Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 09:19:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: what do you like most so far in the AL ep?
apartments - 66 (43.7%)
witches - 45 (29.8%)
new clothes - 3 (2%)
new hair - 1 (0.7%)
new objects - 16 (10.6%)
new familys - 3 (2%)
new lots - 2 (1.3%)
new neighbourhood - 4 (2.6%)
other... please specify - 11 (7.3%)
Total Voters: 103

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: whats your fave part of AL so far?  (Read 27560 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bdhfsbp2.3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 08:22:23 am »

i agree TtheK i love the the new cam to i also find the measuring tool in build mode to be quite useful. i finally saw a witch yesterday which was really cool def gonna enjoy that feature

Especially after all the recent shananigans

what shananigans

Tell me if I'm going crazy
But everything you said amazed me
It seems too easy on the ear to
Be something I should adhere to
ko3p1ng

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 08:12:21 am »

I like the apartment concept then witch. Can't wait to buy this EP

I Love The Sims :-P
tugcefindikoglu

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 02:23:36 pm »

Well... The apartments aren't as exciting as I hoped... I voted for witches. Cheesy
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 12:10:22 am »

I voted apartments, but that was before I discovered the new cuddle interaction between the Sims when they wake up in the morning. It's the cutest thing ever, and I'm a complete sucker for it. LOL.

But the apartments are great, as well. Smiley

My other ride is a chocobo.
winterglow

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 12:59:20 pm »

I love the neighborhood sfuff  the architectural decorative items
 the condos the magic stuff  and the new interactions

Koji Tamaki \(^o^)/
Yong Yun Bae  \(*O*)/
HenryJoe

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 12:06:09 am »

Personally, I just love the fact that there are actually CEILINGS now. I think just that little touch adds a great deal of immersion and believability to the game, whether you are a builder, filmmaker, picture taker, just casual player, or whoever.

Best part on Apt life for me so far...

"In The Darkness Casts My Light Shadow"

-HenryJoe
suziesim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 11:39:15 am »

I love the new socials - having different social groups gives the townies a little more character, especially since they seem to make sense - an artsy bohemian neighbor probably is in a dance career and paints in her spare time! Cheesy   And I love the new interactions for parent/child too - that swinging around is great - my simkids may never play red hands again.  
I love that they can jump rope almost anywhere - builds body & it's fun!  bonus!  

I'm enjoying the witchy aspect - my Atrociously Evil warlock made himself a Throne last night & he might as well just sell off his fridge, potty & bed - he doesn't need anything else any more!

"All human activity lies within the artist's scope.
 ... maybe not yours."
a knight's tale
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 09:34:57 am »

I dont really like apartments. It seems a novel idea and all, but its just too much lagging and annoyance with building disabled.

Lagging: Yeah I get the blacking out of unused apts and that it supposedly frees up memory. But when you visit a neighbour their place becomes playable. Even after you leave it stays there. So say you visit 2-3 neighbours, all their apartments will STAY visible, and lag even more than a regular house. Thats my experience anyway.

Build Mode: Yeah... I get that too...greying out, since you cant really chop and change certain things in real life. But I find it annoying. They should have had an on/off button for it, instead of forcing us to enter buggy cheatcodes that wont work 99% of the time anyway. Because you didnt enter the right one. Because they have a million and one different ones to unlock different parts.

Its just too much of a hassle.
The Witch part however... FINALLY! Witches! The only cult characters I care to play with.
I have some issues with the spells tho but i guess I can live with them, or I hope mods will be created to make them more suitable.
Michele

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 12:35:12 am »

Witches, Objects, New Neighborhoood, New "Socials"

I like the "Wizard of Oz" witches, the new objects, that helicopter is a blast, I am waiting on simt to be updated so I can "inject" the new neighborhood into a superhood I built up off Pleasantview as its base. The technique is laid out over at MTS2 on how to do it.

The NPC Witches seem to get added when the hidden hood "Magic" is added.
I used Paladin's Visual porter to find out who they were as like the Grand Vamps, their names are random.

Apartments look kewl, but I am waiting for the new SimPE to upgrade "low tax" mailbox which I built before Apt Life came out. Current tax sims seem to pay is 104% per annum on all property. ( 1% twice per week. Boston tea party anyone? )

I've rather liked this release. I made sure to get the NoSecurom crack before playin, even though I bought this on DVD. I do not like my ability to burn CD/DVD movies and file archives impared.
Sita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 07:12:03 am »

I love the apartments. And  Maxis have actually made some good buildings at last! Hooray!
Also the socials... am just finding out how to use the Classes now and this is challenging and fascinating.
Also the kids' playground toys.
I've played a bit with the Witches and like them a lot better than any of the other wierdos in Sims 2 - eg werewolf, zombie (yuck) and vampires. Oh except maybe Plantsims, those look cute!

and http://simechoes.org for Sims 1 and 2
star782

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 08:41:55 am »

the slow dance option is so cute especially when my jay-z sim lowered hi hands and he actually touched my beyonce sim bum and she put her finger up and gave him the sim riot act lol
Michele

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 04:00:08 am »

Slow dance has been there a looong time. I remember havin my sims do it when only the base game, Uni, and Nightlife were out. Smiley
Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 10:27:39 am »

Personally, I was so happy to see ceilings that I actually said out loud, "Ooooh!! Ceilings!" which was even a shock to myself. I never realized how much they improved the immersion of a setting until now! Smiley
Raven415
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 06:48:52 pm »

My first post ever.  The witches got my vote. They are fun to play and I also like the apartments.  My building skills (houses and such) suck so these are a welcome new place for me to play in.
xboxt13
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 03:05:50 pm »

My vote went to the witches because of the teleporting spell.

But i really liked some of the new items like the helicopter and the bookcase tht doubles as a secret door when you pull the right book =]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: