance is perhaps flooding? Arguing your perspective is flooding? Losing your temper is flooding? My opinion is that, concerning the thread, you need to choose your terms more carefully for debate accuracy.

If you did in fact mean the actual forum, I'll have to take your word for it that it is the case. I do not belong to it nor would I now. I know that I and my opinions, my 'judgments' based on knowledge, experience and generally accepted societal definitions would be unwelcome. On reading the single thread in question, this is proven. So, DL can exercise her rights to run her site as she clearly sees fit and I exercise mine to not participate there in any way. Neatly solved, no fuss no muss.

As for this last section... this is the entire reason I responded. Yes, in fact, we know DL is wrong. Knowledge trumps ignorance. Belief does not equate to right. Knowledge does. DL showed her knowledge lacking. JOOwish has her knowledge correct and displays it accurately. Your use of 'petty' applies far more to you than to her. Nice way to subtly insult. I chose to emulate you. Wink

Your constant arguments through this whole thread has been based on people judging others. Your own words can't carry their weight because you are trying to judge others for their lack of restraint on your chosen ideal. The probability of DL being right is nil. Show me in no uncertain terms that she can be. You cannot. I do not accept your philosophy. For that is what it is.

No human being can function without making judgments. We make them thousands of times over the course of a day. Some are correct, some not. But this is how our society works. Judgment can be good and it can be bad. It depends on knowledge, experience and common ground to work for the best of all. Remove one of those and it fails, sometimes grandly. DL showed poor judgment. J00wish did not. Yours, Gambler, isn't looking so hot right now.

Returning now to the actual thread here... I am just sad that this kind of behavior is defended. Equality is necessary but far from present. That remains the biggest issue of our society. The overlapping of freedom of speech with freedom of religion is a tangled thorny mire. The two don't work well together. DL exercised her religious rights at the expense of others' right to speak. That cannot be denied. That is also the price of the internet. So, accept it, move on and let go.

There is this constant need in people to be right and to beat it into the heads of everyone else. We have so far to go. I am no better in that respect than anyone else. Thus my foray into this thread. I'll return to lurking now.

:lurk:

::smilieiforgetwhi:: "No longer talk at all about the kind of man that a good man ought to be, but be such." Book X Paragraph 16, "The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius" ::smilieiforgetwhi::
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2008, 10:59:05 pm »

In addition to the InSim regulars, I see two new groups here;  those that that have come defending DLMuslow, and those that have brought the defense of their beliefs here since they can't speak freely on Muslow's site.

No matter how much one side tries to convince the other side they are wrong, the arguments fall on deaf ears because of their beliefs and convictions.  No one is going to change their beliefs because of this discussion.  All that will happen is people will continue to become outraged and quite possibly in their response say things they regret later or branch the discussion into areas that pull more people into the battle of words.

It's time to concede neither each side of this discussion will change.  Ignore them and move on.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2008, 11:09:13 pm »

@pinkshoe: I don't know if you've noticed, but some of these responses are from other Christians. We can hardly mock our own faith, can we?

She didn't pull it out of her arse, no, those beliefs about witchcraft have been around for centuries. For her to then reject any attempt to educate her on the matter, I'm afraid, is a sign of bigotry, Christian or otherwise. She suggested to ask a Christian pastor on their views - if I asked any of my three vicars, I know they'd give me a very different opinion to what she'd expect to hear. It shouldn't be the case like this, but there are churches and churches. I was just very lucky.

I'm not knocking her faith, but I do question her sincerity about it since - from what I've seen/heard - she seems to have not read her bible properly. She's judging witchcraft while refusing to probe deeper (I read the thread that was linked to here), and Jesus said to not "judge the sawdust in one person's eye while not seeing the plank in our own."

I read this fictional book years ago, about a fire elemental created by a group of satanists. It was a good example of how stories can educate people, for I learned a lot from it. The story involved a battle between Satanists and witches, whom they conjured this thing to dispose of. It drew a very clear line between the two groups; they both cast spells and hold rituals, and so in that sense yes, EA has drawn some inspiration from real-life beliefs like these.

If I had to then compare EA witches to these RL groups, I would do it like this:

White = witchcraft
Black = Satanism
Neutral = pagans

Bearing in mind that since these are caricatures, they're not meant to be that close to real life, so you won't find any sacrifices, devil worship or whatnot going on, and thus there's no reason to get into such a tizzy about it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:48:48 pm by Sadie79 » Logged

No requests please
kimmyfrmtx

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2008, 11:18:36 pm »

I don't think the witches are Satanic, I am not even sure what Satanism involves.

I think the whole problem is the way the email was worded.  If the email had been something like:

This is a Christian based site.  Some people may be offended by symbols used by the witches in the new EP.  While everyone is entitled to his/her beliefs,  postings witches and practices involved will not be allowed on this site.

Thanks for your understanding.

Then people would not be insulted being called Satan worshipers, which I think is the REAL problem here.  

We are all entitled to our beliefs.  The base of most organized religious is love, acceptance and showing by example what faith in said religion can make in life and afterlife (where applicable).
ragingtexan

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2008, 11:26:12 pm »

Quote from: kimmyfrmtx;1362162
I don't think the witches are Satanic, I am not even sure what Satanism involves.

Wikipedia for Satanism.

No allusions to witchcraft exist within the article, which is my main argument with the premise that GAMBLER and the rest put forth - it's immediately logically false and intellectually dishonest to associate witchcraft with Satanism.

"Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade. It is a perpetual process embedded in the human spirit." - Abbie Hoffmann
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2008, 11:26:45 pm »

Which brings me to my next question.. how many of us actually understand modern day satanism? I will be the first to admit that I have no idea other than the articles I read from the 80's.
goodstart1

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2008, 11:28:00 pm »

I GUESS HER SIMS DON'T "WOOHOO" BEFORE MARRIAGE....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: